maxi, invent a move thread

twiggywales

[08] Mercenary
ok try to keep it realistic and discribe it

move name: falling Sobat
notation: LO BkG:A (JF)
discprtion: as maxi perfoms the sweeping kick (Wing Sobat LO BK) he brings his leg back and as he lands brings the nunchuck around and hit the oppent.
data:
i16
16+33 damage
hits Mid, Mid
-11 on block
+3 on hit
+6 on CH
applications: anyone that knows anything about maxi will duck a LOBK with ease, this move would be used to catch these people, good 50/50 they either stand there and you could do a LOBK leaving you on +frames, stand there and you do the cancel JF and they have reasonable advantage or if they were to duck you can LOBK and miss or LOBkG:A and catch them.

maxi, invent a move therad

A fast long range mid horizontal that TCs and GIs and is plus on block and ROs and combos and, um... Nah, who am I kidding, that's be broke.

A fast long range mid horizontal that TCs and GIs and is plus on block and ROs and combos and, um... Nah, who am I kidding, that's be broke.

No reason to write something if your suggestion is something so impossibly overpowered...
On the other hand, though, your idea can be salvaged. Check it out:

Make the move chargeable. If you charge it for 30 seconds, it becomes a high damage unblockable instead.
It would become balanced because then we'd be all confuseded...

I want 236A236K.

Just make 66A's second hit cancellable or something. =) Same with 44AB

Yeah, fixing 66A would help Maxi ALOT. I'd also like his 6A+B to not suck again, and BLA to have better range. Along with some of the fixes from the patch thread, I don't need any new moves for Maxi. As far as his looping goes, he is such a complete character now from his SC 1 incarnation where his looping seemed 1/2 finished, that i'm pretty satisfied. I just wish some as a character he didn't have so many holes in his game.

Cancelling out his 3A+K for just the low kick and go into FC would be great too...

3A+KG - i27
L = Low
G = -14
H = KND
CH = KND
TC (leaves Maxi ~FC)

Now he has a real 1A, way-to-go Maxi!!!

33_99aK - i23/ 24d.
L = Mid
G = -18
H = KND
CH = STN (+16)
SCD = 17
TC [17-22]
(looks similar to Maxi's aK~LO but it's tracking allows it to Tech Trap opponents after 4BBK)

33_99a:K ~RO - i20/ 32d.
L = Mid
G = -11
H = STN (+30)
CH = STN (+30)
SCD = 14
GB; TC [15-20]; JF
(same attack as above but safer, turns into a GB, garauntees any Mid in Right Outer on hit, even those awsome kicks, and is about as hard as iMCF to pull off, so it would actually take some practice to use)

Awesome thread twiggy...

66aG ~BL - i21
L = Mid
G = 0
H = +3
CH = +16
(spins opponent on CH)

New BL move...
BL A+B ~LO - i52/ 40d.
L = Mid
G = U
H = +20
CH = +20
ST (It'll give Maxi about the same edge as Taki's PO A+B... and LO A/ LO AK is way safer to do it can be stepped to Maxi's left)

Nice ones Zombie bear....

Something that surprised me with Maxi was the fact that he actually had a good amount of Tech Traps if you're willing to look for them.

What disappointed me, however, was the fact that he had no NON-tech traps. They have no reason to tech into my 66B+K, or 66A, I mean what am I gonna do, 2B+K B them? oooo so scary they might lose 25 health!

So I came up with this move.

Dragon Stomp.
2b+k:K (Fastest input)
IMP: i24
G: -25
H: -7
CH: Toe hop stun.
DMG: 10

Dragon Slaughter.
2b+k:K (used on downed opponent.) (fastest input)
IMP: i24
G: N/A (can't guard if you're downed.)
H: AT
CH: AT
DMG: 40

Animation: similar to Maxi's normal 2B+K except in this one he really brings his foot down hard. If he hits a grounded opponent he'll keep his foot on them and then nail them with his chucks, it'd look kind of like his normal 2B+K B used on a downed opponent except a lot more brutal and a lot more damage. It will also leave them stunned on the ground, not enough time to do another 2b+k:K but enough to do a regular 2B+K B

As for the difficulty of the input, I was thinking probably about the same as Yoshi's earslicer.

I mean what am I gonna do, 2B+K B them? oooo so scary they might lose 25 health!

Not scary, but NOONE likes to eat this as ground hit, it's too insulting. Psychologically, they're not gonna stay on the round for it, regardless of damage ;)

Not scary, but NOONE likes to eat this as ground hit, it's too insulting. Psychologically, they're not gonna stay on the round for it, regardless of damage ;)

Mine would be even more insulting, but it'd also do decent damage.

Dragon's palm.
6k:A+B (fastest input.)
Mid
IMP: i19
G:-18
H: KND
CH: KND
DMG: 35
TC [i2-i11] (Also tech crouches during the recovery frames.)

