Nationals: What Went Right/Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahlsim, I think you are missing the point. I don't care abou DJ's, lighting or dancers. I haven't complained about that. The $4K that should have been in the pot is completely seperate from that; none of that money should have been spent on any expenditures beyond plane tickets. If any of the pot money was spent on this; then that IS theft; no one may have pocketted any money, but money was still stolen from the pot. As I said before, I believe that the money was spent aleviated mismanaged spending; not pocketted by any person directly.

None of the Soulcalibur money should have been spent on paying for the event. There were more events at Supercon than Soulcaibur, not to mention there was a venue fee; and I even heard that NVGA got the venue for FREE. This is what I fear; I believe that instead of the Supercon venue being used to run the SC4 Nationals, I am worried that SC4 Nationals pot was used to run Supercon.

Yo please tell me these were not those dancers everyone was talking about lololololololol
Just the one in the middle. (They also kept bringing her out to promote the Otaku Pervert Room.) I don't think the other one that ended up on stage is pictured.

Dahlsim, I think you are missing the point. I don't care abou DJ's, lighting or dancers. I haven't complained about that. The $4K that should have been in the pot is completely seperate from that; none of that money should have been spent on any expenditures beyond plane tickets. If any of the pot money was spent on this; then that IS theft; no one may have pocketted any money, but money was still stolen from the pot. As I said before, I believe that the money was spent aleviated mismanaged spending; not pocketted by any person directly.

Jaxel,

I believe I'm responding right on the point actually.

Now in my view the real outstanding issue is what was promised for the tournament vs. what was delivered. It's really that simple. The answer though is not so simple since most the planning took place in phone calls and over many email threads.

The discussion about the money invested into the event, DJ's, dancers, pro lighting etc. etc. was in response to some other posts regarding the possibility of anyone "pocketing" money. Simply incorrect.

You're essentially asserting a different understanding of what the prize was supposed to be for the SC Nats than what we at NVGA understood. We never heard anything about a $4000 prize. In fact we invested more money in the event so we could be sure the prize which was awarded could be paid without any issues. A $2000 prize is a good one in my experience, so the only question at all would be if some expected more, and why.

Because of respect for the fact and you and 8WayRun partnered with us on this event I'm personally raising it as an issue for NVGA to investigate, perhaps beyond the point that some even think I should. I just like to go an extra mile when I have a partner and any issue is raised.

A $2000 prize is a good one in my experience, so the only question at all would be if some expected more, and why.

Because all of the money from all regionals was supposed to go to plane tickets and the pot, as promised. Did this happen? If not, why? How much total was obtained from the regionals? How much total did the plane tickets costs?

Thanks,
CNP

Because all of the money from all regionals was supposed to go to plane tickets and the pot, as promised. Did this happen? If not, why? How much total was obtained from the regionals? How much total did the plane tickets costs?

Thanks,
CNP

Doesn't seem to be an answerable question. 4th time this sticking point has been brought up.

CNP, I answered PART of your questions... I can give you a calculation of the money earned from each regional event. This calculation is the MINIMUM of what came from each event, events could have made more (for instance IceColdEdge said in his event thread that he would cover the $400 for his event; but I don't know if he ever did, so I listed his event at $225). I can NOT give you a calculation of the cost of the plane tickets because no financials have been given to us, even though they were promised to us back in February.

Code:
Toronto Ontario January 2009 Regional 		19 people - $10 - $190
New Jersey January 2009 Regional 		46 people - $20 - $920
Madison Wisconsin February 2009 Regional 	24 people - $20 - $480
Northern California February 2009 Regional 	34 people - $20 - $680
Southern California February 2009 Regional 	22 people - $20 - $440
Massachusets February 2009 Regional 		27 people - $20 - $520
North Carolina February 2009 Regional 		10 people - $20 - $200
Mexico March 2009 Regional 			12 people - $10 - $120
Oklahoma March 2009 Regional 			15 people - $20 - $300
Denver Colorado March 2009 Regional 		21 people - $20 - $420
Atlanta Georgia April 2009 Regional 		16 people - $20 - $320
Houston Texas April 2009 Regional 		32 people - $5? - $160
Dominican Republic May 2009 Regional 		26 people - $10 - $260
Chicago Illinois May 2009 Regional 		16 people - $20 - $320
Dallas Texas May 2009 Regional 			45 people - $5? - $225

$5,555 + $1,000 (nvga) + $500 (onsite) - $3,000? (tickets) = $4,055 for the pot?

Doesn't seem to be an answerable question. 4th time this sticking point has been brought up.

I was just responding to Dahlsim, and I thought I'd put it in as easy and simple a way as possible because he doesn't seem to get it. .......But he probably does, and he will just eventually stop posting and we'll never know what really happened.

Oh well. Like Nori said, it aint my money. And I don't think I'll have to worry about the NVGA mismanaging my winnings when I'm placing at Nats next year. :)

Jaxel: Yeah, thanks for those #'s. I knew there was a large discrepancy, but I was too lazy to do the math. It'd still be nice to have the real numbers, though.

