Patroklos Q&A/Discussion Thread

Yeah, the main disadvantage 11K has over 1K is that it's much slower from neutral. For okizeme purposes it matters very little though as you can input it as 661K and get a dash into 11K that doesn't have the telegraphing sidestep built in.

Yeah, the main disadvantage 11K has over 1K is that it's much slower from neutral. For okizeme purposes it matters very little though as you can input it as 661K and get a dash into 11K that doesn't have the telegraphing sidestep built in.

yeah i use that way....66321K very good move, to mantain presure ;)

from my experience people seemed more vulnerable to 11K because i moved before doing it so i guess they thought i was going for a wake up grab or something and not the low kick (1K) they expected. but that's just from my online play.

so i found out pat can duck mitsu's 4B at most ranges. the only range where it connects on crouching is when he's touching you, which at that range you can stuff him out of it pretty easy anyway. ive tested this with a few other character, so far pat has been the only one to be able to do it

so i found out pat can duck mitsu's 4B at most ranges. the only range where it connects on crouching is when he's touching you, which at that range you can stuff him out of it pretty easy anyway. ive tested this with a few other character, so far pat has been the only one to be able to do it

WTF!!!...hahaha you are right, that move is mid and Patrololol can duck it LOL!!

Nice find ;)

i tested it out on everyone else and pat is the only one who can duck that. its range dependent but it only connects on crouching pat if mitsu is touching him. at that range pretty much anything would hit him. dont quote me on it but im 95% sure you can 66B him out of it on reaction at that range

i tested it out on everyone else and pat is the only one who can duck that. its range dependent but it only connects on crouching pat if mitsu is touching him. at that range pretty much anything would hit him. dont quote me on it but im 95% sure you can 66B him out of it on reaction at that range

However, I wouldn´t recommend you to this, a friend plays mitsurugi and when i discovered this, I tried apply it on Aeon´s stage and got ROd, so I would only use it where i know i can survive after i get hit, just in case.

And you can JG, GI or step it, so you have better and more solid options, but less hilarious.

Is there a list of A+B'able attacks?
There's this, but that's strings.

You can generally tell just by looking... If it's a wide swinging attack, and a mid, you can probably A+B it. 3Bs, Pyrrha's 66A, Maxi 1B, etc. Some you have to test on your own though to be sure (like Mitsu's 3A).

Post air-GI options for Pattycakes (all are guaranteed):
Immediate 44B adds 18 damage.
Slightly delayed 3B adds 19 damage.
Slightly delayed 236K adds 25 damage.
Slightly delayed 2A+B adds 22 damage. Both hits occur.
Slightly delayed 66A+B adds 37 damage. If you GI Mitsu's 8A+B and do 66A+B that's 95 damage. Ouch.
Slightly delayed 2B+K adds 26 damage.

Perfectly timed 1B BE combos with the fall damage and launches for AA or CE.
If done too late, only the first hit connects, adding 7 damage.
If done way too late, it whiffs altogether or can be blocked.
If done perfectly, it does 88 damage plus:
14 damage from AA followup
50 damage from CE followup

For air GI wallsplats, you can do:
Air GI W! → 6BBB → 66B+K → 66A+B for 79 meterless damage.
Or you can combo into throws for shenanigans.
For reasons I cannot ascertain, sometimes the opponent does not take normal wallsplat damage (ranges from 2-11 from my experiments) but instead takes the "fall damage". Sometimes they even take the wallsplat damage PLUS the fall damage. As a result, working with Mitsurugi's 8A+B again, I managed to achieve 141 meterless with:
GI W! (54 damage wallsplat) → 66B+G (all knees) W! → 236K
100 meterless with:
GI W! (26 damage wallsplat) → 6BBB → 66B+K → 66A+B

This might be a training mode bug, but it seems to be influenced by both when the GI is initiated and the distance the opponent travels in the air before hitting the wall. GIing the attack earlier results in a higher wallsplat, which also causes them to be splatted back towards you, allowing you to do:
GI W! → Back Throw → 236K for 87 damage.

Just for fun:
Slightly delayed 1K adds 14 damage. Use if it'll KO because I WIN.

