Maxi General Q&A

They should forget about maxi and put the original character using that style witch is Li Lon
I can't beleave they can replace this Character with Li Long...How cheap

Ummm...Thank you for your informative post. Everyones opinion is welcome here. Unfortunatly for you Maxi isnt going anywhere and this thread is about MAXI CHANGES FOR SC5.

I agree that Li Long was a great character, But unless you have things to contribute to THIS CONVERSATION, please refrain from trolling. Thank you, your call is appreciated, please remain on the line, and one of our friendly customer service reps with be right with you

HRD

Ummm...Thank you for your informative post. Everyones opinion is welcome here. Unfortunatly for you Maxi isnt going anywhere and this thread is about MAXI CHANGES FOR SC5.

I agree that Li Long was a great character, But unless you have things to contribute to THIS CONVERSATION, please refrain from trolling. Thank you, your call is appreciated, please remain on the line, and one of our friendly customer service reps with be right with you

HRD

lol, you tell him, I had SB back in the day and I still didn't remember who Li Long is... Though I do vaguely remember wondering where Maxi came from lol...

On topic changing Maxi for another character would still be a Maxi change no? I kid, I kid, seriously, love him the way he is, quicker transitions and such would make him a lot more difficult, the only thing I can think of is his a+k evasion move, always seems like a fluke if it's going to work or not. Probably works better as part of his transitions to make him more unpredictable, but its always a big guessing game for him.

Like so many other characters he needs to be better able to keep up with the toughest, like Cervantes, Sophie etc.. imo, so easy to catch him as Cervantes if you space well and use FC A+B, because of his transitions, even 4B+K can catch an unaware Maxi mid transition

im just gonna say for the 1000th time li long is a terrible maxi that was less developed as a character and less personality

li long=shitty canned strings
maxi= stances

yes im aware li long came first

MAXI with 3 Nunchaku!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New Stance: Three Headed Snapping Turtle...
Not a change I would like to see but something thats interesting to think about, and it's crazy but possible... Maybe a meter that fulls up proportionate to how big his previous combo was, when it reaches full you can hit A+B+K to utilize a third Nunchaku and enter previously unknown stances and most importantly, kick ass...

MAXI with 3 Nunchaku!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New Stance: Three Headed Snapping Turtle...
Not a change I would like to see but something thats interesting to think about, and it's crazy but possible... Maybe a meter that fulls up proportionate to how big his previous combo was, when it reaches full you can hit A+B+K to utilize a third Nunchaku and enter previously unknown stances and most importantly, kick ass...

You come up with the craziest shit!! You are a walking frame data factory. You need a girl holmes. Ill lend you my wife for a week if you want. Youll be to tired to play calibur hahaha

HRD

You come up with the craziest shit!! You are a walking frame data factory. You need a girl holmes. Ill lend you my wife for a week if you want. Youll be to tired to play calibur hahaha

HRD

Well then...

Anyways I'd like to see him able to play safer, make him tournament capable without it being suicide. I like his SG damage game, maybe a bit more but I'm hoping Maxi gets stronger mixups rather than doing more damage versus a turtle.

Thank you for enjoying my opinion, these topics are really important to the community!

I really don't know why Maxi don't have a R.O Throw (I know he has on the back, but is so occasional that I not even consider it)

And that lows was so important! Why to put this is a stance? I mean... what Maxi has of so good that he can't have these things naturally!?

Another thing o would like him to have is some attacks eith a greater range, because characters with great range has 2A low (what I think is unfair...), so mid and low range character show have more long range characters to defend themselves!

And last, I would REALLY appreciate if Maxi could cancel his loops easier, because is TOO HARD to do mind game in experienced players, the most just wait the right moment and use any 17i or faster attack!

And I'm not talking as a noob who says:"Maxi is very good, you just keep pressing something and he'll never stop attacking!"

I'm talking because I play with him since ever...

@Hotrod: I'm not sure if that was a joke :(
Anyway, he could hold the third Nunchuk like Wavering Light stance, or juggle it while attacking with the other two, or even use his mouth to attack with the third weapon, like something outta Ruroni Kenshin... I gotta see this, haha...

I agree that maxi should have top tier step (and evasiveness).

