New SOULCALIBUR Title at E3? *EDIT: Hah! Nope

• Admin
The rumor mills are spinning! With the Facebook Popularity Poll ending last week, people have been wondering if Namco was about to unveil a new SOULCALIBUR title this year at E3. After all, Lost Swords is over a year old now, and was single player only. A new mothership SOULCALIBUR title tends to come out every 3-4 years, so now would be the time to get this party started.

While E3 opens to the public on Tuesday, the event actually begins for the press on Sunday. With the Microsoft keynote airing on Monday morning, and Sony during the evening, we could know the details within the next few days. So be sure to stick to 8WAYRUN to hear the news; as we will try our best to keep you all updated with the relevant information.

In the meantime, lets talk. What do you want out of a new SOULCALIBUR game? What are your expectations? New characters? Guest Characters? A complete reboot to bring back the older characters?

Personally, with Talim winning the popularity poll; I expect her to be in the next title. Hell, the biggest reason I stopped playing SOULCALIBUR was because Talim wasn't in the recent game. Talim is the reason I play fighting games at all. muh talim @BrewtusBibulus and @NeoOutlaw used to come over to my place and play SOULCALIBUR on the Dreamcast; and I was just never into it. It wasn't until Talim in SOULCALIBUR II where I actually got into fighting games.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Yay, we didn't wait for nothing! New Pirate costume available! More skin, more boobs, less cloth!

CHx5KAqUkAA6H_0.jpg

How about we put money together and buy the rights to the series back? It's getting more and more ridiculous with each "(lack of) costume", the series will soon end up as a hentai eroge dating sim. It's really pathetic, and I'm starting to regret Daishi...

What bothers me the most is generally bad backlash on SCV, i know that it is because SCV lacked in content, but it does have ,IMHO, best gameplay so far. And most of complains are unspecified: "it's bad" is what PS sees on facebook and in press. So i'm worried that they would change gameplay drastically, probably to SCIV or II style. Not like it's bad games, no they are great, but only SCV made me play it competitively, because i liked very much beautiful combination of 2D and 3D mechanics and was interested in learning to play that game.

In all labor there is profit. Idle chatter leads only to poverty. -Proverbs 14:23

If you want something changed, first change your perspective. Anyone can suggest what makes a good game, but not many can labor for it. You and I may not be able to make it tourneys, but we can make do with the talents we got. See I didn't become a CAS mod by whining, I wanted things to be different. So I poured all that I am and now 8wayrun has a CAS section that has history.

Basically, you want Taki in SCVI? Go here: 8wayrun's finest Create-A-Soul

Even if it goes on deaf ears, persistence overcomes resistance. I'd rather see fools who try than to sit with a bunch crybabies who won't try.

In all labor there is profit. Idle chatter leads only to poverty. -Proverbs 14:23

If you want something changed, first change your perspective. Anyone can suggest what makes a good game, but not many can labor for it. You and I may not be able to make it tourneys, but we can make do with the talents we got. See I didn't become a CAS mod by whining, I wanted things to be different. So I poured all that I am and now 8wayrun has a CAS section that has history.

Basically, you want Taki in SCVI? Go here: 8wayrun's finest Create-A-Soul

Even if it goes on deaf ears, persistence overcomes resistance. I'd rather see fools who try than to sit with a bunch crybabies who won't try.
Pocky,with all due respect,be quiet.

Pocky,with all due respect,be quiet.
Amusing how certain people like your post. The scripture wasn't even directed at them yet here they are. Guess I'm not the only complacent one. All I gotta say to them bitter people is take a chill pill then go play SCV or something. This is between me and you. If they can't do that, they bitter and no girl wants them lol.

My catch to you is this: Are you gonna keep whining on things you want to see change, or are you gonna do something about it? That's all I see from you at times. You can go ahead hate me and receive the crowd to also hate on me, but you can't deny that I'm right on you whining when you got tools to make things better.

