Raphael General Discussion

we'll say it was good here, but in PMs we'll trash the crap out of you!

haHA!

There is a vid somewhere of me dominating Justin Wong with Raph at a tourney...fun fun times hahaha
Jer told me it was 6 rounds of parlor tricks, that's as good as it gets.

We were hungry...that win sealed guaranteed 1st place...booya

Raph DOES win tournies haHA!

whoo hoo i knew he could win

my raph is funky im defenceive one minute then have a huge burst of offense

Use for 6A, 1BB (or 1B), 3A, and 11_77 B

8A+B is good for countering anticipated 2As. Try this set-up. After a blocked VE AA use 8A+B, if your opponent trys to 2A you, they will get JI'd. If they just duck, they still catch the nice damage from the 2nd hit of 8A+B(mid). Don't forget the move has auto GI properties.

8A+B............ catches step to Raph's right, but not his left.... which makes it pretty lame. The aGI window is weird, too.

I like 6K over 2As...it is really reliable

44K would probably work, too...but I dunno...I like 6K

I can't explain the timing but I can describe my method for hitting VE B:B. Upon entering VE from either 22 or B+K, I wait until Raph is standing completely still. Then I press B, then B again after a short duration. I'd practice just doing B+K -> wait -> VE B:B, tightening the B:B until you can hit it near the first frames where Raph completes his VE animation. Then I'd try 22 -> wait -> VE B:B, once again tightening the inputs until 22 -> VE B:B is registered as a natural combo.

8A+B is good for countering anticipated 2As. Try this set-up. After a blocked VE AA use 8A+B, if your opponent trys to 2A you, they will get JI'd. If they just duck, they still catch the nice damage from the 2nd hit of 8A+B(mid). Don't forget the move has auto GI properties.

i was able to GI with 8a+b off taki's 4K. 8A+b isnt just for certain attacks is it?

Hopefully that ghetto 6A into a CH (maybe) 6BBB WILL WIN TOURNAMENTS!

Or the person could just do a move with TC properties.. then it'll do nothing :/

if people are stepping alot be sure to be throw happy with the occasional 66A. IF they're not stepping I usually find its an easy win.

66A is a wee bit slow, not to mention it's high, and has stupid whiffing issues due to step (Which it's meant to stop, lol).

Back