Missing character discussion

I don't get it. Why do people hate Yun so much?
1) There's nothing to like about him besides the fact that he has some of the most amusing endings in SC. Ex, his good ending in SCIII and his ending in SCIV.
2) His personality is just... grating. Ex. 'Geezers and kiddies should just stay home.' 'Damn, I'm just way too good! Huh?'
(>P_P) Perhaps that's why I was personally never fond of Cassandra and this guy.

*His most redeeming qualities is that he's a strong patriot who cares for his country and he's a really good friend. And he's not a bad guy. But other then that, it's hard to like him. But his fighting style was kind of fun. Kind of...

So the guy was a little cocky. That was an essential part of his character: a flashy, over-confident, brash, patriotic Korean guy who liked to dazzle you with a lot of kicks. Yun-seong was like the SC equivalent to Hwoarang, another character that I used to be a big fan of back in the day.

As a character he filled a particular niche that SC didn't quite have, had an underappreciated fighting style and IMO gameplay wise he was fun despite his flaws.

And I know a lot of people like to compare the two, but I'll go ahead and be that guy and say Yun > Hwang, simply because Yun was his own character since his debut and was constantly being fleshed out in every game he appeared in whilst Hwang was pretty dull and didn't even really have his own moveset until SC3.

Someone correct me if wrong.

To each his own like I always say. But I personally just hate his cocky personality so lol, no offense my friend. The only thing I like about him is his sense of patriotism, which I find to be admirable. Other then that, I dislike him. But not as much as I hate Patroklos (the shield one).

who gives a fuck bout the personality ? seriously its the fighting style that counts and his style was damn funny

who gives a fuck bout the personality ? seriously its the fighting style that counts and his style was damn funny
People are allowed their opinions and a persons personality can mean a fair bit in first impressions. Take this upcoming Devil May Cry reboot for example. I own the other 4 titles of the DMC series and with the exception of DMC 2 (which was shit in mine and most people's opinions) I highly enjoyed them. However this reboot the main character Dante has been changed from a badass Demon Hunter who kicks ass, eats pizza and taunts every enemy to this new American, teenage, smoking, tortured, wtf looking guy who acts like some teenage American kid who looks like he has serious issues and even though the gameplay looks good I might not even get it because the main character's personality seems very irritating and I do not like how they have totally changed him into some American teenager to sell to the main demographic or whatever you want to call it.

Anyway my point there is personality matters to some people because since they changed the main character to a total doosh I might not get it being the first DMC game I don't have. The reason I might consider it is even in this reboot Vergil still seems badass. But the point is they can lose sales because people don't like the main character's personality and everyone has different opinions and are entitled to have them.

Wow that was alot longer than I anticipated I hope it makes sense...

What's funny is the character isn't some emo guy sitting in a corner cutting himself, it's just not as tacky as before. I feel like the DmC crowd is one that finds reasons to whine easily. When 4 came out people cried it wasn't Dante despite nero being basically an over-lay of the same damn character. Even worse Dante's "taunting every opponent" and joking nature was focused on even more to appease the fans due to his lower screen time and they weren't satisfied.
What I'm getting at is videos have shown several occasions where he's "joking" and a cocky badass, people are just crying he looks different. Oh, and because there's actual regular day to day people he regards the world with caution, so he clearly isn't cool anymore.

Hey I don't mind Nero and this new Dante might be ok I just don't like how they are "westernising" most Japanese games nowdays with this new DMC looking like it's based for America rather than Japan. My main issue with this new Dante is his smoking take that out he improves 5-fold. Plus Vergil even in this alternate reality still looks badass so that is a good point in my book. Personal opinion they should have expanded on Nero's storyline with an explanation of how he got his devil bringer arm, confirm he is or isn't Vergil's son (I think he is) and possibly have Yamato taking him over or something like that.

I am open to this new game it's just not the direction I want it to take and I would like them to present this new Dante a little better he could at least dress nicer (maybe he could take some tips from his brother in that department).

Yeah, sorry the tone I posted in mate. I've just been reading a whole bunch of random shit about people bitching about the game for the worst reasons. Over reacted when I saw it here.

The smoki
ng actually doesn't come as a surprise if you look at the character, which is what I'm begging people to do since I heard about the game. This Dante doesn't know his purpose in the slightest. not in the way of DMC1, where as he isn't using his full potential and grows into it and his humanity through the plotline. not the DMC3 lack of purpose, where he's trying to establish a life that's "regular" but takes his talents into account.

