Skins/Header Images

I think we should forego the contest and just commission ExM to make all the skins for the site. ;P

I would attempt one but I know anything she makes will be ridiculously awesome.

Updated logo, will refine it if you guys like it

8wrcz0.jpg

Banner with logo

bannerkt9.jpg

ExMachina, that's pretty much exactly what I had in mind (except that the dark version has Soul Calibur in it instead of Soul Edge).
It's nice to be your inspiration.
At least I'm gonna pretend I am, no matter what you say.
:D

-Since I'm a retard this is my final attempt at getting this image up-

Here is my Logo idea, if anyone likes it and wants to make something that actually looks GOOD with it (As I have no artistic talents what so ever) Please do.

Attachments

• 8WR.jpg
    8WR.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 228
Updated logo, will refine it if you guys like it
Banner with logo

bannerkt9.jpg

Center the 8WR in line with the SoulCalibur and it's top tier.

Change the font to the same font used in the "SoulCalibur" part and it's GOD tier.

I like this banner the most; Good stuff!

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. PlayBoy, the contest is good because it makes developing this site a community project since this is a community based website. For those individuals who don't win the skins other skins can still be used on the site but the the main one for the contest will be used to skin the entire site. We can have different skins for different sections. Also, the contest is pretty much a way to see what graphic artist want to take on the project of skinning the site but there is a lot more to do with the site so all graphic artist will have some things too do

PlayBoy - when are going to play with us. We are having gatherings at my house every Wednesday. Come on baby!!

Playboy: Lol, I appreciate the kudos, but no one person has enough steam to do all of the graphics for a project this massive. :p I was planning on making a skin anyways, healthy competition's always a good motivator to get the creative juices flowing.

Anyways, here's v 0.03...

Changed the position of the Userinfo/Login box, as Jaxel recommended, and tweaked the dark skin to have a Soul Edge logo, per Black_Dragon and Hades's input.

Question for everyone: Do people prefer having the forum categories separated (like above) or do you prefer one table for all of the categories (like the current layout and below)?

I suppose a submission won't kill me.

Eclair: Something about your logo doesn't sit right. I would try making the "8" less hourglass shaped, just to see if it makes a difference. (Maybe use the left half of the "R" and duplicate/flip-horizontally to make a more rectangular shape.) The "WR" already looks great.

ExM: The only critique I have of your submissions is that I don't really like the awkward color and positioning of the number "8".

DFG: I haven't had much time to actually play the game so I was kinda avoiding any gatherings until I could feel more comfortable with the new Ivy, lol.

These skins are lookin quality guys! I'd make an attmpet if I had a clue how to use Photoshop lol :)

@ExM... combined table for all forums... less scrolling... and people have already been bitching about scrolling with the New Postbit Model.

And hey... the New Posts, No New Posts, Closed Forum icons... Would it be possible to make it so that instead of both No New Posts and Closed Forum being grayed it, to only gray out the closed forum? Simply have the No New Post icon to have no green blocks in it (with normal colors)?

@Jaxel: Like so?

So I guess this makes v 0.04, with a new logo to boot.

8wrtexturedlogorm4.jpg

@Playboy: I know the new logo sticks out more than before, but it's modeled after the SC4's logo in terms of coloring/material as much as possible... I did scoot the 8 up a bit to try and make the positioning less awkward.

ExM... looking great... can you line up the right side of the Welcome Block to the right side of the "Flashchat" button? (yes, I'm OCD)

Great work ExM.

Is this is better than my previous.

8wraw1.jpg

Anyway, I'm conceding to that logo. Great work once again.

If by chance you need any soulcalibur image at a resolution of 4000x4000 then i can hook you up.

This is more of a promo than a banner

promosmallkm3.jpg

This is all good stuff you guys are making. I kind of like the darker stuff better it just matches the Soul games better atleast in my opinion.

@Jaxel: Like so?
8wrtexturedlogorm4.jpg

Perfect.

Not feeling your actual site layout, but your logo is perfect.

Your logo + Shen Yu's image-changing-when-hovering-over-an-option banner + light (sig and sc theme, white/blue) and dark theme (nm and se theme, black/red) = win. imho.

If I knew how to program in vB, I'd make some designs...

Oh, well. Keep up the good work, people!

Ex, I am loving that logo. Liking the Dark, soul Edge version as well. Very Nice. Loving the idea's coming together here. It's kind of exciting seeing this community gtet built from the ground up. :)

Back