Siegfried Videos

this is a video of my sieg noobness:

SCIV Hell-bottom(Sieg) vs MLOOTS (Cervantes):

the guy playing cervantes didn't give me permission to post it since he played this matches half-assing but i couldn't pass on the opportunity to show him losing horribly, i'll post the rematch later.

-this is another vids showing sieg:

SCIV Hell-bottom(NM) VS D.H(Sieg)

part 2 (with sound+missing 1st 2 rounds)

i'll record better matches, thx for watching.

What I noticed from the sieg player is
need to learn sieg's hold transition
practice his combo ( I saw he miss some combo opportunity to deal a better damage )
fight with nightmare more :)

move i suggest to use
Aga
B4 ( for oki )
B6
WS B for punish

I think that's all

I didn't play my sieg for almost 1 month
after I saw my latest video....

Cupui ( Sieg ) VS Frozenfang ( Yoshi )

looks like my style has changed sigh...:(
any comment or suggestion ? :)

i think your style has changed to the better, it happens to everyone when the level of competition gets higher and higher you can't keep the roulette rolling all the time.
maybe you noticed but you can't do the same stuff you used to do in your older videos because the people you are facing became more aware of sieggy.

hi this is some Siegfried videos
sorry if the music sux but i only see it fitting to put such music in a big swords fight (Claymore) any advices is appreciated i'm the one on the left.

part 1

part 2

@hellbottom

saw both of them
I like your sieg :)

when you in close distance 2_8 B is unsafe on block you gotta carefull using this

I think 2_8kA variation will be good and safer on close distance
2_8ka2A is also good low poke and safe

You throw so many 3B...well your opponent is sieg so that's okay.
but u should take a note that 3B is no longer abuse able and can be interupted
maybe it's a personal preferences but I like abusing Aga better than 3B

i think that's all

for missed some combo
it's just a matter of time
for you to get used to it and not missed it

sieg on the right need to learn a lot from your sieg :)

PS : are you japanese player ? for some reason I'm japanese player's fan LOL =P

thanx alot for the compliment ^^ yeah sieg vs sieg is always different and fun, about Aga yeah i abuse it but not alot in this match.
about 2_8 b thats one of the bad habits i picked while playing online, i quit online now it makes my offline play alot worse. thx for noticing :) 3b is cool versus characters who can't interrupt you and still very usefull from mid range if you know your opponents moves.
i'm a fan of indonesian players gogo cupui!

This was my match against Serge who got 2nd in the tournament, I lost this match but it shows sieg can stand up to X

This is my match against nelson from NJ

man....
good sieg
SO this is how you should play sieg on tournament :)
thx for posting
wish I'm that good

I think I should start using 11B
for punishment

Kpc... Good Stance transition sequence, its make very hard to read your next move; but I feel like you were nervous on those matches, first you never do SCH A+B after CH 3, and that something that most of people fails when they are nervous or afraid...

I know playing in a tournament can be a lot of pressure to you, but you must be quiet and concentrate yourself more than any other player cause you are using one of the most vulnerable characters in the game, and you cant keep yourself "hitting the air" or giving free hits to your opponent.

Keep concentrate and focus yourself to win unharmed; concentrate more and more to focus on do it the more damage possible in every chance, and practice to scape without any scrap from the opponent deadliest traps.

That's the simple way to win. The hardest one needs a lot of luck.

-Stryker-

Theres no 3[A] for Sieg, neither B1 nor 3AA.
Furthermore you advise kpc to use a parry (high risk, low reward) in situations where he has the advantage. Parrying crybaby? Use 8B or 22_88B and be done with that biatch.
Serge interrupting your moves with fast mids on reaction? Use moves that he cant interrupt on reaction.
WS AA(2) is used for longrange anti-step/retreat coverage, not mix-ups and tis how kpc applied it. When they start doing jump mids to punish the 2nd/cancel kpc can start going to SSH from WS [A] and beat their attack with 2_8B+K, SSH K or - in rare cases - SSH A+B.
And please refrain from calling players easily readable just from watching a vid.
22kA however shouldve been used. Apart from that I agree with Strykers points.

I too agree with stryker especially on the nervous part. I never really got high in a tournament bracket before and my match with serge was winners semis and not to mention I have problems with X and Cassy since no one in my state plays them so yea I was nervous as hell. I usally love to use 22_88 ka but since these guys have lots of sieg practice (I've been playing him since 3 and mainly played these guys) they interrupt the transition between ka and ssh-(anything), atleast KDZ and a few others did so thats why I dont abuse it against them.

as for not using SCH A+B, yea that was all nervousness as for a few other mistakes but you guys get the gist.

Warble- never have a once did the entire WS A,A in that vid, in the rare occasion that I do the 2nd A in that combo I like to cancel and have different options if I feel the opponent wont try to interrupt, trust me, I know my character and I know whats safe and unsafe.

Thank you for the advice fellas, hope to play you guys one day.

Removed tricks and treats from thread. Wow, you make me not care about this forum even more. @kPc I've played Siggy since 1 you have no idea how to use him. Period.

Set up your JI's, no you don't know your character well enough kid but I didn't want to state that. Buuuut you made me say it. You do not know how to parry or repel. Congrats on making me seem dick because I have to state the obvious about your "supposed" high level play. I love how internet critiques, even when given gently, always turn into contests of who can be the bigger dick. "trust me" uhhhh great justification there kiddoooo

I don't think its very justified to say someone doesn't know a character well based on 2 match videos. You have to consider that this was a tournament setting, kPc was nervous, and probably didn't feel comfortable trying to use repel or parry which carries a risk.

tournament has a different aura
it's very2 different with a casual play

In tournament generally people play safe and simple
for one purpose, to win
and they avoid take a risk using unsafe move
why? because they don't want to get hit ,make a mistake and lose

in casual play it doesn't matter u win or lose
maybe it's not a big deal tho...

and yes...
nervous is your main enemy on tournament
nervousness can reduce your game play performance :)

Removed tricks and treats from thread. Wow, you make me not care about this forum even more. @kPc I've played Siggy since 1 you have no idea how to use him. Period.

Wow.
Warble, did you just get your feelings hurt because his advice wasn't accepted?
Did you just blame the forum for it, too?

Advice is called "Advice", and not "Orders",
because it's up the recipient to either say "That sounds good", or "That sounds bad".

For someone who's played this game since Soul Calibur One to react like that...
Whatever, KPC is a tournament player that can either make his own smart or idiotic decisions.
You getting hurt over it won't change that.

It might not matter to you though, since "This makes you not care about this forum anymore".
Just letting you know.

Btw, that first line you said makes you look... ignorant.
....And the biggest dick.

Congrats. You won the internet.

Yes, putting tricks and treats in a post 2 days before halloween and then being bashed in multiple posts for it makes me sad at the forum's users. Especially since they were such sweet, sweet treats, and I specifically stated it was tricks and treats. But not anymore! Because I will parry at the highest level in tournaments as opposed to you who get nervous and won't I have more moves available to me (because of protection that JI now gives). But you just don't want to believe it I suppose.

Back