SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

Nah, CE is a legit JG punish on Pyrrha's 66B BE which is -17 on JG. Try it out in training, I just did. I recorded Pyrrha using 66B BE and ducking immediately after the second hit impacted and Ivy's CE still punished it every single time. I also tested this the other way round by using Ivy as the training dummy (movement 1: all standing guard, movement 2: CE) and I couldn't duck her CE after a blocked Pyrrha 236B (-18).

It might have been i22 pre-patch, but I'm pretty convinced it isn't anymore.

Before the Patch Ivy CE was 26 frames and the opponent could not duck on frame 22.

After the Patch Ivy CE is 22 frames and the opponent could not duck on frame 17.

At i17 the opponent cannot duck, this is why Ivy can punish moves that are -17 with her CE

This video gives information about Ivy CE.

Oh I misunderstood what you meant by the opponent not being able to duck at i17, sorry. And I didn't notice how the wiki says "invincible [17]". Makes sense now.

Hello Ivy players! What's the match-up between Ivy and Cervantes/Raphael?

Whenever I fight theses two as Ivy, I get the feeling that Ivy might have a hard time against these two. ( could just be me though)

I don't find Raphael too difficult with Ivy, since her stepping game isn't too bad with 22B ~ 2K or 22(B) and it's easy to dodge his verticals. But be careful of his stance mix-ups since it can be mis-interpreted and you can be punished hard for that.

Cervantes however definitely feels like a harder match-up for Ivy since he deals tons more damage than she does, and quicker. My advice for Cervantes is to step away from him and try to poke him but be careful because if he sidesteps a 6(B) then you will most likely get punished hard for it. If you manage to step always try to punish him where possible. Also, be warned that his 3B will beat Ivy's 3B since she cannot tech step it.

Against Raph you can 3B out of the last hit of his 6BBB (or whatever that 3 hit string most Raph players like to spam is) for a full CH launch. If they start catching on and try to mix it up, I'm pretty sure you can 214B everything else except his vertical parry...
Raph is one of the few matchus Ivy has that's in her favor due to her strong tech steps and his lack of verticals with wide hitboxes...

Against Cervy, you can 6B8K punish hs 3B and 6A punish his aB...

Ivy CE will not trade with another i22 move. CE have higher priority so they hit first. TJ move and TC will obviously beat Ivy CE even if they are the same frame wise.

Only time Ivy CE will trade is facing another Ivy who does CE at the same time. Nothing happens and they are both at neutral.

Asta CE will beat Ivy CE if done at the same time, even though they have the same frames.
----

For Raphael 214B is a very good tool to beat most of his prep options. Pay attention to when he has full meter as Ralph CE is a great tool to interrupt. So after a knock down from Ivy be cautious of your wake up game. 2B or 2K or guard and punish Ralph CE with 1B BE or if the angle is right 3B 8B6. If Ralph does 6B BE or Prep B BE before the last hit you can quick step to Ivy left and the punish with 6B+K for 100 damage

For this match up I think its about even.

----

Cery a harder character for Ivy to deal with, mainly because of the damage difference on NH and Cery aB. In this match, punishment is very important as a way to deter them from abusing moves.
Cery 3B, punish with 8B6 K
Cery aB, punish with 6A
Cery 1AB, JG the B and punish with 3B 8B6

In this match you are kinda force to play defensively, because if you become to aggressive in the match Cery auto GI tool become very useful.
Cery A+B, B+K and 22_88K.

This match I would say is 6:4 for Cery.

This is false. CE's can clash with other moves. And so can this one. If Ivy is thrown on the exact same frame it will "clash" and nothing will happen.
It's also possible to hit Ivy just as she grabs you.. I think it mainly works with CEs as well.. You have to be, like, a couple frames from starting your clip right as hers starts. Your little taunty clip will start just after she tries to grab you and you'll hit each other at the same time.
I played around with it to see what the standard CE hit does without activating the attack throws. Most characters have a useful one... and then there's Xiba. He launches in the CE animation, but if only the first hit lands, the other character just stands there and I don't think it's like Tira's CE where she're positive some BS amount of frames when it looks like she's negative.

I've never seen anything like that.. But I've caught on fire from an enemy using an unblockable that was nowhere near close to making contact as I was jumping off the ring.

Ivy has some glitchy things, the amount of times I've had chars pass right through her or her weapon is a joke.
Also doing CS on Cervy when hes about to shoot you with a UB, you get set on fire and stagger just like the CE but no damage.

Also doing CS on Cervy when hes about to shoot you with a UB, you get set on fire and stagger just like the CE but no damage.

This seems to be the most likely outcome when an attack clashes with his CE for some reason. I can't really recall a time I've gotten hit by that while attacking.

Ivy has some glitchy things, the amount of times I've had chars pass right through her or her weapon is a joke.

To expand on this

3(A) has an issue with whiffing close up
6(A) will sometimes not track completely, or whiff if the opponent is close
11A can be stepped. This still baffles me
I think WR (A) has whiffing issues, but if you use this move regularly then you're the one with issues

any tip would help
Learn your punishment. Use 6b8k on anything unsafe. (like 4BA which that trolgol did a million times without being punished. You can actually get a free CE if you block that crap so punish it!)
Jg'ing silly strings like 3BB would be nice.
Duck the second hit of 6KK,
Only use 1B BE when you're 100% certain it connects, it's a easy JG and can easily get heavily punished.
Never EVER use 22B BE. Learn the Just frame as it does more damage and doesn't cost meter.
Learn CS.
Use 3B more often. Also use 22B(Not hold) because it's a safe mid

Back