Maxi Video Thread

I don't think LI A has TC properties. WR A+B/WR [A+B] is a pretty good move but they have pretty bad range which limits their versaitily

LI AAB isn't safe unless charged version is used.

WS[A+B] is a use i WANT to use, but it breaks my heart

Haven't watched vids yet, will get around to it. Haven't been around lately

LI AA can be side stepped like a mother fucker even if you block the first 2 A's. Although if all is blocked I dont think you are at disadvantage, I think It comes out almost even. A good mix up that works good for me sometimes is mixing up LI AA with LI AA BL KK. Its just nice to have an option for mix up out of that one. cause even the charged one will get really predictable and youre askin for GI time!!

LI AA can be side stepped like a mother fucker even if you block the first 2 A's. Although if all is blocked I dont think you are at disadvantage, I think It comes out almost even. A good mix up that works good for me sometimes is mixing up LI AA with LI AA BL KK. Its just nice to have an option for mix up out of that one. cause even the charged one will get really predictable and youre askin for GI time!!

ON hit though it's only steppable to one side that's pretty decent i think, but it's always easy to GI :)

On block the GB leaves u at disdvantage *sadface* -3 frames. I normally gamble a vicious counter there for common fast responses.

Careful with that mixup hotrod, it's a bit cheeky ;) won't work on block vs experienced opponents, but it MAY work if LI AA hits though

I dunno man. I'm playing with Yun now. I need a break from Maxi. At this point, I'm not even gonna rag on Namco to "beef" him up. I just want the bugs ( or things that seem buggy to me ) fixed. Like B+K not working in a stun on smaller characters. WR KK missing randomly and leaving me at disadvantage. PSL3 GI frames starting hella late. WL BBA missing on X. A+B 2nd hit missing randomly. BL A having the range of Tyranasaurus Rex arms. But seriously, could you make the B+K input easier? Man, if I could get that move and JF 6BBB down, Maxi would be alot better...naturally. :)

Hot Rod, are those videos on the site new? If so, JB won't have to come up, I'll fly down to Cali and stab you in the eye myself! :P
1) After 6A+B, BL K/B or go RO B for tech trap. Either way, you missed it a whole bunch of times
2) 4[A+B] go 33bA RC A.?
3) I didn't think Mitsu was small enough for B+K in a stun to whiff. Either way, since Mitsu was close to the edge, 6BBB, or 3B RO B could have rung him out. 4BBK, 2B+KB for damage
4) After 4BBK Mistu just laid there, 2B+KB to get him up. :)
5) Stop with the RCC 6A. It brings back bad memories of our online matches.

Good job with uploading the vids though. Just one more thing, I'd play with standard time. It changes the game more than you think.

Hot Rod, are those videos on the site new? If so, JB won't have to come up, I'll fly down to Cali and stab you in the eye myself! :P
1) After 6A+B, BL K/B or go RO B for tech trap. Either way, you missed it a whole bunch of times
2) 4[A+B] go 33bA RC A.?
3) I didn't think Mitsu was small enough for B+K in a stun to whiff. Either way, since Mitsu was close to the edge, 6BBB, or 3B RO B could have rung him out. 4BBK, 2B+KB for damage
4) After 4BBK Mistu just laid there, 2B+KB to get him up. :)
5) Stop with the RCC 6A. It brings back bad memories of our online matches.

Good job with uploading the vids though. Just one more thing, I'd play with standard time. It changes the game more than you think.

Nah man those are old vids from 3 or 4 moths ago that JB already schooled me on. I have grown from those vids, I was just bored. I did make a vid of me and my son doing some maxi mirrors. Im quite proud of the little guy. I would post it up but its on myspace casue its 13 minutes long and I didnt want everyone to come at me with torches and pitchforks. You know what...fuck it

this one is what caused the fight, i think its funny as hell

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=57540901

see if you can tell which is the father and which is the dad. Keep in mind he is 9 years old. Im so fuckin proud. Also I dont really go all that easy on him, mainly cause he does a pretty good job by himself. I dont go all out cause i want him to be proud of himself......enough sentimental bullshit...watch it check it out. It will make my kid happy if yall drop a "good job" type thing on him, or even what he can improve on, Im a mediocre coach at best lol...hed love it!! you gotta figure out which one is which first though...hahahahaha

