Modding SoulCalibur 2

alright, I have all of the above other then the FTPing and Greed Xplorer
can you post a download for it? I cannot find it anywhere online >_<

Hello, OOFMATIC, I am new here to this forum. My name is teentekken. I would also like to learn how to mod Soul Calibur 2 for the X-Box, and also mod kharacter from the game. Will you please teach me how, because I would like to learn how to mod Soul Calibur 2 for the X-Box. What tools did you use to mod Soul Calibur 2?

oy oof or whoever could tell me how I change the moveset and that file are the porfaor rooe.olk moveset is urgent

Sorry for digging up an old post, but this thread is what I found when I was searching for the topic.

Earlier in the thread, instructions were given quite clearly for how to extract and change out the music from Soul Calibur 2 (xbox version.) I followed it and I have the music extracted and can put new music in, but I don't know where to find the data on how the music repeats.
There is but a single sound file for each track, so I would imagine that there is data that tells the game at exactly what time index to loop the music at, but once I had extracted the file, there was no marker in the file itself. (Which I have seen in other games, like Metal Gear Solid.)
So, either (A) there is an extra file somewhere that contains the data for when a track loop starts, and I need extract and edit this, or (B) the conversion program I used removed the marker data from the track. If it's B, I'd appreciate some suggestions as to what program would not remove that data, but at the very least knowing for certain if that's the issue would be most helpful.

those interested in the mod soul calibur 2 here are a pack of tools to create your own mod Soul Calibur 2, some change dds pictures and others are textures already in the game, if in doubt was the answer, community, occupy know one thing before, as moveset of the characters are removed, and where in the root.olk are stored is urgent please if anyone knows let me know

also it is like changing the music play
unh I'll do them when I have time tutorial to see how it works,
if you want we can share ideas and how to create a mod soul calibur 2
if I want to leave my bgm.afs com my music

chrome://mega/content/secure.html#fm/exIA3AhB

Sorry for digging up an old post, but this thread is what I found when I was searching for the topic.

Earlier in the thread, instructions were given quite clearly for how to extract and change out the music from Soul Calibur 2 (xbox version.) I followed it and I have the music extracted and can put new music in, but I don't know where to find the data on how the music repeats.
There is but a single sound file for each track, so I would imagine that there is data that tells the game at exactly what time index to loop the music at, but once I had extracted the file, there was no marker in the file itself. (Which I have seen in other games, like Metal Gear Solid.)
So, either (A) there is an extra file somewhere that contains the data for when a track loop starts, and I need extract and edit this, or (B) the conversion program I used removed the marker data from the track. If it's B, I'd appreciate some suggestions as to what program would not remove that data, but at the very least knowing for certain if that's the issue would be most helpful.

also it is like changing the music play
unh I'll do them when I have time tutorial to see how it works,
if you want we can share ideas and how to create a mod soul calibur 2
if I want to leave my bgm.afs com my music

Is it possible to mod SC2 Game Cube version?
I want to change the images slightly for attracting more people to play dolphin SC2 in PC. I don't want to overdo it.

There are few things I want to do:
1) To change the name tag of Berserker to Rock.
2) To change the name tag of Assassin to Hwang.
3) The audio file of SC3 Hwang's name replaces the audio file of Berserker's name.
4) The audio file of SC3 Rock's name replaces the audio file of Assassin's name.
5) Align the eye position of Mina to correct Mina's vision. (personal favor)

Let me know if there are some tools and apps for this. Thank you.

Thanks, Ian.
So how can I get the audio files from SC3?
How can I mod it and then pack it into ISO file format?

Yea, I have tried to change the texture in Dolphin. But there is no way to make a ISO file.
I see someone mod Gamecube smash brother. Can I use those same tools to mod SC2 Gamecube?

I'm looking forward to it. Can we replace Charade spot to Link? Or can we set Charade to select Link style only?
However, I know that the HD version has a weapon clash glitch that bugs me. So far, I think GameCube version is still he best which already has HD.

Well, for those who want to mod the gcn version of soul calibur 2, I did find a video that tells you how to do that. Here's the link:

I've got my Gamecube iso unpacked and root.olk opened for editing-- does anyone know where movesets are stored? Going to try and import Spawn and Heihachi's moves into the Gamecube version.
Nice, Ian. How do you do it? Could you teach me how to do? I'm interested to mod it into a SC2 tourney version with extra stage and stuff.

Thanks, Ian. Now I opened the root.olk
I'm going to swap some file to see what happen. Which file are you sure to mean somethings?

Last edited:
How can you make Dolphin read and run the edited ISO files?
The edited ISO file is in blue color. Is it normal?

Edited: O.... You save it as the trimmed one? It seems work now.

