Patroklos Q&A/Discussion Thread

Stand 236 k follow up. 236 b BE connects good on 1 player side but can't get it too connect on 2 nd. 66a BE seems to catch all tech I believe after 11/77b for great combo. Even though you can't block out of 236 your still pretty much at even frames in their face w/ Pat. If people don't respect your 236 cancels then hammer em w/ 236a. 236 series seems somewhat delayable or am I just stoned lol?

I thought so lol been awhile since I played Pattycakes! Ya 236 covers plenty of ground fast so you can at least vary your approach. Not a huge deal but does offer some nice mindgames. Have really tried it yet but I'm thinking most will prolly tried and 2a after they see you cancel which should open up for your a+b.

All theory talk here guys just trying to think outside the box.

The most common wall combo I use is probably 3B, 3B, 44A, CE which does around 111 damage. But I just found that if you skip the second 3B, thus only getting 1 wall splat, its does around 120 damage. So yeah.....use that instead if you have meter

How exactly do I handle Natsu? I always seemed to be out-sped and her bombs tend to get me whenever I try to get up after she knocks me down. How should I go about taking her on?

How exactly do I handle Natsu? I always seemed to be out-sped and her bombs tend to get me whenever I try to get up after she knocks me down. How should I go about taking her on?
Watch the LP versus Hawkeye match from NEC to see how that matchup is played.

If she keeps bombing you, just lay there on the ground and take the hit, you'll move back a safe distance away from her. As for the match-up I tend to spam 2a which is fast and ducks her fastest moves (which are highs), +8 on hit is also relatively nice.

Ya, I find that it doesn't work too well after 1B, but still occasionally.

All other moves I can think of are too slow for 44B+K reset.

Delayed 66A BE traps left/right after 1B, but the timing is ridiculously hard. A lot of times you're gonna get 66A, but the BE will whiff leaving you BT.

My favorite tech trap of Patty's is 11B 66A CE.

Too bad most people get pretty smart and stop teching after that.. You can still chain his CE to it which helps with the occasional ringout, but.. :b

Say, I've been having a lot of trouble with APat's just frames. Is there any tips on how to execute them better, I'm pretty hopeless because i'm getting most of them which isn't much with by button mashes. Also, is it easier to do just frames on a pad or on a fightstick, pretty lame question but I would like to know. C:

Well you'd probably be better off asking in the ALPHA Patroklos soul arena where the aPat players are lol.
Answer is practice though, I put a video on youtube for JF Twister last year though which you could check out if you wanted.

Yeah, sorry, I thought this was the APat forums, it's sometimes hard for me to tell which is which. :$

Say, I've been having a lot of trouble with APat's just frames. Is there any tips on how to execute them better, I'm pretty hopeless because i'm getting most of them which isn't much with by button mashes. Also, is it easier to do just frames on a pad or on a fightstick, pretty lame question but I would like to know. C:

There is no magical way that will make you become a master of just frames. Execution takes practice, practice, and more practice. Most people would say a stick is much better for just frames, but it really depends on what you are most comfortable with.

Back