Animation: Maxi brings his right hand around in a horizontal swing from right to left, think Wesker's Panther fang from RE5.

It would cause the exact same knockdown as his 33_99A, and would give the same options as 33_99A. Its Input would be a bit less strict than Yoshi's earslicer.

About your 2b+k:K (hobo) on ground hit... If you mess up and they do guard it, it would be -25 on guard...
I have something else for your grounded situation...

2B+K - i24/ 40d.
G = +5
H = KND
CH = KND
GB (if both hits land on a down opponent it gives a 27 frame ground STN)

The second hit of this attack has 100% tracking so if they get up and guard the second hit allows you to continue your offense... It's a trap on the ground and if they tech so its a win-win, and if they stay down a 27 frame ground STN lets you use 236A which I only see off of certain combos because of how bad it is...

Sure Maxi can jump over opponents and be hit by an attack that leaves him ~BT but he doesn't really have an attack that leaves him ~BT on hit on guard...

WR aB - i17/ 33d.
G = -16
H = crumple STN
CH = crumple STN
This one hit's mid but it doesn't step or tech crouch like WR A...

WR aBG - i15/ 12d.
L = High
G = -10
H = STN
CH = STN
(leaves Maxi BT'd on block and hit)
So even if they guard the attack your BT'd and safe, but If they get hit BT B+K is a garaunteed combo for 50d. on normal hit... And further more you can use Hobo's tech mind games afterward... Problem with this is it's high so if they sense it coming or just duck it randomly you got a small problem...

And a couple new just frames, just something I thought up of now...

FC 1A:B ~LO - i30/ 54d.
L = Low-Special Mid
G = +8
H = KND
CH = KND
NCC/ GB/ TJ/ JF/ ST (on hit just frame)

FC 3A:A ~RO - i27/ 16d.
L = Low-Low
G = -20
H = +13
CH = +13
NC/ JF/ ST

FC 3A;A;A ~RO - i27/ 30d.
L = Low-Low-Low
G = -20
H = STN (+20)
CH = STN (+20)
NC/ JF/ ST (on hit just frame)

Now Maxi is Algol friendly - lol

I'm surprised a guy like maxi doesn't have more fakes .... LI Bg and RO aA and Ro aB are about it ...

I'm surprised a guy like maxi doesn't have more fakes .... LI Bg and RO aA and Ro aB are about it ...

Maxi was the fake master back in SC2.....then again, everyone had a bunch of feints in that game.....why oh why did they dumb this shit down?

True PSL4
During PSL3, [8]_[2]

By holding the direction(rather than tapping it for a sidewinder), you'll stay in PSL3 and have the mobilty of SC2's PSL4(you will however lose auto gi properties, to regain it. You must fully return back to PSL3). As you shift in and out of PSL1, PSL2, and PSL3 PSL4(if your oppenant lets you) added JFs, moves, and/or properties to LO or RO moves are gained, via something that looks like a Soul Charge. Depending on how many seconds you stayed in loop.

getting hit during TPSL4, Going into Sidewinder, auto-gi PSL3, or B+K would reset the loop bonus.

any stance B+K, 4A+K>LI
SC'2 backstep sidewinder

2A+B
Maxi brings his free fist down at the enemies shins and punches them for 10 on NH. Would track to his left. Hits low has slightly faster startup than 1A. Leaves him at -2 on block.

any stance B+K, 6A+B
Maxi's OLD SC2 6A+B, ending in BL

anystance, B+K, B+K:B:B:K
Maxi rolls out the drum solo, however this JF'd version would more overall damage. The B's would be completely mashable. The K however would have strict timing and +30 more damage, only would work on CH. on top of a solid 30 and the last B launches for BL,KK(canned JF follow up on CH). Missing the K would cause maxi to auto-taunt.

yeah alot of it is old SC2 stuff I missed, but I tryed to utilize in into this new Maxi.

To elaborate on Marginal's post...

66[A] ~RC - i21/ 20d.
L = Mid-Mid
G = -4
H = +5
CH = +5
NC

Something new...

WL BBA:G - i19???/ 34d.
L = Mid-Mid-High
G = -15
H = SLNC
CH = SLNC
NC; JF (LNC's the opponent foward, safer on Grd.)

33bA, RC A, 236 A would combo out of this...

FC 8B ~ LI
G: +3
H: KND
CH: KND
SC: 10
IMP: 28
DMG: 30
TJ: i1-i30

It would basically be the second hit of FC1AB, except it gives plus three on block instead of -2

1[A] ~ RO
G: -7
H: +10
CH: +14 (Guarantees RO A.)
IMP:: 30 (yes it's just as fast as the normal one.)
DMG: 18

Essentially it's just a 1A that leads to RO and gives a little more on hit.

Back