Pascuzzi's Blog Posts About Nothing

Looks like it is indeed a YLOD. Depending on what your model is, you might be able to get the disk out without opening it up. Have you tried holding the eject button after flipping the power switch on the back? Apparently, that works for some models. Not on my fat 80GB, unfortunately.

Gonna have to consider my options carefully, especially since the PS4 is due this winter.

It's the 40GB and I haven't tried. How long have you had it? I've had mine for about 4-5. It stopped last November. Unfortunately I don't think PS4 will be backwards compatible.

It's the 40GB and I haven't tried. How long have you had it? I've had mine for about 4-5. It stopped last November. Unfortunately I don't think PS4 will be backwards compatible.
I think I've had mine for about 6 years. Pretty good run, I suppose, but it's the first console I've ever had fail on me. Granted, the SNES is much less complicated, but mine still works. Same thing with my PS1 and PS2.

Here's a video that outlines the disk removal process. If this doesn't work for you, you'll probably have to open it up.

Bad news. My PS3 has a problem where, upon powering it on, the LEDs briefly show yellow, the console beeps three times, then powers down on its own and flashes red. If anyone knows what this is and how I can fix it (or at least get my SCV disk out of the tray), I'd be grateful. I don't want to buy another PS3 and I really don't want to buy a game I already bought before.

It's really too bad; I was working on a pretty nice Mikasa Ackerman, but the photos are still on the console, so I can't show that. However, I do have photos from the last project I was working on, which is related to another video game-related website that I frequent. Some of the designs actually came out pretty okay, so I'll post those here.
ugVoZGj.jpg

Design notes:
- A cylinder and a pair of demonic horns make the pig nose.

- The green section of the top is actually a square sticker placed by view at an upward-looking angle.

- The center emblem is from an oriental pattern. The rest of the pattern is blocked off by very large square stickers.
dLrr2bW.jpg
Design notes:
- The horns are stripe-patterned to simulate hair texture. Here, they're used to block of the cat ears in order to make the design look more like a baby harp seal.

- Even though the gloves are specifically cat-themed, they can be used any time the design calls for any kind of cute mammal.
wrKTtub.jpg

Design notes:
- The entire body is covered by a full bodysuit, with the central body covered by a duffel bag.

- Commander Video's square face is just a white block.

Interesting designs. These characters seem like they're primarily for trolling, but the designs are solid.

The Korean Pig Thing's shirt is quite dashing. The green and white color scheme really complement the pink hue of the pig skin. The bits of brown and gold are really skillfully distributed throughout the outfit, providing emphasis without overwhelming the color palette. I couldn't figure out how you blocked out the rest of the patterns. He would have looked awesome as a human too.

The Seal Pup's color scheme is rather subdued, but I'm sure it was because you were going for more of a gentle, rustic look. It's unfortunate that you can't apply patterns to the cone, but it emulates a rice farmer hat well enough. I have no idea what that stuff on the flag means, but it looks really authentic, like something out of an old Japanese scroll.

Commander Video's pure troll. It's too bad you can't put a static-like pattern on the TV. Maybe you could add antennae with the butterfly antennae accessory.

It's good to see you back, Pas. I hope to see more of your quality work soon.

They're not for trolling at all, actually. I mentioned earlier that these designs are part of a project for another video game-related website that I frequent. Said website is actually a stream with streamers who play video games while the audience watches. The audience is relatively small compared to the popular ones on Twitch.tv that most people probably think of when they think "video game stream," so the streamers can actively maintain constant interaction with the audience while playing via a chat room. It's much like maintaining a conversation with a small group of people. As a result, a tight-knit community formed around the website. This project, a collection of CaS representations of each streamer (there are a lot more than these three shown here), was my way of saying thanks to the streamers for providing entertainment and contributing something fun to the community there.

Most of the design cues were picked up from the personalities and self-representations of the streamers I've picked up on during my time at that stream. For example, Commander Video is actually the main character of Bit.Trip Runner, which one of the streamers played on-stream. Other things, like chat room colors, namesakes, and odd things the streamers told the audience about themselves were used as design cues. That explains the randomness and lack of coherency of these CaS' characters. You can't make this up. At least, I can't.

The pattern on Korean Pig's shirt is blocked off with three very large square stickers: the green one on top, one that wraps around the sides, and one on the bottom.

Seal Pup's color scheme was influenced by the streamer's namesake. It has to do with limes, so I used the oriental pattern you see there and tried to make it such that it looked like an array of lime slices. As far as the flag on the back goes, I don't know what it means either. It comes with the club weapon as part of a Yoshimitsu-style weapon set.