We have been robbed.

I propose a motion that everyone related to NVGA have their names changed on this website to Marneto.

Scruffy_Futurama.jpg

At least give us the numbers for the plane tickets, fuck.

Dahlsim,

Since it is clear that your organization is not willing to place up for the public to veiw, the expensives of this event. How can we trust the words that you are say where this money went too? Right now, from the calculations that Jaxel has provided (estimates of course) there is a lot of question on where that money is. And since it is clear that yourself and DFG will not place into the public veiw on where all these expensives came from, I would have to say that right now, your whole organization is looking pretty bad here.
Since I am not sure who came up with these rules, I plan to post Jaxel's PDF here on the forum right now:

Soul Calibur National Regional Protocols:
Below is the requirements that ALL regional directors must follow for there regional event. This document will highlight pricing, bracket creation, money from regional, rule set and other misc items for your regional.
Details on Regional:
• All details on regional i.e. other games, pricing for other games, location, etc need to be
Pricing for Regional:
• Regionals are required to charge a $20 entry free.
• Regionals are allowed to charge up to a $10 venue fee for the event
Bracket Creation:
• Every regional will be using the NVGA Tournament Software / TIO software for there event. The tournament software can be download here: http://www.allisbrawl.com/tio
• All brackets MUST BE RANDOMLY MADE. No seeding of any kind is allowed.
• Brackets will be moderated by regional director and staff.
• Bracket must be sent to Gregory Richardson at info@coloradocutthroat.com 24 hours after the regional event. If the bracket file is sent too me within that time frame YOU WILL BE INVESTIGATED WITH THE CHANCE OF DISQUALIFYING YOUR REGIONAL.
Money made from regional:
• All $20 entry fees that were collected for the regional event need to be paypal to: Colorado_cutthroat_connection@yahoo.com 48 hours after regional event. The amount of money should equal the total number of participants in the bracket. This will be verified by the bracket.
• If the money sent does not reflect the amount of participants from the bracket and it is not sent within 48 hours, YOU WILL BE INVESTIGATED WITH THE CHANCE OF DISQUALIFYING YOUR REGIONAL.
• The first place winner of the regional will be entitled to a plane ticket to attend the national championship. Tickets will be brought by the NVGA and the remaining money will go towards the national pot.
• For nationals, all qualifiers will pay a venue fee BUT not pot fee for there soul calibur spot. All other contestants must pay the venue and the door.

Now that people can see this, let me ask you this, why is it that DFG did not receive the money from all the tournaments? Here in these rules, It clearly states that the orgainizers where to sent the bracket within 24 hours of the tournament, and then 48 hours after the tournament day, there should be the money sent to the paypal. Now if people did not follow this, why is it that these people who did not send it within the time frame not being questioned?

Next, part which is making me wonder what is going on is this, All extra money after plane ticket purcahses where to be in the National Pot. Now Since DFG has not placed the plane ticket purchase records for anyone to see, how can we be sure that the amount spent on any plane ticket is the real amount? Oh and if you say you cant because you dont have these records, then man, you need to investigate your own organization.

These are only 2 questions, and on top of it, they lead to one main question, where is the money that was suppose to be in the pot? If the math Jaxel did is right, there is a lot for NVGA to answer. Once again I have to ask, why do you all continue to not place into veiw the financial records for these people who are questioning what happened to the money into view? Everything you are posting has been Public Relations Damage control.

DFG, I dont blame anyone for anything since i was not there, but can you please just give this information so that this event can be buried? Or will this continue to be brought up time and time again. IF you want to end this BS, just post these records.

Oh one more thing, If I put any money into this, reguardless if i won or not, I would want to know what happened to it. People here on 8wayrun, If you put money into this, then you all should be asking these questions. There is no reason why you should not, it was your money that is in question here. I have nothing to gain by this, I just dont like seeing people lose something because of others mistakes.

http://www.bbb.org/

I would suggest that Jaxel make a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and have them investigate. It's pretty obvious that the communities attempts at a resolution is being ignored.

I was just responding to Dahlsim, and I thought I'd put it in as easy and simple a way as possible because he doesn't seem to get it.
Yeah, I was just pointing out the topic's been blown off for a while already. "Read DFG's letter" isn't an answer when it doesn't address the question. (Not to mention what the sponsors were supposed to have contributed. We have no idea what was spent on what.)

Jaxel,

You're essentially asserting a different understanding of what the prize was supposed to be for the SC Nats than what we at NVGA understood. We never heard anything about a $4000 prize. In fact we invested more money in the event so we could be sure the prize which was awarded could be paid without any issues. A $2000 prize is a good one in my experience, so the only question at all would be if some expected more, and why.

what???? The money that was made from regionals was supposed to be for the plane tickets and national pot ONLY. NONE of it was supposed to go and fund the supercon in any other way. You SEE the chart that Jaxel made which is the MINIMUM that was made from regionals meaning there was most likely more and there is around 2,000 dollars missing. WHERE did it go? Hmm? Even IF the plane tickets cost a few hundred extra for a few players coming in late, that doesn't account for all of it.