His game in neutral stance should not be superior pokes in the sense that they're all safe or he has really good lows, but that he should have average pokes but have high agility/mobility/evasiveness to compensate.

Reactions: HRD
god im really glad they are doing a new game. for me i would just need a few things from every generation of maxi.
Make 236B knock down. make 6A+B like sc2. give him 66A and the cancel version from sc2. give him 2A+B from sc3 and make it stay crouched. give him 22_88 bA A from 8wr. give back 22_88 kk from sc3 but make RC kk like sc3. make AA fast and safe. Give single B more range and speed and let it go into RO like it used to. i honestly dont know what to do with BB other than drop it completely. make FC 3AAA track almost like it did in soul calibur 2. make WS A like it was in the old games so we have a fast option from crouch. keep WS A from sc4 but use a different command like A+K or something. let me hold the WL stance as long as i want.

i will think of more after i go play a bit and remember what im missing.

i totally forgot that 236B even existed. It just sucks so much as it is now. SC2 properties would be nice.

Yea I can't even use it. Couldn't find use for it in sc3 either. I can see it helping against the matchup with Kilik and astaroth and against kids that backroll tech heavy. It needs to be faster and cover a foot more ground. Also 6A+B needs to tech highs from the first frame.

it needs to not be total suicide on block, or it at least has to do some significant damage on hit. Right now the move's risk-reward ratio is just so whacked that its completely useless.

I've thought about this... What if Maxi is in close range and for example he does his AA move and the opponent blocks and can punish Maxi with his or her AA. Since Maxi should be so agile, why can't he completely dodge the punishing AA attack by inputting either 2 or 8 to go to his Pure Soul. While he steps to his side, why shouldn't his head bob below both hits of the enemy's AA and not just the first hit.?
How 'bout when you up close to your enemy, lets' say it's Rugi or Raph, and they guard your BB.
Oh damn! Your in s#!t trouble.
Why not have a quicker block recovery so you can block their punishing attack whether it'll be BB or AA. With that quicker recovery, Maxi could guard from where the nunchucks are to his body, as soon as you release G, you recover in LO, and you can either perform B,K to try to score a knockdown, or press K to knock someone flat on their back and say "Hey, did I get 'cha?!"
The same could be done when you're at close range and Maxi does AA, block, then resume to his RC.

...give him 2A+B from sc3 and make it stay crouched. give him 22_88 bA A from 8wr. give back 22_88 kk from sc3 but make RC kk like sc3...

If SC4 Maxi's WL A is still that, they could at least make it grounded. But hey, ArmLegLegArmHead, if they're going to give him the 2A+B from SC3 then I wouldn't mind that move not being grounded. I'm not so clear about what 22_88 bA A from 8wr was. *someone please refresh me on that one* I like Maxi's 22_88 KK and RC KK from SC4 imo though.

Its the general concesus of all of us Maxi guys to have a way better AA & BB. They are both horrible in this game and are rendered almost unusable.

AA does go into PSL 4_5 but it takes forever for that animation to finish making it highly dangerous. I do like the idea of incorperating a tech crouch in it but PSL 4_5 really have no advantage frame wise to make them useful, even with a TC they would need faster frames to make it effective!

B or K having knockdown properties I think is a little over the top. I would be all right with having CH K stun a little (shakable). But K is already Maxi's fastest move @ i13.

RC KK in sc4 becomes very predictable once you get used to it. its very easily jump and GI'd (Its better just to duck the 2nd K and punsih with 6A+B or something) but RC KK has always been a see-able low, its fine if you can mix it up in the middle of strings but if you play maxi you know when its coming.

HRD
sc2maxi2.gif

I'm not so clear about what 22_88 bA A from 8wr was. *someone please refresh me on that one* I like Maxi's 22_88 KK and RC KK from SC4 imo though.

22_88bAA was an SC2 8way run move. In SC4 they made it his LI AA and you can't access it any other way, which sucks. Plus the move isn't as good in SC4 because after the second A it forces you to go into BL stance. In SC2/SC3 you could do the second hit and be neutral or go for the canned B at the end of the series. It was the best in SC2 because you could easily access the move from 8wayrun, giving you a fast whiff punisher. In SC3 you could only do the move from a standstill but it was still a mid %100 sidestep killing move up close. 3A was another move that was great in SC2/SC3 but made into complete ass in this game.

Back