Siegfried Q&A / General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Dylan, you said that Sieg doesn't have very good options when it comes to hit someone who's on the ground... How about 2KKKKK? Can it be connected with 3B? (I feel guilty for writing that lol - Why so many hate it?) If yes, I believe it's kinda good. If no, it's still cool imo. And I think that he has other options too, after combos though... But Ok, that's the noob talking, you can ignore that too ^^

Christine, 2KKKKK is ok if the opponent sleeps or try's to roll away, but the problem is if they stand up, you are left in an extremely bad situation. its just that, comparatively to the rest of his game plan, siegfried is alot less dangerous versus a grounded opponent that doesnt get up into mixup or tech trap. he can deal with rolling, but thats assuming they even decide to roll. and comparatively to the rest of the cast, excluding his fierce tech traps, and dangerous mixups on wakeup, his oki game vs grounded is really quite average. mind you sieg's oki options do space you, but even if they do, depending on the character, situation, and the player's ability to adapt, this isnt necessarily bad. especially since at that situation, either both sides do nothing, and it resets to trying to pressure the other side into doing something so that sieg can either respace them, or so that his opponent can get in and put fierce pressure on him. or one side does something and it either works, or the other side reacts to it and counters accordingly.

tumblr_llr4jb2Hrf1qj9rzxo1_400.jpg

You people are arguing over nothing tested yet... over a non finished game that in same exact way will be patched a lot in the future... please don't be mad at me but I really tried to keep reading but I found nothing more than WORDS; just WORDS don't make a point for me... if people are happy spamming 3B then let it be...

In my personal case 3B its like 10% of my game; I just got this insane like for stance roulette and B6, while zoning and running like a tennis player...

Just FORGET about all that, WAIT for the game to come out and please STOP posting all those LONG running POSTS!! I just fell guilty to not be able to keep reading all of them!! (I almost pass out for too much INFO MIXED with my own TOUGHTS)

I only have one thing I absolutely want. Give us back SSH A+B. Err... pretty please with sugar on top ?

You people are arguing over nothing tested yet... over a non finished game that in same exact way will be patched a lot in the future...
This the time to make noise if a character is unbalanced. I don't even really care that much about it, Demo-Sieg isn't broken, just a bit OP. Slayer just had a lot to say I had a problem with most of it, lol.

Am I the only one thinking: Leave the testing and the asking for changes to high level players who have ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME? We have patches for a reason. =)

This the time to make noise if a character is unbalanced. I don't even really care that much about it, Demo-Sieg isn't broken, just a bit OP. Slayer just had a lot to say I had a problem with most of it, lol.
this, except
This the time to make noise if a character is unbalanced. I don't even really care that much about it, Demo-Sieg isn't broken, just a bit OP he actually seems to be on a fairly nice balance standard with most of the cast this time around. powerful yes, but by no means OP. Slayer Signiajust had a lot to say I had a problem with most of it, lol.
Am I the only one thinking: Leave the testing and the asking for changes to high level players who have ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME? We have patches for a reason. =)

well not even that, i mean its a new game that we still have so little experience with. i say leave it to the dev's for now, and we can patch it later on when the time comes right? of course if something is very obviously unbalanced, this is still the time to make noise.

Yes - but I think the intelligent thing to do is leave such judgements to people like Pantocrator, or DTN, or any other top level players who are playing the game regularly and maining Siegfried. Not, I repeat NOT from watching videos where you (Or I, or anyone for that matter) are more likely to make a misconception and base theories around what you have seen, not what you know, which is just dumb.
And more to the point, think of all the clutter it saves: no offence meant to either of you two, but Dylan, if you were to indulge Signia fully in a game of theory fighter, not only would you two be arguing over things that we will know ourselves personally two months tomorrow, but this thread will reach page 100 by the end of the week - and YOU are going to have to clear it by yourself when that happens to make room for videos and critique, considering how much Jian has physically contributed to this SA so far. >_> (Though I'm sure he'll make it up come release, it would be nice if he at least posted on the SA a couple of times... Ever...)

If you've got an issue with balance in certain moves/situations, it surely belongs:
A. In Siegfried general discussion.
B. In a PM discussion with somebody like Panto to get a second opinion with experience and who is in a good position to pass on said concerns to NAMCO directly, rather than spamming twitter/facebook etc. etc.
C. On Daishi's twitter (if he can spot it through the torrent of OMFG PLZ PUT DIS CHAR IN!!! even though the roster will be finished by now XD)
Its important, the last thing any of us wants is another Hilde, but there are more productive ways to address these concerns than clogging a thread NAMCO reps are unlikely to see, let alone read, if that makes sense.
I just don't see how the above discussion directly relates to the viewing of video's involving SCV Siegfried and critiquing them. It's all well and good now, but come release, you'll have to nuke this thread and having theory battles outside of PM's is just making your job more tedious when the time comes. =/

I might be a bit of a troll generally, but SA's at this point in time are serious business and I'm trying to look out for you, believe it or not, lol.

no, no, ur right, i'll move this all to general discussion. lol i really didnt think of it synraii, but ur right, that's where this discussion belongs.

