Official Discussion for SC4 Tier List And Character Guides

Seong Mi-na Description - A Korean woman who looks about as Korean as I do. Characteristics include an unhealthy obsession with flowers, not wearing a support bra, being low tier trash, and suffering from migraines due to having 3 feet of braided ponytail. Signature moves include:

Chong Li Shin Splitter Special (1K) - Is supposed to lead to an instant win due to her breaking opponents leg but instead only does 16 damage (bullshit) unless they step

Ghetto Buster (6B+K) - Pushes bone fragments of nose into opponent's brain unless they step

Gratuitous Panties and Undercleavage View Strike (3B) - Launches the opponent and gives you a glimpse of Mi-na's goodies unless they step

Negro stole my TV and is running away but WATCH THIS! (FC 1B) - An extremely long ranged low that catches opponents off guard unless they step

Mi-na absolutely cannot win for two reasons. First, she doesn't have Asura Dance. Second, New York and France said so.

I fixed it up a bit.

Fuck, you're right. So to correct myself, Mi-na can't win for three reasons; The two I already mentioned and the fact that Step-G OWNS HER SHE CAN NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT STEP G NEVER EVER HOPELESSNESS IS ABUNDANT OH MY FUCKING GOD JUST PICK SOMEONE ELSE ARRRRRGGGHHHHH

Unique's tier list is what I agree with the most except for a few things...

I would bring Zasalamel and Raphael down to lower-mid. Zas is debatable just because of Omega's style of play with him. But let's be real: Both characters lack the damage, reliable step-killing, and advantageous match-ups that the mid-tier characters have.

Algol is debatable. I'd put him on top.

Unique's tier list is what I agree with the most except for a few things...

I would bump Zasalamel and Raphael down to lower-mid. Zas is debatable just because of Omega's style of play with him. But let's be real: Both characters lack the damage, reliable step-killing, and advantageous match-ups that the mid-tier characters have.

Algol is debatable. I'd put him on top.

Taki has all those things yet if you ask anyone about her, they'll say she's mid tier.
And again, for the last time.
Omega does not bring up to mid tier. If that were the case wouldn't he just be top?
Seriously, you should see or ask DR's tierlist on the game. They dont have a bottom or lower-mid tier. The lowest is Mid Tier so you can just imagine who they think and how many characters are up there.

OmegaXCN:

Oops didn't realize that mistake. Raphael is in the wrong tier he was supposed to be in lower-mid.

Now Corrected!

For the new page:

(No order)

Top - Hilde, Amy, Voldo, Kilik
Upper Mid - Cervantes, Ivy, Astaroth, Yoshimitsu, Mitsurugi, Setsuka, Algol, Cassandra, Sophitia, Darth Vader
Mid - Zasalamel, Taki, Nightmare, Siegfried, Lizardman, Xianghua, The Apprentice
Lower Mid - Yun-Seong, Maxi, Talim, Tira, Raphael
Bottom - Rock, Seong-Mina, Yoda

yeah that is absurd. especially X is certainly not on the same level as Zas. raph is at least as good as zas, I think significantly better...but he doesn't get used in tourneys by good players so he gets ranked lower even though he's a better character

Algol without the bubble shield is easily mid or upper mid. That's how I play him...add in the bubble shield he's easily top.

Srry I dnt get why bubble shield is so helpful to him. Yh bubbles in general are great, but when playing against the majority of characters and just spamming 4[A+B] 2[A+B] etc doesnt really seem to help me. Sure talim's screwed but i really don't seem to get much reward against ppl like Ivy and kilik and others. And looking at vids of good Algol players spamming bubbles endlessly doesnt really seem to get them too far. The opponent shudnt eat a ton of dmg as long as theyre not stupid and often i see Algol doing a KND he shud do sumthing on wakeup but just stands there doing 4[A+B] all the time.

It seems more like an annoyance rather then a really good weapon. Do all the top Algols just backdash spam bubbles and maybe try and catch sum1 out of sidestep? To me just using a few slow bubbles then pushing forwards seems much better. It interrupts combos and you can push forwards and do what you want. Often if they do attack u then they'll just get stopped midway out of the combo.

