SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

I'd prefer it if Maxi wasn't gay and avenging his lover, or straight and avenging his lover. I want him to avenge a fallen comrade and dear friend, I feel that sometimes they shoehorn a romantic interest just so they can have someone to kill off, or to have them be the subject of someone's revenge.
Maxi in general needs more story than that. Regardless of what his sexuality is, it seems like a 'meh' basis for his entire storyline if thats all it is. SC to me has always had stories that were characters affected on a much wider scale than just that. I expect something like an entire village or nation to be affected by Soul Edge's existence and something bigger would come out of that. If he only wants to kill Astaroth over that, it seems kind of underwhelming, because then what? Its not like Yun-Seung who wants Soul Edge to defend his country from the Japanese invasions, or Siegfried hunting MIA soldiers then becoming nightmare slaughtering towns. Those are big stories I see SC through. (Or the other side of characters following the gods on big conquests, or being tricked by them still are 'bigger' backgrounds).

If it is true then we don't know if they are "changing" anything because as I said in the original tweets we have no evidence of heterosexuality on Maxi's part, or any sexuality at all, as you yourself have stated, so I'm confused as to what your point was here when we both know that this person was not arguing historical accuracy or statistics but just simply being against homosexuality.
Technically adding sexualities or different relationships to characters over their prior connections not being stated; or having anything significant if at all isn't changing anything, as long as it doesn't conflict with what they consistently show in their personalities (if at all). Like the speculation I read about Voldo being gay. There is a lot of surrounding aspects to his character that would already be like 90% of that question filled if applied. Like his personal servant-like devotion to his master (a male), his provocative costumes, and his zero contact with female characters at all. If he was stated to be gay, it really wouldn't contradict what was already there. Or characters that have no relationships at all but have more supernatural aspects to them being asexual, it wouldn't be out of the question to just simply say that (Zasalamel as my example). With Maxi, his character issue might just be that he has no real character at all and him being 'gay' is bigger than him being a blank slate. His sexuality apparently weighs more because he has nothing else outside it while people already know Maxi and left with their own perceptions of him.

Last edited:
Speaking of shit posting, Can Jaxel please get YODA off the main screen please? He was 2 games ago and nobody ever cared about him. Not representative of SC AT ALL.

The whole tweet just shows that bn twitter is handled by an anime weeb that has a very limited brain to undestand the awesomness of a game like SC

And what do you guys mean by Okubo favorited that tweet?

Last edited:
The lack of respect for IPs in China is mind blowing and hilarious.

I especially like the Overwatch and Counter Strike knock offs.

China%20knockoff%20Copy%20Cars%20-%2006.jpg

If you can't afford a BMW, go to China!

SC to me has always had stories that were characters affected on a much wider scale than just that
We already have characters that affect bigger picture, we also need simplier characters too that show how world and singular fates are affected by SE. Humans are mainly pretty small beings and it's a little ridiculous to have everyone in the cast affect the world as a whole and be connected to deities or some secret organizations. Having a character that has pretty humanly motivation like straight forward revenge is also nice for a change. Maxi is a simple human character and I don't think that this should be changed.
And what do you guys mean by Okubo favorited that tweet?
Exactly that, he liked that tweet.

With Maxi, his character issue might just be that he has no real character at all and him being 'gay' is bigger than him being a blank slate. His sexuality apparently weighs more because he has nothing else outside it while people already know Maxi and left with their own perceptions of him.
Yes, if you ignore his backstory, personality, design, friendships and rivalries Maxi is a total blank slate. Brilliant analysis.

I don't know why people are letting themselves get trolled about this. Maxi isn't going to be gay in SCVI. At least, he's not going to be any gayer in VI than he was in SCI-V.

Maxi in general needs more story than that. Regardless of what his sexuality is, it seems like a 'meh' basis for his entire storyline if thats all it is. SC to me has always had stories that were characters affected on a much wider scale than just that. I expect something like an entire village or nation to be affected by Soul Edge's existence and something bigger would come out of that. If he only wants to kill Astaroth over that, it seems kind of underwhelming, because then what? Its not like Yun-Seung who wants Soul Edge to defend his country from the Japanese invasions, or Siegfried hunting MIA soldiers then becoming nightmare slaughtering towns. Those are big stories I see SC through. (Or the other side of characters following the gods on big conquests, or being tricked by them still are 'bigger' backgrounds).
He needs as much story as anyone else. Maxi's story is just as complex as most other characters, save for the more mainstream ones, because Soul Calibur never focused on storytelling too much, save for SC5, which was a messed attempt. Also, if you love someone and that person dies, you DO want the killer to get punished, it makes a lot more sense than Yun-Seong's stupid idea that he can "protect" his country, despite knowing that it was responsible for much worse things, Yun-Seong never had a complex story, his is incredibly simple even among the rest of the cast: he is an idiot who wants Soul Edge because he thinks he can do good with it, at least Maxi wants Soul Edge for actual murder, which means he is at least more aware of something.

Technically adding sexualities or different relationships to characters over their prior connections not being stated; or having anything significant if at all isn't changing anything, as long as it doesn't conflict with what they consistently show in their personalities (if at all). Like the speculation I read about Voldo being gay. There is a lot of surrounding aspects to his character that would already be like 90% of that question filled if applied. Like his personal servant-like devotion to his master (a male), his provocative costumes, and his zero contact with female characters at all. If he was stated to be gay, it really wouldn't contradict what was already there. Or characters that have no relationships at all but have more supernatural aspects to them being asexual, it wouldn't be out of the question to just simply say that (Zasalamel as my example). With Maxi, his character issue might just be that he has no real character at all and him being 'gay' is bigger than him being a blank slate. His sexuality apparently weighs more because he has nothing else outside it while people already know Maxi and left with their own perceptions of him.
Voldo being gay is not speculation, my dear. Its quite obvious that he was a sexual servant to Vercci, due to the way he moves and dresses, the only way to make more obvious is adding Vercci to the game using a whip as a weapon. And no, like you said, there is no conflict, because Maxi was never hinted to be straight before, and even if it was, it doesn't matter, this is a reboot, they can change anything they choose.