EDIT: well, now at least the general discussion thread has a nice healthy start ^-^

Its important, the last thing any of us wants is another Hilde, but there are more productive ways to address these concerns than clogging a thread NAMCO reps are unlikely to see, let alone read, if that makes sense.
Make a character as BROKEN as SC4's Hilde is clearly impossible... the only way to do that is changing 3D to UB(at his current frame speed); in most cases to me Hilde is the most BROKEN character I ever see in a game that people play competitively... MVC3's Fenix needs 5bars and Xfactor to have a least 75% of the BROKENESS SC4's Hilde have...

In other regard the waiting is killing me right now... as the release date approach in the calendar I feel my Anxiety Syndrome worst... without pointing that I'm gonna have to "look" for another PS3 in order to keep running after my 24hours marathon of SCV that I will do the first time I put the BD in the BD tray...

oh guys...please dont start with the hilde brokenness debate...that one's not even as fun as a 3B debate...
[notice]nor does it really belong in a siegfried Q&A general discussion thread...[/notice]

Siegfried's 3B is good as is now... is still punishable and stepable; Namco choose to make this move his best poke move so he can use it a lot... to me is good cause a lot of Siegfried's players like this move and will like this game much more if they can have a usable poke weapon... I guess this feature will be available for most characters in the game; to me right now the best change in Siegfried's new gameplay is SSH B and 8WRBB, giving him so much multihit options that are really better than the old A+B... the new animation for SRSH K is really tricky and fast, the punishment is low damaging as always, and the resulting SBH transition is really helpful to raise the pressure rate...

In the TGN finals I saw Milan doing JaGA and that really impress me; in fact this visual confirmation maybe will be flashier and easier than before, so I'm pretty excited; his game pace is now violent and relentless, in some give me some goosebumps watching and thinking about all the ways I will use this in February 2012...

If players start complaining about Siegfried's been upgraded to a more powerful character then they will be candidates to be part of the Siegfried's Haters Fan Page on Facebook that will be up after our league of SuperPowered Heroes have our hands on the next installment of the game.

Alright so after I got to play SC5 a numerous times I played around quite a bit with siegfried. He is really good this game, and I had a blast with him. Here are some things I`ve found so far.

Legend- BE= Brave Edge

Though his SCH A+B is gone, his CH 3B,B is very damaging
His RSH A+B is now a horizontal high that looks similar to SC4 BH A
RSH K now leads into BH and the combo is RSH K, BH B. If you delay the BH B, it tech traps.
4A now looks like the A in SC4 66KA, looks like it has the same effect as the SC4 4A
BH A+B, is the second low in WS A,A.
88_22B is a quicker version of B4
66K,BE, 88_22 B combos or you could go into SCH B and that would work too
Tip range of 3B guarantees SCH B on normal hit
88_22 kA is slightly more difficult to do (when you do the fake into the low you flash like you did a JF)
JagA seems to have the same difficulty
SC4 4K is now 6K
4K is now the headbutt
4B is a quick hilt hit, on CH it knocks down and it looks like 3B is free afterward
WS B,B is free
22_88 A is a mid horizontal that looks like a mid version of SC4 66A, appears to be safe and ICE says it tech crouches as well
66A auto-parrys Horizontals
SCH B can no longer be held for a Guard Break
Since you can no longer do SCH kB without using BE, I now use CH 11_77 B*, stance transition to BH B. They might be able to get up and block but if they tech they are going sky high. If you want you can spend meter and do SCH K BE.
His super seems safe since it pushes them away and reaches all the way across the screen dong roughly 1/3 of their health.
When opponent is grounded, 1A,A no longer tech traps
I was told that ground throws are actually considered throws now and cant be blocked but I cant confirm this.

I`m sure there are more but this is all I can think of off the top of my head. Cant wait for this game to come out.

Safe, tech crouching, tracking mid in 22A? I saw ICE abusing that, looks amazing

NH 3B tip guarantees SCH B? A spacing Siegfried will be so strong!

I wonder how fast 4B, the quick hilt attack is, and if it can interrupt 2A after they block agA, since 3B can't.

22_88kA is an irritating nerf imho - mixing it with A was a really good pressure tool in my own gameplay when poking it out =/

Signia- Yea since after being hit with a 3B at tip range, the opponent will fall backwards and I always got 3B after.
Heaton- Since I always did the 22-88 version I havent tried that version, I would assume it would be the same difficulty that way but I dont know for sure.

I also noticed it might be more beneficial to use moves that stun and not go into a stance afterward (ie ch 11-77 B or 66K BE), atleast all the time anyway. the reasoning behind this is cuz sieg will get a super afterward and I think the reward is better but as far as the risk factor is concerned I`ll leave that up to you guys. I say it all depends on the opponent.

A future pain in the ass for sieg IMO is going to be Viola. She seems she can toss an energy ball across the screen and it will stay there until she orders it elsewhere. (For those that play League of legends, shes orianna). I havent seen much or her but anyone that can threaten siegs range game I always see as a threat but we will see later on.

Now with all those good things being said about sieg, what do you guys think about the GI part of the game. I always though what made sieg a contender was the players ability to GI close range opponents, put the opponent on defense mode, then back to the range game. Now that GI cost meter, there will def be much less GI opportunites available unless you do not plan on using BE or supers, which case make him less of a threat. Get that block game up fellas and get that spacing just right cuz now that ralph looks good and of course the siblings, we need something to keep them out of our face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back