Commander Video is just a 1:1 recreation of the video game character. Since the source material was so simple (and also because I was getting lazy towards the end of the project), adding in extra details was far from my mind at the time, but those are some very excellent ideas for playing up the character's TV motif.

I love your commander video because i love gimmicky CAS.
And also because i tried Runner 2 recently on xbox, not for long though, it fells more like an iphone app to me, despite genius design :)

I agree the screen looks a bit bland, i'd either use a raibow patterns or a jagged lines pattern to reproduce some kind of static, you could even use a stretched sphere to make it look like a good ol CRT monitor as well...
as such the screen looks very faithful but also gives the CAS too much of a bland "face" to look at, right ?

The other two are cute as buttons Pas

Could i possibly have the formula for your Squall, Pas? It's the best I have seen so far, and all the tutorials I find for him look much lower in quality.

Could i possibly have the formula for your Squall, Pas? It's the best I have seen so far, and all the tutorials I find for him look much lower in quality.
I'm grateful you like my Squall design, but I can't give you a complete formula even if I wanted to. My PS3's shot, so I can't fire up the game and compile a long, exhaustive list of all the data. However, it's not hard to just look at the picture and figure out what items, stickers, and colors are used. Reading the creation notes might also help, since that's where I usually focus on outlining less straightforward procedures and you're also welcome to ask me how I did what I did in any of my designs.

What are you having trouble recreating? If it's the shirt, then what you want to do is color it black, then use stickers to color all the exposed parts of the shirt, except the sleeves. I think what I did here was use a white square placed-by-axis on the bottom half of the entire shirt, then a white buttoned pocket sticker placed-by-axis large enough to cover the front, but small enough to not poke out under the vest.

A broken current-gen console is no excuse to stop making CaS. I ended up running SC3 to get my CaS fix. Here, I have SC3 versions of some of my originals and a recreation of what would've been my latest project in SCV Creation mode.

Note: Just in case in-site image expansion doesn't work for you anymore, you can view these images at full resolution by right-clicking and opening in another tab.
eRtjfFF.jpg
LCBZDSE.jpg
SPXqqUF.jpg
e6Vppxd.jpg
x12Opna.jpg
5gxepE5.jpg

Cool SC3 CaS you have, Pas!

i see the formulas over there lol it would be easier for me if i play SC3 on my PS3

very true, KokoYoshi. there is a mask for SC1's Nightmare where you can see his human face. i think it was called Slayer's Helmet, that item was in SC3 but not SC4 and SCV. too bad that SCV stop making more DLCs..

here's a pic of him-

Nightmare2SCFACE.jpg

I have a sudden urge of an idea of making that helmet in SCV.

ALRIGHT, NERDS.

Sit down, I got a story to tell you. You're gonna love it.

The reason I haven't been posting CaSs for several months now was because my PS3 YLODed. I haven't been able to replace it until about a month or so ago. Fortunately, I was able to connect the HDD from my old PS3 to my new one, so I still have all my saves and CaSs. However, a few DLC were mysteriously lost in the move and, as a result, I wasn't able to use any of my old SCV saves. I went to the PSN store to re-download the DLC, but guess what? They showed up as never having been purchased. Keep in mind, I know for sure that I purchased them because the damn game wouldn't start up without them.

So, I figured I'd try calling up Playstation about the matter. This involved giving the guy on the other end a list of the missing purchases, which included DLC Pack X, DLC Pack 1995, DLC Pack 1337, and most importantly

"Sexy Costumes 1."

Later that night, a twenty-something went home from his job, called up his buds, and told them about how he had to tell some perv he couldn't help him. I ended up having to re-buy everything that was missing because I couldn't prove I actually bought everything.

Moral of the story: you all collectively owe me $11 USD.

Oh, also, I have these nice CaSs to share with you all. These first three are two recreations and one original.
2mk27s.jpg

All-in-all, simple, but relatively devoid of detail compared to my other material. I may come back to this design at a later date.

Notes:
- Jacket is made from an inverted denim pocket sticker at max size. Shirt underneat is two large, white squares.
35l9a1f.jpg

Notes:
- Blood smears are just that monochrome sticker of a woodside stream, placed by view and in red.
10nwaa8.jpg

Might not be the most appropriate thing to post right now, considering the situation in Crimea, but I made this before all that. It was around the end of the Winter Olympics.

