Pretty Birdy of Death

justalex

[08] Mercenary
Is nightmare really that strong? he feels aggressively mediocre to me. He just has a really low skill floor so it's easy to scrub kill with him

EbrietasSs

La-da-di-dum!
S tier because of a bug? I... dont know how to even respond to that. Sorry but to get in the same dmg as most of the cast, you have to put a lot more work into her. She does not play the same as in 5 by any stretch. Pick anyone else and they have a lot more safer options then her.

AndorDrakon

[01] Neophyte
Yea, she seems bottom tier right now. I will still play her because shes fun and her mood swings are pretty cool even if sometimes they screw me over. Im primarily a Tekken player and this mechanic is completely fresh to me.
She really does need better frames - 12f A in JS; 1B in JS should give +3/+4 on hit, same with 1K in GS. That would make her close range pressure and poking a lot more reliable and threatening. Right now, faster chars(which is most of the roster) can challenge her even after getting hit.

EbrietasSs

La-da-di-dum!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't JS CE have the lowest dmg of all CE in the game, is a vertical attack that doesn't have any special properties and is unsafe? You basically get punished for using it because it costs the same as GS CE

Frayhua

[14] Master
Wait really? I thought Decopon supposedly was on the development team for Tira this time around?
It was the Day 1 Build with out Tira (Disc Locked Content to hype up the Season Pass).

Yea, she seems bottom tier right now. I will still play her because shes fun and her mood swings are pretty cool even if sometimes they screw me over. Im primarily a Tekken player and this mechanic is completely fresh to me.
She really does need better frames - 12f A in JS; 1B in JS should give +3/+4 on hit, same with 1K in GS. That would make her close range pressure and poking a lot more reliable and threatening. Right now, faster chars(which is most of the roster) can challenge her even after getting hit.
You don't understand Tira. Jolly is Weak, but Gloomy is Strong. Tira is fine.

orangeislands31

[13] Hero
all her gloomy combos do around the 70+ dmg, her iWR K is god like. JS dmg isnt great but in soul charge you gor 236K you can randomly throw out AND you got Gloomy Coda that deals a lot of dmg.

my game plan, poke with JS untill you get a chance to switch int GS. deal some dmg and get JS ASAP. switch a lot and get Coda. go ham with random BS bc people arnt gonna respect your double hitting moves. and 6A+G is a unbreakable.
Hey man, I like the way you think! I was just telling someone the same thing as far as my Tira game plan goes. Prioritize mood change moves like JS 4K, JS CE, GS 3A.A+B, GS 66A+B for increased odds of entering Coda. I was thinking that it would be beneficial to avoid high chance mood switch moves once you achieve Coda, but if that limits her potential damage then perhaps I'm wrong about that detail.

I feel that Tira players try to prioritize staying in gloomy for most of the match, or atleast that was my first impression of how to play Tira in SCV. SCVI Jolly feels great to be in! I find it to be an absolute blast spacing with your opponent in Jolly, and once I switch to Gloomy I get my damage in, and then go back to Jolly ASAP. Gloomy does so much self damage that it feels unsustainable in the long run, especially if you're at low health.

Yes I could main a stronger character, but after much consideration I feel that I wouldn't be nearly as fascinated with any of the cast as I am with Tira. Playing her has it's own rhythm to it you know, and it feels really beautiful.

EbrietasSs

La-da-di-dum!
just because you can work around it with considerably more effort doesn't mean almost everyone else isn't just plain stronger than her. it's just facts. of course you can make her work, just as much as you can make Talim or Taki work, but even those two have some weird op gimmicks that are quite simple and safer to execute.

even if you try to rapidly switch between JS and GS there is a high chance you will be punished with a headache, which, unless your opponent is brain dead, will cost you half of your health or the entire match. you also have to pay for these with your health regardless of the outcome.

Last edited:

AndorDrakon

[01] Neophyte
Oh yea, some other stupid shit that Tira players have to deal with:
1) self dmg with lots of Gloomy moves(and 4K in both stances) - shes nowhere near strong enough to justify this kind of crap. Not to mention when the round goes to the last points of HP she literally cant use most of her Gloomy moves because she will stun herself....
2) RNG self stun from B+K when shes goes "Owie!" - remove it completely.
3) Lethal Hits - oh boy, if she wasnt bad enough.... Those LH triggers are so stupid, its like nobody tested this shit in real matches. Other chars get at least few practical LHs, fucking Voldo Lethal Hits you in Mantis Crawl just for Stand Guarding!

Aris just checked her movelist recently, his impression can be summarized by - "She sucks!"
If anyone's interested https://www.twitch.tv/videos/332742852

Violent Vodka

Pick Your Poison
She takes a lot more effort and doesn't always pay off. B+K and the B+K aGI's headaches need to be removed, and the headbutt from self-damage that would've killed you should be DRASTICALLY reduced.
Even just a change like that could turn her around quite a bit.

Last edited:

EbrietasSs

La-da-di-dum!
Personally I don't think it's necessary to remove them, as they are probably considered her signature moves by now, just give them the pay off they need. If you gonna trade health every time you use that, at least make it a more reliable switch option and reduce the damage. Getting a self stun after landing a successful GI from B+K doesn't make sense at all, but I'm not sure if that always happens or just if you're too low on health? It feels like going to a store, paying for something and having only a small chance of getting what you paid for and sometimes you get slapped by the cashier xD

they want to make her into a high risk high reward character, but the reward... is just not there. It's more high risk hard work and you get that Hulk pose after JS CE ko as a reward sometimes. Tira smash!

Last edited:

EbrietasSs

La-da-di-dum!
About the self dmg, I would prefer if she just killed herself like in SC5, usually 1 headache on low health = delayed death anyway, but additionally you have to suffer through the animation and the "ughuuegh"

I won some fights on zero health, but I would prefer it to be over quickly if I make a mistake.

GhostTear

[13] Hero
yoooo. does she not get mood changes at the end of the round when she taunts? ive been doing it for a WHILE now and seen not one. she had it in SC5.