[MD, VA, WV] sure is dead here

My bad for not showing, Hudathan, some last minute shit came up. Hopefully, next week will be a green light for me.

Hey folks! I just moved up to NOVA from SOVA, Fairfax to be more specific. I'd love to get in on the scene in either area and meet some offline competition or local-based online competition.

I have it on PS3 and my ID is f8tlexception, e-mail is f8tlexception@hotmail.com, feel free to send me messages or friend me up.

I hope someone will be hosting frequent gatherings around here, I'm not tournament level but I like learning from people better than me.

Hudathan, there's still a tourney going down on Weds, correct? From the lack of tourney results for last week, I figured there probably wasn't one. My bad again.

If there is a tourney, I'll post it up in the tourney forums, so it gets more exposure.

f8tlexception, we hold tourneys at the UMBC Campus every Wednesday at 8pm. You should stop by if you can,and meet some of the MD peeps. Or, if you want to play strictly VA people, since they're closer, there's a NOVA thread you can check out. Some Fairfax people have posted there, if I recall correctly.

There will be a weekly tournament this Wednesday yes, go ahead and post up. Last Wednesday was a slow night partly due to the weather I'm sure. Got some good casuals in.

UMBC Weekly Tourney (10/8)

Be sure to RSVP and post up if you're coming.

Also got a thread at CF: http://caliburforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35124

By the way, Hudathan, do those TVs at the game room have extra AV cable outlets? If they do, I might be able to bring a camera and record some matches. It probably will only be the last couple (maybe last 10 or so) of matches as opposed to the whole tourney. I don't have a big enough memory card or a long enough battery life.

I'm pretty sure they do even though I have no idea what you need for a camera to work, but it would be pretty cool if you can bring it. We'll make it work somehow since many of the matches are pretty decent.

EDIT: Nevermind! We're good for Wednesday!

As for the camera, I don't need anything except for the tvs to have an extra set of av cable ports/outlets. I'll bring it along with me.

Originally posted by hwang24
If anyone knows how to get to the University of Maryland, on Friday nights, the recreational center there has a PS3 and an XBOX360. Anyone can bring any games they choose from 8pm to 1am to play. I was hoping to have a gathering there as well. If this seems possible for anyone, let me know either on this thread or you can just pm me.
This is hwang's post from CF.com. I'm putting it up here and bumping it to get more support for it. It would be good to have a casual game night in addition to the UMBC weekly. Note that the University of Maryland hwang mentions is the College Park campus, i.e. UMCP.

Beta go ahead and post up the next weekly.

Steve Harrison wanted me to spread the word: He's thinking about opening up his store before or after the UMBC tourney for people who want to get more casuals in or for tournament entrants if the tournament wasn't finished by midnight. All that is required is a small donation, and he will open the store for the entire night.

Let me or him know what you think.

Spread the news to the MD sections of other forums like CF, SRK, TZ, DL, etc; It's not just for SC4.

Also:

http://www.8wayrun.com/f2/umbc-weekly-tournament-t1006/

Yeah GG's Tiamat. I'm sure you liked all those JF throw escapes on asta lol. Nice to finally play that nightmare I've heard so much about. Fienchi's voldo seems to get better every time we play, we should do this again soon. I'm hoping my current plans dont interfere with c3 cause I've been meaning to go for a while, right now I'm 50/50.

lol Jinmaster posted a thread for C3 today without noticing mine. looks like chacha is going

Too bad I have work AND school on Saturday. My day isn't over til 8:30pm. Fuuuuuuuck.

Plus, it's my bday on friday, so I might go partying right after my 7 hour CG class.

But good luck to whoever's going!

Back