Raphael Top Ten Moves

well since the raph forums dead and I'm bored, I'm putting up a top 10 list for my moves AGAIN RATHER then updating my former one.

TOP 10 RAPH MOVES

1) BB, it's far from the best BB, but it has great range, good spacing on block, which is what Raphael wants.
2) 2A, primary close range step killer, Raphael only good step killer.
3) AB, safe from most(-12), tracking low, good spacing on block.
4) 4B, One of the best High punishers in the game. Raphael's only means of combo damage outside prep/22B/22K.
5) 44B, primary back step tool, 60 dmg on CH, great for oki situations, safe.
6) 3B, Primary prep entry, 38 dmg NH/CH with prep BB follow up, lack of prep entry has excellent push back. Raph's go to mid
7) 6K, Raph's primary TJ, good pushback on everything, safe, body attack(anti asura/crane garbage)
8) 6BB/66B(primary punisher with a prep option, and primary whiff punisher(I NEVER go prep off this). 236B as well, which leads me to another question, which is Raphael's true Whiff punisher, 66B or 236B? I can't figure out which is better.....more dmg from 66B 2a+b combo I believe...)
9) 22B, 60 damage NC with 22BB:B(JF required), safe, can be hit confirmed, and kills step on the opposite side you stepped towards.
10)1A, Raphael's primary low. Good range, tracks 1 side, mostly invisible. This and 2K are your friends.

...o_o....

Honorable Mentions: 66A+B, VE, SEA B, SEB, 22K, WR B/A, 44K, FC 3B(B), 8A+B.

Frames are lost in inputting 236b if it's not a buffer, so as a whiff punisher it's slightly slower, becoming then only as reliable as 66b. Both tech crouch, but heck yes 66b does more damage. Even if you forgo prep K:K and just do 11b. Plus landing the unsafe 66b is more badass, adding to your badass points, which as a Raph main is of course your principal goal.

Which leads to my question: for #8 on your list, which is it? 6bb or 66b? They're somewhat different.

And doesn't K do more damage than 6BB? It has advantage, too.

6B has superior range to every i13 in SC4 thats why. its a pretty great move guess ill make a list i've changed my style so much

1. B/BB-30 is pretty good dmg the range is nice

2. A/AB/AA- A and AB have excellent frames AA tracks both ways

3. 3B my main long range poke

4. 44B you shouldn't need to ask

5. 3K awesome for mid range pressure has the same frames as algol BB.

6.44AB/44A(B) fooking boss only prep transition that is actually good

7.6BB - long range poke hard to react to

8.66B- use it to bait shit at long range also gives good oki options

9. 9K love the hit frames and the FC on block

10.FC 3B just an awesome ranged poke

Anyone whose played me knows I always represent the 44K. I wish I had more offline experience to see if it's awesome offline too.

6K is safer, and for strict TJ purpose...the better option, but 44K plays into Raphael's spacing/step canceling game alot better IMO. Plus the 2b combo damage and a good oki situation for Raphael.

WR(WS)B is a must for Raphael as well. i17, great spacing/SG damage/CH damage, sadly like everything Raphael....it's still easily stepped.

No, it's useful against 8wayrunners, and that's only if you trained them not to duck/TC. Step g stuffs 88/22K easily since it's kinda slow and telegraphed. So stepping vs Raph's 88K is very possible.

I think 88K's a decent move, but due to it being a high, short range(for Raph's spacing game at least), slow, and reliance on scoring a CH, it's not going to be a staple in every match.

Belial, you play Raph offline, vs strong Comp, is Raph prep game still useful at like, a 20/30/40% entry rate? Theoretically, If they step left after every 3b on block, they lose the +14 advantage, and you're still well spaced....and when you play 44AB right, stepping prep becomes a harder option anyway.

I know you're more into that faggot ass generic Samurai loser, but when you bring the fencing vampiric bad ass pretty boy into combat, what's your opinions on what truly works and what doesn't? Like to hear it.

well if you step G its hard to duck...i just know that in some cases it can work >.> i find myself using it in some situations (not often).
If i remember well it should be an i20 doesn't seem s slow to me.
It can be used to punish step whiffs against strings also instead of 33K:B.

It telegraphs, I've had it ducked on reaction before on more then one occassion(online). Step G will block it most likely, leaving Raph at -(not sure exact number) at close range.

It's beautiful on CH, and if you use it at the same time they're trying to 8wayrun, it'll trap them, but there's alot of weakness to the move. Alot of opponents just left step g Raph all day, mixed with some characters powerful TC's, 22K becomes too risky to justify as a staple.

It telegraphs, I've had it ducked on reaction before on more then one occassion(online). Step G will block it most likely, leaving Raph at -(not sure exact number) at close range.

It's beautiful on CH, and if you use it at the same time they're trying to 8wayrun, it'll trap them, but there's alot of weakness to the move. Alot of opponents just left step g Raph all day, mixed with some characters powerful TC's, 22K becomes too risky to justify as a staple.