So I was playing Woahhzz offline the other night. He was using Pat. I was doing pretty well one round and he decided to go for a grab. I broke A of course, and got prepared to mash out of the knees in case of the command grab. I saw the knees start up and I rolled the analog while tapping the face buttons. ...and the knees didn't stop.

About 7 knees into this, I picked up on a sound like that of someone balling up a brown paper bag after finishing takeout. I looked over after the KO screen appeared and said, "yo, uh... I know I was mashing, so...." Woahhzz looked at me and said, "oh, did you press all the buttons?"

"Yes... apparently that wasn't enough for some reason."
"Oh well you have to mash faster than I do"

The next time he grabbed me, I was brought back to that same crinkling sound to find that it was Woahhzz mashing the buttons like a man possessed. It was at this point where I made the decision... to just let him have the grab. After all... I can still win a round after losing 65 damage, but it was not worth losing a pad over.

I believe I made the right decision...

So I was playing Woahhzz offline the other night. He was using Pat. I was doing pretty well one round and he decided to go for a grab. I broke A of course, and got prepared to mash out of the knees in case of the command grab. I saw the knees start up and I rolled the analog while tapping the face buttons. ...and the knees didn't stop.

About 7 knees into this, I picked up on a sound like that of someone balling up a brown paper bag after finishing takeout. I looked over after the KO screen appeared and said, "yo, uh... I know I was mashing, so...." Woahhzz looked at me and said, "oh, did you press all the buttons?"

"Yes... apparently that wasn't enough for some reason."
"Oh well you have to mash faster than I do"

The next time he grabbed me, I was brought back to that same crinkling sound to find that it was Woahhzz mashing the buttons like a man possessed. It was at this point where I made the decision... to just let him have the grab. After all... I can still win a round after losing 65 damage, but it was not worth losing a pad over.

I believe I made the right decision...

I think you just have to do the Damp technique and rotate the stick as well as mash all buttons. usually works for me.

EDIT:

Oh wait a second, you did roll the stick. Well shit...

Analog stick isn't fast enough.

IIRC, Woahhzz uses a Hori FCP3, meaning he has no analog stick, only a D-pad. If you are rolling your analog stick all the way to its edge, you won't make enough revolutions to compete, at least without wearing a hole in your palm.

Put your thumb in the center of the D-pad, and pivot around that point, leaning on the four corners (9317) of the D-pad. The circles you make with your thumb are smaller than the ones you would make with the analog stick, hence, you'll get more directional inputs in the same amount of time.

(As a sidenote, this is why the D-pad is sometimes superior to stick when it comes to certain inputs, like Tekken's backdash cancel. Less physical distance traveled means more efficient input.)

The FCP3's D-pad has an audible "click" when engaging a direction on the D-pad. The crinkling sound you hear is the sound of multiple directional inputs, made possible by making tight circles from the center.

Mashing a button will help, but ultimately it's your directional inputs that have the most effect.

Analog stick isn't fast enough.

Oh. Well I was just telling the story for the amusement factor moreso then a cry for help, lol. My bad. But upon reading your post, it actually does make a lot more sense to use the d-pad.

But yeah, my point was that Woahhzz was mashing furiously, like his very life depended on getting all the knees. It was to the point where, even if I had known to use the d-pad, I couldn't be bothered to try and compete with him. As doing so would've likely destroyed my controller after a few good reps, heh.

It is a pretty tiring thing. I can understand, "fighting back" saps your energy, and messes up both hand and controller... usually only for a 20 damage reduction (or less), most of the time. Pick your battles, I guess.

If you don't tech back or right, 65 damage shouldn't be too bad...

I've been having some success using an empty 236 into 11/77b, 11/77k, throw mixup. This is nice when your just outside Pats sweet spot. Moves look identical w/ little half step and leads to great damage if you land 11/77b. 11/77 b is slightly punishable but well worth it. Empty 236 is a very nice way to close distance w/ 236ab used if they move. I get tired of the same ole 66b, 66a and 66k shit lol. Mind games out of this are good. 11/77b also has a little TC bonus! Thoughts?

Thoughts?
What combo are you using with 11B?

Empty 236 is not bad to mix it up/try to get that "deer in headlights" effect from the other guy, but I'm not terribly fond of it because you can't cancel into guard...

Do you have any footage? Other styles are always nice to watch.

Back