This Dante has no clue what to do. From the look of it he's 18-ish. That's around my age. All this super natural shit has costed him everything. He's an orphan; lost his entire family, is targeted by "demons", has had to scrape by on his own(one scene has shown him living in a trailer). Seems he's trying to dip away from his ties to it(explaining why he's blatantly insulted when Vergil wants his help). His powers mean he probably is regenerative to some degree. It isn't too far a stretch to think he's pissed off at the world and picks up smoking to deal with the stress since it doesn't really have a lasting negative effect.

All that outta the way, yeah I would've liked some expansion on nero's character. Would've liked to see what happened to Vergil(his death was never REALLY shown (nelo-angelo might've been released from his torment after their final battle). I agree with all the Vergil theory around him, but them following it up would be nice. What people need to take into account is either way we might be getting what we want. If the game blows up and does well despite the bias capcom sees it, goes "oh ok we can get some more cash out of this" and they might make another "classic" DMC. If it goes poorly they might think "well lets give them what they want since they're clearly starving for it". Being as everyone is targeting ninja theory with the hate, capcom gets off scotch free and can make the best of it either way. Americanzation isn't just in games, it's happening slowly to a lot of their culture. Just like Amurruhkah takes on Japanese culture with a lot of their character portrayals.

P.S: I like how the new Vergil looks as well.

Yeah, sorry the tone I posted in mate. I've just been reading a whole bunch of random shit about people bitching about the game for the worst reasons. Over reacted when I saw it here.

The smoki
ng actually doesn't come as a surprise if you look at the character, which is what I'm begging people to do since I heard about the game. This Dante doesn't know his purpose in the slightest. not in the way of DMC1, where as he isn't using his full potential and grows into it and his humanity through the plotline. not the DMC3 lack of purpose, where he's trying to establish a life that's "regular" but takes his talents into account.

This Dante has no clue what to do. From the look of it he's 18-ish. That's around my age. All this super natural shit has costed him everything. He's an orphan; lost his entire family, is targeted by "demons", has had to scrape by on his own(one scene has shown him living in a trailer). Seems he's trying to dip away from his ties to it(explaining why he's blatantly insulted when Vergil wants his help). His powers mean he probably is regenerative to some degree. It isn't too far a stretch to think he's pissed off at the world and picks up smoking to deal with the stress.

All that outta the way, yeah I would've liked some expansion on nero's character. Would've liked to see what happened to Vergil(his death was never REALLY shown (nelo-angelo might've been released from his torment after their final battle). I agree with all the Vergil theory around him, but them following it up would be nice. What people need to take into account is either way we might be getting what we want. If the game blows up and does well despite the bias capcom sees it, goes "oh ok we can get some more cash out of this" and they might make another "classic" DMC. If it goes poorly they might think "well lets give them what they want since they're clearly starving for it". Being as everyone is targeting ninja theory with the hate, capcom gets off scotch free and can make the best of it either way. Americanzation isn't just in games, it's happening slowly to a lot of their culture. Just like Amurruhkah takes on Japanese culture with a lot of their character portrayals.

P.S: I like how the new Vergil looks as well.
Yea all good. I am perfectly willing to give the game a chance it's just not the direction I would like it to take as long as it's well executed I am fine with it. Same with SC5 but it succeeded in some areas but dropped the ball in others I believe which disappointed me a little. Good thing about DMC 5 is the gameplay looks good but I would need to play it to give a better opinion lol.

if its really bout the personalities then character like pyrrha cassandra sophitia leixa etc. are damn horrible and shouldnt return. They are worse than yun

What's funny is the character isn't some emo guy sitting in a corner cutting himself, it's just not as tacky as before. I feel like the DmC crowd is one that finds reasons to whine easily. When 4 came out people cried it wasn't Dante despite nero being basically an over-lay of the same damn character. Even worse Dante's "taunting every opponent" and joking nature was focused on even more to appease the fans due to his lower screen time and they weren't satisfied.
What I'm getting at is videos have shown several occasions where he's "joking" and a cocky badass, people are just crying he looks different. Oh, and because there's actual regular day to day people he regards the world with caution, so he clearly isn't cool anymore.
Thew new Dante isnt even that bad. Nothing wrong with him but maybe the hairstyle. I don't see his entir character ruined necessarily. Everyone merely wants to play open season on Ninja Theory for claiming DMC NEEDS a rebootwh capcom tells them what to do. Though I actually LIKE the new virgil design over the old one. Though it looks resident-evlish it looks a lot more formal then DMC3 virgil.

I miss Yun-Seong. Dude was cocky and annoying at times but he was just as fun to play as than any character from the Soul Series. He shouldn't have been removed from the series (or his style at least) along with Talim and Zas. As for the other characters, yeah I miss them too but here's hoping we see them again, am I right or am I right?

Back