ITS IMPOSSIBLE online to duck an i20 on reaction......said that won't argue on the remaining....

for the 3k VS 6k, 3k is way shorter ._. when i try to punish i find myself short lot of times with 3k, at close range is better so i use a lot both....
If i am not wrong 3k is harder to step also where 6k is quite easy.

Darkfender....22K is i23, not i20....and the move telegraphs more then any other kick Raphael has except 1k.

It's not impossible at all to duck an i23 on reaction....even online. I understand why you'd disagree darkfender...but think of this:

Raphael 4B and 1A OFFLINE: 1a is i20 and 4B is i22. 1a is considered an invisible low, but ask anyone, and the 2 frame slower 4B is easy to recoginize and duck on neutral. Is it the 2 frame difference that makes 4B so much more vulnerable, or is it the FACT that certain moves TELEGRAPH more then others?

The 3k/6K debate....

3K - i15, great frames on NH/CH, leaves Raph close. Short range. No TJ 6K - i16, Best TJ option Raph has, spaces on everything. Both kicks are easily stepped sadly.

Just to tell you....
I've been testing it from days >.> it ABSOLUTELY WORKS ONLINE at 5bar con against well known players (with offline results >.>).
To tell that online is ducked and telegraphed makes no sense cause it has the proper command to be used after a whiff OR when u expect a whiff.

It can be used after the first whiff of a string to get the CH and huge damage......

I m quite positive it cannot be ducked on reaction offline if used properly at frame advantage....much of this comes from video based theorycraft....it 'll need more testing but for sure i think we have different ways to see how to use that move.

If you use that as an attack tool maybe, if you use it instead of 33K:B on some circunstances...it could work.
It tracks like hell.....

FOR sure it's not a telegraphed move...

changing subjects >.> are you sure 3k is steppable? i think it's 8wrable not steppable.

Btw actually my top ten are:
1) 6k (someone told me liz had a crawling stance lol .... and many other situations its spammable if you don't expect a step)
2) B-BB
3) 44A
4) AB (even if i am not confident with this move >_> i seem to use it well just at frame advantage :< there r too many TC moves out there)
5) 236B punish lot of things.
6) 4 superfast TC
7) 6B
8) 1A
9) 66A+B (heavy pushback for just -2 it's almost an advantage on block paired with raph ranged pokes...quite linear though)
10) 11B at heavy frame advantage

Actually Raph's WS B is one of the few moves that do track in a similiar fashion to Kilik's WS B. If you iWS or delay it a bit its really good. Look at how Kura use it.

yeah it covers raph's right side pretty good (while iWS A will fail at point blank range).

If I'm really stuck with 10 options:
Throw
1A
2A
4A
WS A
B
1B (Standing low)
3B
4B (CF game!)
3K (3K vs 6K is a tough one but I find myself using 3K more)

Disclaimer: List may change

Whenever you think they gonna step, iWR A. That's pretty much it.

But to implement it better, I do random crouches. Think of it like a fake out.

WS A makes Raphael's FC itself a lot better. I mean, any time you're in FC, the move will catch all step, has huge range, mostly safe, and threatens as a mid.
But the move is step-G'able like a bitch. Though if they do step, they have to G it. It's fast enough for that.

That's my view.

But more on that first point. Raphael's FC is pretty versatile, something I didn't appreciate until looking at more other characters.

He's got an i14 high out of it (frames better than 4K), he's got his i13 FC A, his low kick is still there (and G=-14 creating the hilarious situation of replying to FC K with FC K for a force block in the mirror, lol), and he has FC B the frames of which are beautiful, to go with FC 3B to trip up GI or anything slower (not that people are gonna walk into WS B pointlessly).
In short, he can hit on any level and with any timing from FC. Some chars can't do this. WS A lets him stand and get that block, while not getting repelled with anything that would GI the other stuff.

The way I see it, he has enough to make players want to say 'screw it' and avoid with a step if he has +0> in FC, but from there you can do WS A vs. RCC into an entirely different mixup, or backstep. The trouble is of course they, as usual, control all the risk, and will step when you use an FC, and just block your WS A when you telegraph it. I can only hope that my play is just not skillful enough yet to bring out the potential of this strategy.

Oh, on "top ten moves," I only see room for two points of decision in that list. And that's if I think I can do without 3B and B.

So MOVE. REASON:

6BB. You need this move.
6K. You need this move.
A. You need this move.
44B. You need this move.
4. You need this move.

My actual style:

66A - I need this move.
236B - 66A needs this move.
7G - So very, very good. G+7A if the opponent is neglecting TCs.
6A*3K*2K*4K - i15<s. Also, tracking. Also, highs and lows. 3K is just there, I try to savour its plusses and only count on it for being a mid kick.
3B_ - I prefer this to B or BB in most matchups. Even though before hit they're identical, I get B shut down more than my 3B. I must have some kind of pattern with B, I need to kill it. Liking B for punishment or riposte after a poke or whiff. I mostly hate BB, 6K is better.

But could I do without 22B? Could I do without 1B? Where the Hell do I put 1A?
I'm thinking the first two don't apply in some matchups, so that's what I meant by choice.
You need everything. The problem is he's got only one move that does each thing....

Back