Pretty Birdy of Death

D_Matt_Ma

[10] Knight
What’s funny is even if all the changes are true, she still is mediocre. But I’ll take it. I really want to see these new hit animations though.

Violent Vodka

Pick Your Poison
Honestly, these changes sound really good. It sounds like they've really helped Jolly's poke and distance game, which is what that persona is supposed to excel at.

Wid0maker

[10] Knight
Honestly, these changes sound really good. It sounds like they've really helped Jolly's poke and distance game, which is what that persona is supposed to excel at.
I agree, these changes are not flashy on paper but they seem like they will round her out better. They’re more fundamental improvements, and I dunno, having faster movement speed in GS sounds pretty good to me.

Bloodredtyrant

[01] Neophyte
I like what I see! Especially the buffs to JS :6::B::B: and :6::B::K: strings. I guess her JS :4::B: string is meant to be somewhat unreliable. Not any real huge changes, but lots and lots of small changes that could make her mid-tiered. Has the patch landed yet? What time is it supposed to land in the States?

D_Matt_Ma

[10] Knight
The 4B strings for both JS/GS really do confuse me. They are animated so well with clearly lots of thought in them, but they are so poorly designed in terms of tracking and use. Maybe they intended it to just be fun moves for the trailers and nothing else.

Violent Vodka

Pick Your Poison
The 4B strings for both JS/GS really do confuse me. They are animated so well with clearly lots of thought in them, but they are so poorly designed in terms of tracking and use. Maybe they intended it to just be fun moves for the trailers and nothing else.
Tira's neck has always like... stopped existing in GS 4B:B :B, so I mean like.......... that's why she wears neckwear. 😂

Benjafloozy

[05] Battler
Also was just fighting a voldo online who was in mantis crawl doing a forward dash attack, and at the same time i did Updraft B and his dash went right under her before she hit the peak of the jump, and she literallyturned completely around in mid air to hit him after he dashed behind the updraft lol

idk it was just interesting to see

kerrod123

[10] Knight
I agree, these changes are not flashy on paper but they seem like they will round her out better. They’re more fundamental improvements, and I dunno, having faster movement speed in GS sounds pretty good to me.
Thank God they sorted her gs movement out, I thought for some dumb reason it was intentional as gs in sc5 moved slower too and it caused the same issues sc6 gloomy tira has, where you can't dodge moves and follows ups to the extent every other character can, was quite a big issue.

Especially against moves that can quickly be chained into a stance option is 1 example, any other character and jolly tira can dodge the stance follow up if it's not horizontal, usually gloomy tira can't step in time, hopefully she can move as well as everyone else now.

Was a big thing against soul charge moves with an additional hit from the soul charged version as another example too, especially if the 2nd hit is a break attack, jolly tira can block the 1st hit then dodge the second, against a lot of those examples gloomy tira couldn't.

Good stuff :)

Last edited:

kerrod123

[10] Knight
After testing her new stuff it seems the buffs to her moves on block are great, but the buffs on hit are Meh, but atleast on CH on non low buffed on hit moves you are atleast neutral rather than minus now and you can play things safe if you think your 2nd hits of 6a / 6b strings will be countered.
6bk been safe on block is also great.

The changed animations if you hit an enemy on CH with 6a / 6b or GS 3a also help you decide whether to go for a non string follow up if you just use the 1st hits.
Only 1 I'm recognising well enough in fights atm though is the animation for CH 6a because it makes them spin around, unfortunately that 1s only neutral on CH by the looks of it.

Here's what I've found via testing but it might not be totally accurate, if anyone can confirm it would be great :

aaa - SAFE on block - great to mix up with for extra Dmg now since you never get + for hitting with jolly aa or aaa, just neutral frames

66a - +2 on CH - 16 on block
66aa - 18 on block

6b +2 NH +6 on CH, SAFE on block
6bk - Safe on block

6a SAFE on block + 0 on CH , seems to be the same disadvantage on NH as before
6ab - SAFE on block

1k hit on tip - 6 on NH and CH
1b - 4 NH and CH now instead of - 8

Last edited:

D_Matt_Ma

[10] Knight
Not going to lie, but it feels good to be landing with Tira again. Nothing flash or fancy. Nothing practical or consistent. But I’m enjoying it, even with the headaches.