Rock General Discussion

Simple question,
(anti-Rock question)

is there any way to do something against 214A:A:A (block or hit) ?
I remember to read somewhere that there is a problem with this move. Am I correct or no ?

On hit you are pretty much fucked up but on block you can try to JI the last hit. It is not too hard actually.

Page, does Rock have to do the JF 214AAA (not the normal and unsafe version) in order for it to be JIable? I can't seem to do it all in training mode, and I'm wondering if it's my inablity to pull off the full JF.

malek: If you do 214A:A:A and it doesn't get block point blank, the last A will whiff which totally sucks. They fixed this in BD already.

eg. U do FC3K and do 214A:A:A immediately on wakeup in the middle of the ring.. Last A will whiff when they stand up and block..

Like what Page said, you can JI the last hit easily after practice and some anticipation..

Insanekhent: Any version can be JI-ed.. Doesn't have to be JF. The JF is basically 214A, on hit/block A, on hit/block A..

Thx.
Yes, I was looking for something like the JI.

It looks like it's harder to JI 4G than 6G...

You can still JI it if it's not the JF version, though I think the timing might be a little different. Once you get this down it basically forces Rock to switch to 2B+K, which is a shakeable stun with nothing guaranteed on block and no step coverage. And this is AFTER they nerfed JF PT in 1.03.

And that's why I consider JF PT to be a gimmick. Or at most, a move you can test someone with, like Mina's 4A+B. If they let you get away with it then go buck wild. If they don't then there's really no reason to ever use it.

Malek... why are you asking us for help? Can't you give us Rock doods a break? Do you really need to dominate us poor pepes too?

Anyways, 214A is NEVER used by me anymore. AT ALL. If someone is spamming it on you, JI it and send them packing.

And actually, there are lots of Rock (as 2nd or 3rd character) in Europe right now.
Pantocator, Keev, Saitoh, Xso, Kawaks, Arnboku, me, ...

I ask for help against him cause I wanna proove Ivy vs Rock is a match up 10-00 or at least 9-1.
And same for Apprentice vs Rock.
But the more I try it always finish 8-2, at least against Saitoh and Panto.
And saitoh use 214A.

I think Rock vs Ivy is 9:1 in favour of Ivy by worst.

Rock loves close combat. Ivy can keep him out with ease.. Rock got no moves that is fast and has great range compared to Ivy's whip and coil. PLUS if the Ivy decides to play throw game with Rock, like just throw all the way, i will say she still have an advantage..

So if Malek's Ivy vs Malek's Rock, Rock's gonna get red in the first round unless he GIs.. Unless u GI, i will say Rock will be in trouble against almost anybody..

Even in match ups where you might consider Rock even, if they can escape throws then Rock isn't going to win overall. He just loses too much damage from every throw escape and has to work so hard to get the opportunities to begin with.

Anyone who's escaping 50% or better vs Rock will win the majority of their matches. I don't know how you'd factor that in to a match up chart other than giving him like a -2 on any match where they're escaping throw properly.

I play no-face's Ivy, and I swear Ivy dominates Rock in ring-outs to the point I have to give up on ring outs in order to stay away form the ring edges.

Once people figure out which throws to escape RO become A LOT harder for Rock. Annoying.

I found another major flaw in Rock's game :/

If your opponent breaks a ground throw and rolls towards Rock afterwards he will be in superTC and go under almost every mid of Rock and even 2K. Then Rock can be whiffpunished easily . Another ground grab or crouch throw while the opponent is rolling forward will whiff or not connect.

If your opponent breaks a ground throw and rolls towards Rock afterwards he will be in superTC and go under almost every mid of Rock and even 2K. Then Rock can be whiffpunished easily . Another ground grab or crouch throw while the opponent is rolling forward will whiff or not connect.

The poor Rock is really cursed haha

Try using 6B+K (body slam) against a rolling opponent. If you use it right after the opponent escapes ground grab, you'll hit opponents rolling in any direction. :) And, you'll get a bit of frame advantage. I think you'll get the most frame advantage if you happen to catch the opponent rolling towards you, but I'm not 100% sure--check it out. :O Even though it's quick, I am not sure if the body slam is 100% uninterruptable against opponents who use while-rising attacks when getting up.

6B+K body slam is also guaranteed after the slow low 2A+K brings the opponent to the ground (I think it's guaranteed; people might want to verify this too :o).

Con of 6B+K. Sometimes, it doesn't connect against opponents who are standing straight up after breaking ground throw.

Please test and verify this :D.

Edit: Don't forget to use any frame advantage you get from hitting grounded opponents by performing a mixup of either slow-low, throw, crouch throw/mid, ground throw, guard crush or do nothing (xP) depending on what you think the opponent is going to do next.

You know, last time I played with Wallace I did 3a+g (RO) and reflexively did the b+k follow-up, rung myself out, and lost the round. So, whatever.

Sorry, but I've had too many self-ring outs :(. I try to avoid 6B+K after 6K like the plague.

So you've tried it already x3. But then just do it when you're not facing towards the edge of the ring.

LOL go page! :D

Back