Course if you choose to go with "shut up you *insert all kinds of descriptive insults* then you're already missing my true intentions of what I'm proposing to you. I won't reveal it to you here cause haters here are ready to tear me a new one. Respond in PMs.

so with E3 over and done with. The answer to your question is no.

There is no new soul calibur announcement at this year's E3.

Moving on.

Looking at this thread at a cursory glance:

-buy back? Since when have we ever owned this franchise? And even if you were able to buy this franchise, did you consider the actual cost of production, to make it the game you wanted? And if that's the case and you have enough capital to buy this franchise, wouldn't it just be easier to make your own game and then try to buy the licenses to these characters?

-comparing MKX a game made by a company (Netherrealm) that's owned by WB which is owned by Time Warner, to a game that's made by Namco Bandai which as far as I know isn't owned by anybody but Namcobandai... so let's take a quick look at google and find the Net worth of both companies:

WB = in and around 127 billion dollars <- though I doubt this figure, if HBO and CNN are both worth around 107 billion, might be legit. And I'm not going to even try to do that with Time Warner.

Namcobandai = market cap for today June 19,2015 puts it at ¥531,468.00 which when changed to US dollars is around 5,000.00 rounded up. but I can't read stock exchanges so I'm going to be generous and say we're at least in the low billion. I'm going to guess that if you wanted to buy Namcobandai outright, the assumption would be you would need to fork over at least 50 billion.

-Point being: the budget and what Warner brothers can spend will be greater than the budget namco bandai can spend on their game. So if the quality of MKX is far better than what we're seeing with Namcobandai, you can thank a higher budget for it.

You want to talk story? WARNER BROTHERS IS A FUCKING MOVIE STUDIO. They can put their writers into wherever the fuck they want and have them write a fuckin story. Namco bandai? work with who they got. And I'm willing to bet that not all those dudes/ladies write Hollywood blockbusters on the regular.

-as for listening to fan base, they have a Facebook page, twitter, and 8wayrun was featured in Namco bandai headquarters. They hear you. But you're speaking english and not good english, but spoken english like you're writing a fucking text message, so cut them some slack if they're not listening. I doubt many of you actively sit there and try to listen to conversations in languages that aren't your native language. cut them some fucking slack.

here's my thing.. your conversations. they're stupid. The topic of your discussions, are stupid. Actively trying to get in a serious conversation with you guys on a game's development, is taxing. Especially when we all know this game will come. But Jesus, do look at track records, Soul calibur generally follows tekken. After tekken 6 dropped, new soul calibur. After Tekken revolution, new soul calibur. My guess/prediction: After tekken 7 drops on console, you'll see a new SC. And we can all celebrate a new soul calibur for all of 1 year before the hype dies down, and this board becomes the ghost town it is currently until the next Soul Calibur.

and again, No. There was no new SC announcement at this year's E3. Pray for TGS. I doubt gamescom would be that venue, or even Paris Gaming Week.

Well, if I have to create a dummy personality-less character to embody a charismatic veteran they removed for a stupid reason... Let's just remove the roster, give 20 free slots, and allow only creations. We'll have the fighting styles, but characters with no charisma, no need for a story, no relations between any character...

My catch to you is this: Are you gonna keep whining on things you want to see change, or are you gonna do something about it? That's all I see from you at times. You can go ahead hate me and receive the crowd to also hate on me, but you can't deny that I'm right on you whining when you got tools to make things better.
Do what exactly?What is there that i can do?you say that like i work w/project soul..
The only chance i got till now to 'make my voice heard' is the character popularity poll.
And don't you dare bring up the stupid 'go make a Taki CaS and be creative!' matter.It is not just the character roster that is wrong with SCV. Although that will most likely be fixed in the next installment thanks to the poll.
I'll rather bitch and whine at things that need to be fixed than force myself to act like it's the best SC game yet.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back