I've not that much idea whether hes top or upper mid but i think that using bubble shield with him doesnt help that much and he can win just as much without it. Then again thats just my opinion and most ppl probably have more knowledge then me anyway ;D

Bubble Shield?

24x10=240. 24 Bubbles hits before you die. Sadd.

Again, why is Soph not top 5!??! She eats you for breakfast.

And Kilik's BB sucks. Please switch Kilik with Ivy, Then you have an accurate Tierlist.

However, I rank Amy with Mitsu, becuz they are both royally 50/50 Players. However, although Mitsu is somewhat unsafe, his damage outdoes Amy by miles. Mitsu is still beast and Namco Loves him (and Voldo).

SU - I thought you were done with this community. Yet you still insist on talking about bias tiers and how much you "think" you know about this game. At least you've finally seen the light with Setsuka.

And again, for the last time.
Omega does not bring up to mid tier. If that were the case wouldn't he just be top?
Seriously, you should see or ask DR's tierlist on the game. They dont have a bottom or lower-mid tier. The lowest is Mid Tier so you can just imagine who they think and how many characters are up there.

Just to clarify, I did say I would bring down Zasalamel from mid-tier into lower-mid tier.

Which would mean that we agree, yes? ^^;;

I just made a point to mention Omega being the reason people think Zasalamel is mid tier now. Yes, Omega gets great results with Zasalamel. Yes, Omega is a great player.

But it doesn't make Zasalamel mid-tier.

On the other hand 'lower-mid' should not translate as 'unplayable' either. =)

Dino:

The difference between me and you:

No one pays attention to u. People pay attention to me.

Some disagree with me which is only natural. No one agrees with u which is unnatural.

You can't beat me so don't address me the way you do.

Just continue to post dumb posts like the one above. Just thought I would clarify the above for you and from here on out I will continue to disregard u just like the rest of the forums.

Shit now that I think about it has anyone ever responded to anyone of ur posts on these forums?

Last but not least you should learn something about tiers. No one ever actually agrees 100% but what u can come up with is a somewhat agreeable list with some minor disagreements in placings. That will always happen. You on the other hand well need I say more..........

(No order)

Upper Mid - Cervantes, Ivy, Astaroth, Yoshimitsu, Mitsurugi, Setsuka, Algol, Cassandra, Sophitia, Darth Vader
Mid - Zasalamel, Taki, Nightmare, Siegfried, Lizardman, Xianghua, The Apprentice
i actually think this list is the most accurate i've seen, by far.
maybe i'd put raph and asta on mids, anyway doesn't matter.

SU - Hahaha. You're funny. The fact that you still even argue about tiers, means you feel the NEED to be praised and heard.....so soft.

I couldnt care-less what people think about my "Opinion". I do feel that when something is being said repeatedly, and people start taking it as dogma, then we have a problem.

I can't beat you?! Have you ever played me?!?!

People don't listen to me?!!? I don't come in begging for my beliefs to be adopted. And people don't have to respond to me, they already agree with me.

You keep insisting in all these threads to have a refined tier-list. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to know why it is so important to have a tier-list, when it neevr really dictates who will win between two players. Tiers are a cop out if anything. I thought you would have learned this by now.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to know why it is so important to have a tier-list, when it neevr really dictates who will win between two players. Tiers are a cop out if anything. I thought you would have learned this by now.

lol, this is so true, but sometimes it's just fun to talk about tiers for the sake of having something to talk about.

Nah its

Top-Hilde, Algol, Amy, Voldo, Kilik, Setsuka
Upper Mid-Ivy, Astaroth, Mitsurugi, Yoshi, Sisters, Xianghua
Mid-DarthVader, Cervantes, Lizardman, Siegfried, Taki, NM, Apprentice
Lower Mid-Yun Seong, Rapheal, Zasalamel, Maxi, Talim, Tira
Bottom-Rock, Seong-Mina, Yoda.

Zass can't move from lower mid.
Darth Vader won't ever enter Upper Mid
And Algol will always remain top.

Back