SCIV DLC for SCBD not possible

LAU

[09] Warrior
The release of Kratos pretty much confirms that the chances a SCIV DLC patch will be added on is very slim... unless they plan to add it for just the other character (mustache man)

GOW = SCE product...Sony Product.

wouldn't make any sense if they will release it just for PS3 but not for XBox.... and this time it's not gonna be a yoda/vader scenario.

-LAU

whats to say bamco didnt buy the rights to use him in the game as a whole (not console limited)

seeing as its not a GOW game and sony would be making a good buck from selling the rights for a game specific release then why not??

You shouldn't say it's not possible. It's still very much possible that it might come to consoles, except maybe with Kratos left out. Either that or Kratos might only be left out of the 360 version.

At the very least, instead of bringing the entire Broken Destiny game to console as a new game or SC4 DLC add on, they could just have new characters like Dampierre and the new stages available for DLC, as well as movelist patch from SCBD. Namco already hinted this in a past interview.

i dnt think they will leave kraytos off of xbox 360, seeibg as theyre are going out there way to make everything equal between ps3 and 360

Who knows what NB will decide to do. I know they've dropped hints and all, but technically I think it will be unlikely on the console. I'm dying for an update, but where is the demand outside of our community since ultimately it comes down to how many people are going to buy it and then getting the update across all clients so that the online play isn't broken, because the only feasible way to get DLC out for the game that's not already in the game would be to force a huge patch then charge to unlock the content on it.

I think the likely scenario would be that they will just release a new game for the console instead of patching this one. If they were going to do DLC, they would have done it by now instead of waiting a year later for when people moved onto other games, so we'll see. But just because of Kratos doesn't eliminate the possibility, they could easily replace him with someone else for the 360 or not include him at all.

It will always be better for Namco to add some new content and make casual players buy the game again than to give the hardcore players DLC's or balance patches. I'm not against having Kratos being a character in SC, but not when he reflects the attitude of creating marketing ploys around which the game will be built while things we care about like balance patches are on the back burner. At best, the game will be more balanced version of SCIV with new characters and available for download.

At this point, if anything gets released for console, I think it will be a stand-alone game. They can either leave Kratos just on the PSP, or give 360 some Microsoft character. Although that's reeeaaaallly reaching with the way things look right now.

It will always be better for Namco to add some new content and make casual players buy the game again than to give the hardcore players DLC's or balance patches. I'm not against having Kratos being a character in SC, but not when he reflects the attitude of creating marketing ploys around which the game will be built while things we care about like balance patches are on the back burner. At best, the game will be more balanced version of SCIV with new characters and available for download.
Isn't that exactly what I said with the Star Wars shit came out?

TIME AND MONEY are limited. A company like Project Soul can spend the TIME AND MONEY on balancing the game; which garners a long tail effect of players, but doesn't really effect their bottom line at all... Or they can spend the TIME AND MONEY on putting in Star Wars characters; which gets them an immediate and significant gain in revenue, at the cost of sacrificing the long tail of the competetive community; a community that generates them no income to begin with. We all know what Project Soul has chosen in the past and how they will continue to chose in the future.

Pretty soon we will have Soul Calibur: Disney Adventures. We already got SC: The Force Within, and The Quest for Olympus.

I don't understand why they would rebalance the game for SCBD. Namco clearly stated that it's targeted toward beginners, not serious players.

I don't understand why they would rebalance the game for SCBD. Namco clearly stated that it's targeted toward beginners, not serious players.

Do your homework, idiot.

Noriyuki Hiyama in this month-old interview with the Official Playstation Blog:
We have lowered the entry level for all the players who play the game itself, but having said that, it doesn't mean that we've compromised on the game quality, or the difficulties, or the overall experience of the Soul Calibur game. So, in that sense, it's not just a simple 'downgrading,' or 'making it easy' for everyone to play the game itself, so the team has gone into details and taken the time with fine tuning the game balance. The team has created a game which everyone will be able to enjoy, and everyone will be able to play the game and experience the Soul Calibur universe and actually increase their skills as well. All the traditional features from Soul Calibur such as the critical finish and equipment destructions is going to be in there as well.

I don't care if Kraytos and Dampierre are available as DLC. The only thing I care is the patch that will balance gameplay.

Besides this sounds like a pesemmistic thread to begin with.

If GTA4 could have exclusive DLC content for the 360/PC, then I don't see why not for the PS3 and SC4.

i wouldn't mind paying for 'balance' patch

not sure if there's enough players like me who's willing to pay for it though.

-LAU

i wouldn't mind paying for 'balance' patch

not sure if there's enough players like me who's willing to pay for it though.

-LAU

That wouldn't even be possible unless you were restricted from online play until you bought it. That is like SCIV not requiring you to download the patch to play online. If anything I can see them going the way of MCLA dlc. You can download the expanded map free (balance patch for SCIV), but you must buy the cars/story (characters, stages, etc. for SCIV).

That wouldn't even be possible unless you were restricted from online play until you bought it. That is like SCIV not requiring you to download the patch to play online. If anything I can see them going the way of MCLA dlc. You can download the expanded map free (balance patch for SCIV), but you must buy the cars/story (characters, stages, etc. for SCIV).

perhaps

if i bought patch 1.1 when i play against 1.03 players.. i'll revert back to 1.03.. and i can see who's 1.1 and who's 1.03?

-LAU

Back