Notes:
- Mustache is a minimized raccoon tail, set so that it runs up the "spine," then through the face.
- It's not obvious here, but the weapon is the chained sickles.
- Hat visor is a flattened Cone.
This next set is composed of designs that are based off of concept art for an RPG Maker game I've been helping out with in my spare time. As such, I can't take full credit for these designs; the originals were made by some of the most amazingly passionate and talented individuals I've ever had the grace of working with. However, since Creation mode will never come as close to being as powerful a creative engine as regular old drawing has always been, I put my own spin on these designs in order to make them interesting. Each design represents an individual character with a unique RPG class and has various motifs and concepts incorporated into it.
2rrutf5.jpg

Notes:
- The tabard consists of an inverted button pocket sticker on the Leather Shirt and an inverted denim pocket sticker on the Tuxedo Pants.
- The character is highly influenced by Super Mario lore, hence, the flat cap construction, mushroom shoulders, and emblem.
r73j1f.jpg

Notes:
- The boots are comprised of the fur cuffs on Leixia's 2P pants, the Ring Pants underwear with button pocket stickers, and the shoes.
- The design is informed both by Harley Quinn and the FF White Mage class.
10i59x0.jpg

Notes:
- This character is inspired by Goofy, hence, the green hat-like helmet ornament on the top and the orange-blue color scheme.
- The denim pocket sticker, when taken with the cape, is intended to resemble Goofy's black vest.
- The helmet is made of the brimless Chinese hat with a star sticker, a pair of Feathers of Strength, and the aforementioned ornament.
28mh7hh.jpg

Notes:
- Not really much that isn't obvious in this design. The character is meant to have a very Texan design.
2dc5nkh.jpg

Notes:
- If you're familiar with Spelunky, this design is based off of the main character from that game, who in turn is based on Indiana Jones.
- The jacket is comprised of the Leather Vest, the Sleeves of the cotton shirt, and two button pocket stickers: one on the vest and another on the shirt.
- A white square on the shirt under the pocket sticker allows construction of a shirt under the jacket.
swv679.jpg

Notes:
- a walking Irish stereotype
- Rotated zipper stickers on the limbs were used to construct sprout-limbs.
5oxxj8.jpg

Notes:
- This character is inspired by Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star and Scandinavian vikings.
- Max size zipper stickers on the boots impart an armored look.
xqi4wp.jpg

Notes:
- The design for this character was inspired in large part by Yukiko from Persona 4.
- The orginal sketch had a big cloak that covers up the entire upper body. Creation mode doesn't have anything like that, so I reconstructed something similar with the bat wings.
2usjupf.jpg

Notes:
- The pig mask is made of the Kunimitsu mask, a Bottle Gourd, and Earrings.
- If you look closely, you'll notice the left hand has a zipper sticker attached to it. This is reminiscent of his second weapon: a finger gun used to deal status effects.
osfkso.jpg

Notes:
- The character is an owlman.
- Yes, that is a book. It is two Duffel Bags with the appropriate patterns.
- An apple was flattened and placed behind the Dragon Mask to give the appearance of an open beak.
2nuett.jpg

Notes:
- The epaulets are made of a Bolt and buttoned pocket stickers on each shouler.
2nhj953.jpg

Notes:
- This character is based on a baby harp seal.
- The character will use an anchor in the game, but the closest thing SCV has to that is the Steel Paddle.
kb93yx.jpg

Notes:
- An inverted star sticker on the Baihu Coat comprises the torso armor.
- The sticker with the griffon on the shield was used on the shin guards.
1zfmzbc.jpg

Notes:
- A flattened Duffel Bag was used as the TV head.
- A pair of narrowed Rabbit Ears forms the eyes.
256dzza.jpg

Notes:
- This character was based on Billy Mays.
- A Raccoon Tail was used to thicken his beard.
- A pair on denim pocket stickers on the pants extends the purple shirt underneath the coat.
- The character casts magic from this gloves and the focus on his right hand. Didn't like using Viola with him, so switched him to Dampierre instead. Surprisingly, it kinda works.
2rrnfcm.jpg

Notes:
- An inverted denim pocket sticker and a hexagon are used on the vest.
- Pocket stickers and triangles can be seen on the gloves.
I have to go soon, which is why the descriptions may be a little curt, but I tried to cover the most subtle parts. Anyway, I'm glad to be back. Happy viewing!

Last edited:
Sorry about the broken links. I learned the hard way that dropbox isn't the most simple image host. Just went and re-hosted the latest shots somewhere else. I even tested the edits on my phone, so it should be working now, but please let me know if it isn't working this time, either.

Back