Last edited:
Stage locations:

In File4.olk,

File 21 = Eurydice Shrine Gallery (Greek Stage)
File 35 = Village of the Wind
File 49 = Palgaea Shrine - Lowest Level (Astaroth Stage)
File 63 = Ostrheinsburg Chapel
File 77 = Kaminoi Castle - Sakura - Dai Gate
File 91 = Egyptian Ruins
File 105 = Imperial Capital Ayutthaya
File 119 = South France Mansion - Library
File 133 = Pirate's Alcove
File 147 = Xiwei Siege Ruins (China Gate)

File 161 = Tartaros - Inferno stage
File 175 = Hwangseo Palace - Phoenix Court (Day)
File 182 = Hwangseo Palace - Phoenix Court (Night)
File 195 = Lakeside Coliseum
File 202 = Lakeside Coliseum (Cage)
File 215 = Money Pit - Top Tier (Large)
File 222 = Money Pit - Top Tier (Medium)
File 229 = Money Pit - Top Tier (small)
File 236 = Money Pit - Top Tier (Cage)
File 247 = Egyptian Crypt with Crane and Fish Statues (Large Square, 4 entries)?
File 254 = Egyptian Crypt with 2 Soul Edge Eyes Statues (Rectangle, 2 entries)
File 261 = Egyptian Crypt with Crane and Fish Statues (Large Square, 3 entries)
File 268 = Egyptian Crypt with Cat Statue (Triangle, 2 entries)
File 275 = Egyptian Crypt with wall Art (Polygons, 1 entry)
File 282 = Egyptian Crypt Blue With Stone Gate (Polygons, 1 entry)
File 289 = Egyptian Crypt - Ice Stage
File 296 = Egyptian Crypt - Sand Stage
File 303 = Egyptian Crypt - Lava Stage
File 310 = Egyptian Crypt - Lava Stage (Cage)
File 317 = Egyptian Crypt with Crane and Fish Statue (Large Square, 4 entries)?
File 329 = Labyrinth (Large Square, 4 entries)
File 336 = Labyrinth - Rectangle
File 343 = Labyrinth (Large Square, 3 entries)
File 350 = Labyrinth (Large Square, 2 entries)
File 357 = Labyrinth (Large Square, 1 entry)
File 364 = Labyrinth (Large Square, Blue Grand, 1 entry)
File 371 = Labyrinth (One Line)
File 378 = Labyrinth - Triangle
File 385 = Labyrinth - Small Square
File 399 = Egyptian Crypt with Crane and Fish Statue (Large Square, 4 entries)?

File 1, 8 & 392 is unknown. Do you know what they are? They look like some empty stages.

I think the first small file following the Stage file is for Opening Camera View Control such as File 22.
The second small file following the Stage file is unknown still. Do you know that?

Last edited:
I think we can make some empty files and swap them into the games. When the game run error on a part, which is represent the mode and area you are looking for. Do you think it will work?

I found each characters' file location roughly by using this method.
In File5.olk

55 Mitsurugi #1 costume
94 Mina #1 costume
133 Taki #1 costume
172 Maxi #1 costume
203 Voldo #1 costume
250 Sophitia #1 costume
289 Ivy #1 costume
328 Kilik #1 costume
367 Xianghua #1 costume
406 Yoshimitsu #1 costume
445 Nightmare #1 costume
484 Astaroth #1 costume
523 Cervantes #1 costume
562 Raphael #1 costume
601 Talim #1 costume
640 Cassandra #1 costume
671 Necrid #1 costume
718 Yunsung #1 costume
749 Inferno costume
788 Charade #1 costume
827 Lizardman #1 costume
866 Assassin #1 costume
905 Berserker #1 costume
944 Link #1 costume

I think the file structure is well organized and sorted by character that you can guess easily which files belong to which characters.

Last edited:
If you have any new discovery, let me know. Thanks, Ian.

Mitsurugi's file structure so far.
In File5.olk
47 costume #1 (extra identical file)
48 costume #2 (extra identical file)
49 costume #3 (extra identical file)

55 costume #1 (main)
56 costume #2 (main)
57 costume #3 (main)

63 Weapon 1P
64 Weapon 2P
65 Weapon a
66 Weapon b
67 Weapon c
68 Weapon d
69 Weapon e
70 Weapon f
71 Weapon g
72 Weapon h
73 Weapon i
74 Weapon j
75 Moveset
76 Exhibition Motion
77?
78?
79?
80?
81 Voice
82 Voice
83 Voice

Last edited:
Ian, what apps and tools do you use to extract and read PS2 and Xbox ISO? How do you get Spawn and Heihachi moveset?

Mina has the same file structure of Mitsu.

Mina's file structure:
86 costume #1 (extra identical file)
87 costume #2 (extra identical file)
88 costume #3 (extra identical file)

94 costume #1 (main)
95 costume #2 (main)
96 costume #3 (main)

102 Weapon 1P
103 Weapon 2P
104 Weapon a
105 Weapon b
106 Weapon c