Mina vids?

Khent, I've noticed that you don't really use 22_88A all that often. It's HH, yeah, but it's safe and pretty fast, and I find that it covers step better than most of her other options. It also has a chance of ringing out if you land it near the edge, but that usually doesn't happen all that often.

Just something I noticed.

Huh, maybe you just don't use it in the vids i've seen.

And why do you say it's a great setup for auto impacts? The fact that it's -10?

Sorry, I'm only starting to get aGI's into my games (for both Cassy and Mina), so I've got some learning to do.

Some vids from the latest Sydney casuals session:

Luco (Talim) vs LG (Mina)

Part 1
Part 2

Bailey (Sieg) vs Luco (Mina)

Part 1

Some more matches"

Ljkabookie (Mina) vs LG (Mina)

Part 1
Part 2

Ljkabookie (Vader) vs LG (Mina)

Part 1
Part 2

Tough match-up. The only advice I can think of is to B throw more often to break the B charges, cause you got rung-out too many times.

I like the way Luco was using 44/66A+B as a whiff punisher. I can never get the range on those moves. :/

And good job whoring the B+G -> pogo tech trap vs Vader. That stuff is so good against big characters. <3. In fact, good work altogether against Vader (from what I've watched.). Ljkabookie isn't as aggressive as the Vader I'm used to playing, but it's still a fun match-up for Mina.

Yeah, the 44A+B forcing (wtf!) and punishing whiff was pretty neat.

As far as the few minutes of the Ljkabookie Mina vid I saw goes, he needs to block more. Mina's at a severe disadvantage after pretty much everything she has is blocked, stop trying to attack all the time. >_> You also tend to eat a lot of lows.

Oh, and 6AK is the most damage she can get off of 6K. A+B doesn't work after 6K.

Yeah, the 44A+B forcing (wtf!) and punishing whiff was pretty neat.

As far as the few minutes of the Ljkabookie Mina vid I saw goes, he needs to block more. Mina's at a severe disadvantage after pretty much everything she has is blocked, stop trying to attack all the time. >_> You also tend to eat a lot of lows.

Oh, and 6AK is the most damage she can get off of 6K. A+B doesn't work after 6K.

After 6K (NH) I use 33KB 2K. 60+ damage.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll pass those onto Luco.

We didn't get this on tape, but I also played some matches against Ljkabookie's Hilde. We ended up splitting the games 50/50 and I learned a couple of things:

1. Throws are very powerful. Both Mina's B+G and 1A+B RO and B+G and even if you don't ring them out, breaking your throw forces them to drop charge B, which is Hilde's big gun.

2. Do not throw out 66A+B or 44A+B without massive advantage. Hilde can and will step these on reaction. The only luck I had with them was after a KD or other advantage giving situation.

3. The 66K series is actually useful... it seems to be possible to hit confirm for CH and Hilde can't auto-GI it. The first two hits aren't really that bad, so she can't launch you for free. Just don't do the last hit, which is high, unless you're sure you've got CH.

4. Learn the difference in Hilde's charge ranges. Charge A's have far less range than charge B's. What you want to do is to situate yourself just outside charge A range. From there a lot of your moves will still hit, but only her charge B's will reach you and if you're stepping to your left the whole time, then they won't land unless you miss-time a step.

Yeah, 66K is great. The first two hits are -16 on hit, so nothing you want to abuse, but the little tech jump at the beginning has worked wonders when I've seen lows coming.

not guaranteed vs a SHITLOAD of characters. Works on Sophie like a charm, can't remember who else.

Best thing about 66K is CH damage :D

I face a shitload of Sophies online, so that would explain why I thought it was guarnteed lol. I usually use 6AK anyways, as the timing is iffy online for the other (and plus now it doesn't work for everyone heh).

Yeah, 66K is great. The first two hits are -16 on hit, so nothing you want to abuse, but the little tech jump at the beginning has worked wonders when I've seen lows coming.

Yes, it's not something that you want to abuse, but against Hilde, -16 is safe to everything but kicks unless they want to charge drop. It also seems to have some tracking, because I've caught people stepping with it before.

6K would be awesome if it would just push people out on block. As it is you drop down right in front of them.

So 6AK is the most followup dmg mina can get for a NC after 6K.

So what is the staple counter hit followup? (that will land against all characters)

EDIT: Sorry yeh I meant after 6K

Hmm no devilsaur it depends on what bs u are trying to punish

6B+K is the choice option for NC damage wise, but it's around 2 frames slower and it's high

I think he's talking about what to do after 6K. After CH 6K, A+B should work. However if your timing is off, for instance you didn't register that it was CH until too late, then 6AK will still work if you let them fall far enough.

OHH lol, i totally misread that shit :)

on CH both 8A+B and A+B are good options.

I like to try a 1BA from time to time.

Back