I don't know why people are letting themselves get trolled about this. Maxi isn't going to be gay in SCVI. At least, he's not going to be any gayer in VI than he was in SCI-V.
I fail to see why this would be trolling. Not only this is perfectly possible, but it was leaked by someone who, so far, leaked lots of things that ended up being true

Yes, if you ignore his backstory, personality, design, friendships and rivalries Maxi is a total blank slate. Brilliant analysis. I don't know why people are letting themselves get trolled about this. Maxi isn't going to be gay in SCVI. At least, he's not going to be any gayer in VI than he was in SCI-V.
I smell some sarcasm there. Having said attributes to a character at its most basic concept doesn't give them automatic depth because said simple questions are answered. Also, nobody is getting trolled over it, its a point of discussion until further confirmation.

We already have characters that affect bigger picture, we also need simplier characters too that show how world and singular fates are affected by SE. Humans are mainly pretty small beings and it's a little ridiculous to have everyone in the cast affect the world as a whole and be connected to deities or some secret organizations. Having a character that has pretty humanly motivation like straight forward revenge is also nice for a change. Maxi is a simple human character and I don't think that this should be changed.
If the simple characters have stories on too small a scope, then they end up just being forced to do the same point in their storyline over and over again each game. Small scale characters with a lot of life changing events in their own position fits to me the needed depth that would equate the wider scale things for characters that have smaller interpersonal roles. Pyrrha was a good example of a smaller scale event surrounding a character, but a lot of life changing circumstances within it for the weight. Thats what I liked. Human motivations that are just vague like "wants to get stronger" annoy me because it doesn't give an objective direction for them.

Last edited:
I smell some sarcasm there. Having said attributes to a character at its most basic concept doesn't give them automatic depth because said simple questions are answered.
It does, actually, a character without depth wouldn't have any of that, so his point still stands. Maxi has depth, sure, his is not enough, but as I already said, its just like most SC characters.

this is a reboot, they can change anything they choose
I don't care about Maxi being gay, as it won't really change much about his character aside from his backstory being "comrades are ded - > lover is ded".
But I completely disagree with that particular statement, they shouldn't change characters too much at their core.
SC6 is not much of a straight forward reboot, it's a reboot-of-reboot/reverse-reboot that is created to fix mess of SCV (that was closer to actual reboot).
They could change events and stuff, but characters themselves should stay nearly the same (with only minor changes, like Maxi one).
Pyrrha was a good example
She wasn't a small scale character to begin with just because main servant of SE was controlling her whole life to make her into world's treat #1, aka Nightmare. And becoming such thing is not small scale.
If the simple characters have stories on too small a scope, then they end up just being forced to do the same point in their storyline over and over again each game. Small scale characters with a lot of life changing events in their own position
We could have characters' life and motivations changing with time, like Maxi could actually defeat Asta in SC6, find out that it's all fault of SE/cult creating Asta clones (we don't know with what direction they will go with Asta version of origin in SC6) and then his story will go further being still about revenge and Asta but different from what was in previous game, he could even end up as part of that orden Gro is part of (as Maxi ended up immortal in previous games because of SE and may have anough potential to be Gro's comrade). Maxi will still be a human character with human motivation, but he will be dragged into bigger events because of how it's all gonna go. Unlike Pyrrha, who is daughter of Soph (who is connected to a diety), has SE shard inside her at birth and is controlled by Tira. Pyrrha is "main" character at birth, whose fate is large scale to begin with, while Maxi could stay "nromal human" and still got involved.

Sorry if this seems off topic, but this is the shitposting thread so...

Can I just complain that I hate the mentality that many people have is if Soul Calibur gets any guest character from any game/show/whatever, especially something really popular, mean that people are going to instantly genuinely become fans of Soul Calibur.

Sure, it can raise sells and I do admit that Soul Calibur II pretty much got popular partly because it had Link. Though people would only buy those games because it has a character they like in the game. If they aren't in the next one they will only just ignore it and not even give a fuck about it. I even remember before Soul Calibur V was released that some dude on facebook literally said that if Link wasn't going to be in that game he wasn't going to buy. So... I guess no buy.

Also from later games I honestly didn't see too many Star War and Assassin's Creed fans excited to buy the games at all. The only thing I can come up with is that the guest characters just come from games that attract a different demographic that just wouldn't really be that interested in the games.
Oh gosh, Okubo tell me you're way better than this, yes i'm sure you are.

Well i'd like to think that he was drunk and wasn't aware about what he was doing atm, yes it's confirmed and that's canon, fact.

I will admit that I was going overboard when I said I disliked him for doing that. I guess he is just a fan of those games or he did that to promote it. That was still a stupid tweet though.

CelestialZodiac I doubt anyone really thinks that guests are anything more than quick sale-boost for one game. I never seen anybody having position you talk about.
was still a stupid tweet though
Mainly because of phrasement, which is why they deleted it.
But most probably they just wanted to say "DBFZ is out, go buy it, it's not a time for SCVI yet". It turned out to be pretty rude, but intended message is not as wicked as people see it.

Back