those look like some really fun matches :D

my guess would be your playing your red maxi lol, just cos there were a few things that i dont think you would do that he did ( 6BBB, a bit more grabing than you, not caceling the LI to RO one of your fav lil tricks) generally hes good just gotta be a bit more careful but that just comes with time, keeps it nice and simple, not to many loops but effective attacking (if a bit risky lol) he seems to favor the CH LIAA tech trap but i did notice he also knew when to not charge to get the full combo so pretty cool. im impressed puts a lot of maxis to shame

so well done hot rod jr :D keep kicking your old mans butt for us

of course if you are not playing the red maxi then oopsie

but like i said looked good fun playing

Thanx guys, that really means a lot to him. He thinks everyone on this site is some kind of soul calibur god. he even understands notation, so I can just tell him thee notation for a move and he can do it. Thanx for the kind words guys.

whoa, lil dude got skills for his age. How old is he??!!!! he resembles u btw. Did you pop that one out on your own? hehehe

whoa good shit dave from you and ya son. lol he reminds me of me being young ass hell, playing soul cal in arcades lol
Carry on the maxi legacy!

Thanx guys. His first video game he ever played was sc2. he was about 4 years old or so. and it has been all maxi from day 1. ever since he was old enough to tell the difference between red, blue etc he has been playing. He's 9 now and can be some pretty stiff competition for me at times. In the vid there were a few times that "i let him have it" but only a few times. I like to show off his gaming skills. I think he is some kind of prodigy but I think Im a little biased. I sincerly think there is not a kid his age that can keep with him.

all these comments have really boosted his confidence. Thanx guys it means a lot to both of us!!

HRD

this thread is collecting too much dust! it's always saddened me that there are so few maxi vids linked on the 8wr video section. the seattle crew finally recorded some of our matches, and there's a few with me playing maxi in there. the guys i'm playing against are guys who i play regularly; they know a lot of my normal tricks so i have to keep coming up with new stuff every so often. as a result, there is some fairly egregious looping in some of these vids. but maxi is way more fun like that anyway.

hope you guys enjoy the vids!

http://www.8wayrun.com/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=988
http://www.8wayrun.com/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=989
http://www.8wayrun.com/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=990
http://www.8wayrun.com/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=991

so far i seen a couple im at work so ill have to watch the rest later but they look good. you and tactu. more stuff for me to watch.

im not sure about 6B+K everyone seems to use it but im really not a fan of it. i use it in some combos and sometimes as tech trap but i just dont enjoy the feel of the move. i can see some places where i would use it in your vids but other times i think that other moves would have been more efficent.

ill put proper comments up later but i do like what i see (GIing for CF, JI a GI throw attempt lol cool and soem nice loops in the first vid)

Watching the videos as i write. Im a bit suprised they dont punish your a,a and 6A more with pokes or tech crouch moves. Im interested to hear your thoughts about those moves? Personally i've almost given up on those moves. A,a is almost useless, the transition to stance moves is to slow, one a or two then cancel for mind game purposes, thats all its good for in my Maxi book :). 6A is another move I feel you can almost abandon except when you know it hits on counter, then a,a,k is guaranteed. ANYTHING after 6A is interruptable or punishable with a while rising move since the only fast move after 6A is another A but that one is easy to duck.

I prefer 66 B+K or 66 A to cover distance. They are both quite safe. Ofcouse all moves have counter strategies. 66 B+K can be sidestepped. The second hit in 66 A can be ducked. But few do, noone yet actually, even if they know they can. Probably beacuse the second high hit comes real quick.
I want to remind you about 1,1 b or 7,7 b (if your on the left side) . Its an excellent move in long range bouts like in the fourth video at 7:00 mins.

It's the best long range punisher Maxi has, it has longer range then most other characters vertical moves.

Good points:

Tech crouches highs, strong pushback on block. If used wisely it's entirely safe.

Bad:

Vertical, use wisely. But if it misses from maximum range or close to it, most character won't have enough time to cover the distance and punish.

Maxi is completly capable of controlling a long range situation with that move. You can execute a pretty good punish game if they start trying to come towards you (since their moves dont cover the distance 1,1 b or 7,7 b does :) alot of your opponents will want to. ) catch their approach with 66 A. Or just block if your uncertain.

Awsome perfect there in the beginning of the third video. 1:40 totally awsome way to avoid his punish, I have'nt thought of that before thanks!

Back