Nationals: What Went Right/Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, $2k is nothing to sneeze at. There's no reason for us to let this pass until we get answers as to where that money went. But since DFG isn't going to answer those questions, I think it's time Jaxel took some legal action.

I agree. If all that had happened was frustrated players & viewers that's one thing. Then you can say 'yeah, it's water under the bridge. Let's forget about it'. But when we are talking about $2,000 that cannot be accounted for that's an entirely different story. People have been sued for less than that.

I for one would like NVGA show receipts for plane tickets, bring the money issue to a closure, and so the attention can be focused back on planning the next (inter)national championships. This is once again from a normal, average player who just wants this thing to end properly so we can all move on. Thanks.

The NVGA as an association does not have any receipts. As I stated earlier the role of the association was to support the event. We supported our chapter. As a sponsor of the event we contributed money towards the SC Nationals.

Since our role was to support the event as needed, we did not purchase tickets or collect regional pots at any central group so we do not have any receipts. We are now verifying for ourselves what the ticket costs were since a question has been raised and DFG is working with us to get numbers checked and verified. If we find a discrepancy we will respond to it. We meet every 2 weeks and each member has other responsibilities personal and business, hence the delay is no "run around".

This review we are conducting should have no effect in paying out the $2000 pot amount that has been agreed to already.

WOW Kit you gonna take that ish? lol

LOL KowTow, you know me. I do not care if he cannot spell my name. Right now, both NVGA and DFG are looking very shady. Not posting something that can clear you of accusations that others have brougt you on only means to the community that you are, in fact, guilty of something during this event. Do I know what he or NVGA is guilty of; of course I do not but that doesn't change the fact that right now the communinty as a whole lost $2,000 of the money they invested into this event. Every single person that placed their money into this pot, has in fact now been cheated and if the organization does not want to show the numbers to help the community to understand where all that money went then it is clear that they mismanaged the event completely and are doing almost anything possible to hide that fact.

The last couple of posts by DFG and Dahlsim are just showing that if they did in fact show the community anything about where the funds went, then they would have a lot people, not only from this site, but from others that would look at the NVGA, as an organization that does nothing but two-faces the people they are suppose to be working with.

This alone is what will hurt your organization, there Dahlsim. The worst part is that many people here play other games, which means right now, with all the people looking at this, the chance that this information being spread to other communities is a very high. If anything, You should be looking into the records that should have been kept for this event and help answer the questions that people are trying to find answers too. This way if DFG does not want to show that he is innocent, then at least you can show the community that NVGA is not an organization that runs its business in this light and will help the community in finding out what happened.

Lastly, DFG, I am not Brian. I am just someone that read everything in this thread and tried to help not only you and NVGA but the community as a whole. Why would someone like myself do something like this? I mean I do not play soulCal professional. I play, when i can, for fun.

What has happened in this thread is that some people asked you what happened with certain questions. You took offense to it and believed everyone thought this way. Yes at times Jaxel is a pain. I know for a fact he can be since I went to college with him and have been very annoyed by him plenty of times. But the fact here is that what jaxel did was voice, not only his opinions, but the people of the community that complained to him.

Your responses only show that you do not want to help the community into answering anything that they are asking you (mainly about the money). I know for a fact that if you do any transaction, online or offline, you get receipts for each one. Now if you did in fact buy tickets late then why not just show that to the people. OK, you messed up, but at very least you are in the clear as someone who did not do anything that people in this thread as saying you did.

Once again, I am neutral in this. You insulted me. I will not insult you because that is not my way of doing things. Just post the numbers, and prove your innocence. Stop this BS.

Again, $2k is nothing to sneeze at. There's no reason for us to let this pass until we get answers as to where that money went. But since DFG isn't going to answer those questions, I think it's time Jaxel took some legal action.

That's some straight up Keyboard Warrior BS right there.

What good would that do?

It would hurt the NVGA as an association and quite possibly cause it to collapse. (Which is really why you all are keeping this thread alive, isn't it? too make them look bad?)

It would MAYBE recover $2000 that would go to who? Probably not any of you arguing for it as most of you weren't even at the event.

It would cost a lot of time, effort, and probably some cash so that you'd MAYBE be able to hold a hollow victory over a peer-run association.

Due to the likely NVGA collapse if this were to be successful you'd have a portion of the gaming community that would look at the situation, from the outside, and see it as pointless infighting like the Hatfields and the McCoys.

...yeah, you guys do that... it DEFINITELY helps this community as a whole.

The NVGA as an association does not have any receipts. As I stated earlier the role of the association was to support the event. We supported our chapter. As a sponsor of the event we contributed money towards the SC Nationals.

Since our role was to support the event as needed, we did not purchase tickets or collect regional pots at any central group so we do not have any receipts. We are now verifying for ourselves what the ticket costs were since a question has been raised and DFG is working with us to get numbers checked and verified. If we find a discrepancy we will respond to it. We meet every 2 weeks and each member has other responsibilities personal and business, hence the delay is no "run around".

This review we are conducting should have no effect in paying out the $2000 pot amount that has been agreed to already.

