Official Soulcalibur V 1.03 Patch Notes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Admin
The last patch, was just under a month ago and it already looks like we're getting another one this week! From talking with Namco Bandai, I was under the impression that the 1.02 patch added a few "network bugs" into the mix, and since Project Soul spent so much time bringing us the best online netcode ever, they were naturally upset about this.

Well it seems, in addition to fixing the new network issues, Namco has also included a list of various other fixes and balance changes. Be warned though, the patch notes I have been supplied with were completely in Japanese; so I'm doing my best to translate them.

Battle System Adjustments
  • 特定のタイミングでヴィオラ、ツヴァイの攻撃が相手からのダメージを無効化できていた現象について対処しました。
  • Attack phenomenon was addressed where Viola and Z.W.E.I. could reset the damage scaler.
Algol
  • 66A+B: 2段目の空中ヒット時に相手に与える効果を変更し、浮かせ状態の高さを低くしました。
  • :6::6::A+B: - Reduced the height of the launch state on the second hit.
Astaroth
  • 236236A+B+K(アギュル・セステムス): 前回の修正に加え、特殊なしゃがみ操作によっても回避される現象について対処しました。
  • :2::3::6::A+B+K: - Fixed a glitch where the opponent could 1-frame duck the command throw in certain states (such as back-turn)
Ivy
  • 236236A+B+K(流転せよ、奇なる運命): 前回の修正に加え、特殊なしゃがみ操作によっても回避される現象について対処しました。
  • :2::3::6::A+B+K: - Fixed a glitch where the opponent could 1-frame duck the command throw in certain states (such as back-turn)
Leixia
  • クリティカルエッジ: 技自体の硬直時間を増やしました。
  • :2::3::6::A+B+K: - Reduced the hit stun time on Leixia's critical edge so that she can no longer combo from it. (This probably prevents here from doing a critical edge into critical edge)
Mitsurugi
  • 236B(差踏岩戸割): 特定の条件で、通常の236Bと同等の攻撃発生で出せた現象について対処しました。
  • :2::3::6::B: - Glitch fixed... although I have no idea what that was.
Viola
  • オーブ設置時6B+K: ガード時に相手に与える効果を変更し、強制立ち状態にならないようにしました。
  • :6::B+K: - Changed the affect of a guarding opponent so that they are no longer forced to a standing position out of crouch.
  • クリティカルエッジ: ガード時に相手に与える効果を変更し、強制立ち状態にならないようにしました。
  • :2::3::6::A+B+K: - Changed the affect of a guarding opponent so that they are no longer forced to a standing position out of crouch.
Z.W.E.I.
  • 66A+B: 技自体の硬直時間を増やしました。
  • :6::6::A+B: - Recovery time of the move has been increased. Reduced the length of block stun for the opponent.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
iTS pretty stupid that namco continue to nerf poor leixia who is already low mid to low tier now no shes lost her only chance of competing with most of the cast damage wise looks like shes lost her last chance of being competitive now i guess we wont see much of her in tournies pretty stupid its got so bad that even kayane is saying she cant compete anymore at tournies as they have completly destroyed her character.

Re: Mitsu 236B Glitch -

As I recall, this was a bug that allowed Mitsu to use the 236B BE without actually losing any meter. I believe Akire could be seen making use of this in his matches at the World Championships.

Re: Mitsu 236B Glitch -

As I recall, this was a bug that allowed Mitsu to use the 236B BE without actually losing any meter. I believe Akire could be seen making use of this in his matches at the World Championships.

I saw RTD use it in combo against a corner - didn't see Akire use it.

I saw RTD use it in combo against a corner - didn't see Akire use it.
I see. I didn't notice it myself when watching, but someone later mentioned to me Akire had been doing it. I'd go back and watch the matches if I cared, but I don't really :P.

At any rate, the bug was that he could get a BE without spending meter, which I believe is what Namco addressed.

iTS pretty stupid that namco continue to nerf poor leixia who is already low mid to low tier now no shes lost her only chance of competing with most of the cast damage wise looks like shes lost her last chance of being competitive now i guess we wont see much of her in tournies pretty stupid its got so bad that even kayane is saying she cant compete anymore at tournies as they have completly destroyed her character.

Leixia is low tier?!

WTF?

They also fixed Natsu 6A+B4 Po A whiffing problem.
this was the first thing i tested and it still whiffs on viola from point blank range. which character did you test on? i'll have to go look at the other characters that it didnt previously work on and see which ones changed.

this was the first thing i tested and it still whiffs on viola from point blank range. which character did you test on? i'll have to go look at the other characters that it didnt previously work on and see which ones changed.

Before patch 3, i was testing it on Pyrrha and it was whiffing her... Now it connects on her.

Before patch 3, i was testing it on Pyrrha and it was whiffing her... Now it connects on her.
it worked on pyrrah pre patch. i used it to punish her 3B all the time with 6A+B4 PO A:6. there would be times where it would whiff but that was mainly because of a max range blocked 3B and PO A not having the range. i'm fine with that as it makes sense that you're out of range in that scenario and you have to adjust accordingly

the real issue is against the characters where you are point blank range 0 and it whiffs in that scenario, which they didnt fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back