Btw, i'm the one that won it and I havent got my check yet which was supposed to be mailed about 2 weeks ago. AND the 2nd place person, Kura, had a check that was made out at the supercon so he didn't have to mail an american check to korea and the check bounced.

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Thugish_pond, I told you I will look into why you have not recieved your check and lastly please don't lie about Kura from Korea having a bounce check.

Kura recieved direct cash from me before I took him to the bus station. Thank you!!

Again, stop listening to things that people are telling you that are false and complete untrue. Trust we put out the money to have a $2000 pot for nationals. Also, just to let you know the diagram that Jaxel has posted has inaccurate data with way off estimate so don't use that as you bases. Thank you!!

Again, stop listening to things that people are telling you that are false and complete untrue. Trust we put out the money to have a $2000 pot for nationals.

Show some receipts or you're telling people things that are false and completely untrue. That's what people are asking for if you want the short version.

Also, just to let you know the diagram that Jaxel has posted has inaccurate data with way off estimate so don't use that as you bases. Thank you!!

Post the accurate data then. What do you have for your numbers that differ from Jaxel's?

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Thugish_pond, I told you I will look into why you have not recieved your check and lastly please don't lie about Kura from Korea having a bounce check.

Kura recieved direct cash from me before I took him to the bus station. Thank you!!

Again, stop listening to things that people are telling you that are false and complete untrue. Trust we put out the money to have a $2000 pot for nationals. Also, just to let you know the diagram that Jaxel has posted has inaccurate data with way off estimate so don't use that as you bases. Thank you!!

Oh ok, I didn't know that you gave him direct cash right before he went out. But the bounced check that you made out to Esom so he could give to Kura didn't happen and Esom straight up lied about it?

But how are the amounts off? If you explain that thoroughly and how it ends up being around 2,000 left for the pot then these people can get off your back about it.

LIke i said in the last 4 posts of mine. NVGA and DFG need to start posting the records for this tournament. DFG, You can say jaxels number are off because guess what, he said that he does not have the real numbers from all the Regional tournaments so he estimated those numbers. But the problem I think you are failing to see is that even with estimated numbers, there are issues with where the money went too. The amounts, even with the hypothetical numbers he has, the total still is higher, which means that the national pot should have been more then $2000. If those rules that I posted in my last post are the real rules for Nationals, then DFG, you have a lot to answer for. Since you are not willing to show any of the recepts for this event, people will keep questioning you. Why not just post these so this can be done with?

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Thugish, I don't know what Esom told you but there is no way that he could of cash the check because none of the money from nationals was not in the account until Tuesday. Maybe Esom tried to cash the check on Monday. Even if he tried to cash the check on Monday all deposits to post until Tuesday.

Knit, who exactly are you? I'm assuming that you are Brain under a different alias. Knit, posting the numbers will not stop anything from anyone who hates. If you truly believe that me posting numbers will stop this thread or even allow people like Jaxel to take back accusation of DFG and the NVGA being a theif you really don't know your people to well. There are many people that are posting that have seen the numbers or could see the numbers if they asked me but posting the numbers will not stop the craziest in this thread. People are going to believe what they want to believe no matter what twisting and lying about stuff. We have seen this in the thread already. There is no benefit for the community to post numbers but believe the big heads of the community know the real.

I see everything and I don't fail to see anything because as being part of this community for some time now I know who and what I am dealing with. I'm no rookie KIT or whoever you are. I'm going to leave you with this as this will be the last time I post in this thread as this thread is counter-productive to the community at large. The amount of money for the plane tickets is MUCH higher than your boy Jaxel is estimating. That equivalents to A LOT less money in the pot for nationals thus having the NVGA handle the rest. We expected this and it's what it is. It's more important to show the greatest of the fighting scene then to worry about a loss in money from are side.

Now you can think that the NVGA or I stole money there is nothing that I can about that even if the numbers where posted. I've learned over the years that people are going to think what they want. People knowing as the source know what I am about so I have never had these type of discussion until now. You simply have to believe that all was done to come up with a decent pot to support SC4 Nationals. Nothing will come from posting the numbers but more drama and it won't because the numbers are wrong. Thank you!!

Wow DFG... Wow... I thought Ching was shoveling it... But... Wow... Yes, you "don't fail to see anything" do you? You really understand this community, how it works, what it needs, and what it wants? If thats true, you should have seen this frackas coming from a mile away. You've made so many piss poor management decisions for the past half year, and you never saw the arguements that would start over them either. And yes, you've just confirmed everything that that ChaCha, the Extra Fresh League and I have been accusing you of during the course of this entire thread: that you make your decisions without any regard to what other people think. Everything is done your way, and you don't give a rats ass about other people's opinions... after all "people are going to think what they want".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back