Sadly while the organization may not be a business, it still needs to run like one. I understand that the NVGA was just there as a support for SC Nats and Supercon, the problem is how the community views it. DFG, who is a NVGA founder/leader and 3C founder/leader(?), took over planning SC4 Nats mentioning sponsership by both 3C and NVGA. While it may not be the case, it now appears that NVGA/3C is planning this event. I believe this is where alot of confusion stems blaming the NVGA. Maybe something to look at for future events. It's a conflict of interest.

I noticed in a couple of posts where, Dhalsim, you had said that the NVGA had "invested" $2,000. Was this money delegated for any cost to the tournement, or was it delegated for pot use only?

That's some straight up Keyboard Warrior BS right there.

What good would that do?

It would hurt the NVGA as an association and quite possibly cause it to collapse. (Which is really why you all are keeping this thread alive, isn't it? too make them look bad?)

It would MAYBE recover $2000 that would go to who? Probably not any of you arguing for it as most of you weren't even at the event.

It would cost a lot of time, effort, and probably some cash so that you'd MAYBE be able to hold a hollow victory over a peer-run association.

Due to the likely NVGA collapse if this were to be successful you'd have a portion of the gaming community that would look at the situation, from the outside, and see it as pointless infighting like the Hatfields and the McCoys.

...yeah, you guys do that... it DEFINITELY helps this community as a whole.

Hey there,

I have to say that you have some points here. Legal action will do nothing but the reason why this thread is alive is because of the constant dodging of the question about the money. Yes you can say that this thread will hur the NVGA, but then again who really brought it to this level? All that was needed was a clear answer with hard proof, which DFG clearly says he does not want to do...

MJ-

No one except kowtow was suggesting something absurd like legal action. Nothing of the sort can be done, since the agreement on $4k itself was only in principle.

As for your "forget about shit and move on" posts, we are. Nats is being planned as we speak. Once we feel we got shit right (we as in jaxel, nori, idle and I...and anyone else who wishes to do more than tough guy speeches) we will post up the new structure, rules and logistics. But right now we are still going over what can be done better and brainstorming new ideas and locations. The next 'nationals' will definately be an 'International Championship' involving every country wishing to compete.

But like I said, it's all in the raw stages and we have already moved on from NVGA and all of this. If they wanna work with us, they can. But it's not gonna be by their rules.

As for everyone else. Let this thread die so we can move forward in the near future with planning that I want EVERYONE in this thread, to take part and contribute opionions on (since you give enough shit to post up here, might as well direct that erffort towards something positive)

ttyl

cha cha

ChaCha: Malice made a REALLY good post in the Regional Leaders thread in the sc4 offline thread. He gave great reasons for having Nats in Philly. PM your thoughts on this.

No one except kowtow was suggesting something absurd like legal action. Nothing of the sort can be done, since the agreement on $4k itself was only in principle.

Then that's something to be addressed moving forward with another Nats. It's more absurd NOT to have a legal agreement in place, than it is for me to suggest taking legal action. Even if it winds up being you and Jay running this next one, none of this agreement in principle shit. Get it in writing.

We have been robbed.

I propose a motion that everyone related to NVGA have their names changed on this website to Jinmaster.

fixed

Also, due to the number of shady tournaments that have arisen since SF4 came out, SRK has recently added a stickied thread of "Tournament Directors to Avoid". After everything seen here, I have recommended they add DFG to the list.

You'd be surprised how powerful this can be - any mention of Planet Zero has been banned from their site for some time now, and almost nobody from out of state travels to their events anymore.

(Come to think of it, didn't NVGA use Planet Zero for one of the regionals? Birds of a feather and all that...)

Anyway, if you don't want this to happen to you, the best thing you can do is give details on the money. Maybe you could even learn a thing or two from this as well.

To the people asking why the money issue is important, you have to remember that DFG won't stop running tournaments or Supercon anytime soon, and he doesn't only deal with Soul Calibur. There have been examples earlier in this thread of Capcom players getting screwed on prize money and brackets, so I think this topic would be especially relevant if he were to try and have SF4/Blazblue/etc. tournaments at Supercon next year.

Then that's something to be addressed moving forward with another Nats. It's more absurd NOT to have a legal agreement in place, than it is for me to suggest taking legal action. Even if it winds up being you and Jay running this next one, none of this agreement in principle shit. Get it in writing.
No other FG scene needs this, and it would be pretty embarrassing to us also.

And yes, for the 5th time, can we CLOSE this thread? No point in having it open anymore since clearly, the money issue is not going to be answered in this thread.

I only made it to page 8 before I finally hit "last" to read the last page and then respond. I kept reading how people kept saying nationals "next year" and was wondering if that was even going to happen. I am glad I saw the problems early enough to not be associated with this 'event'.

How does the community feel about SC4 being dropped from Final Round? Do you think it will even be at Evo next year? Good luck to Jaxel, ChaCha, etc getting the SC4 community on track and back in a positive light.

Beware Oct 27 and T6's release :)

It already happened. SC4 is out. And I was just about to start planning to go there because I haven't been down south in a long time. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back