Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

You can definitely change race and gender whenever you want, as well as equipment and style.

As for transferring a created character I don't know, seems like a lost opportunity if you can't transfer back and forth but then again I'm not sure that was an option in 3 with the CaS game mode either.

Honestly there's allot of very simple obvious no brainer options PS seems to just not consider so I wouldn't put it past them.

That's great that those changes can be made at least during libra.

Yeah a lot of these things are definitely no brainers. All they need to do is make CaS "global" whereby it can be accessed in all modes except the main chronicles story. But on second thought I guess it contradicts progression and unlocks to have a fully fleshed out character design right at the start of Libra, because then there wouldn't be any added incentive to play it.

Yeah a lot of these things are definitely no brainers. All they need to do is make CaS "global" whereby it can be accessed in all modes except the main chronicles story. But on second thought I guess it contradicts progression and unlocks to have a fully fleshed out character design right at the start of Libra, because then there wouldn't be any added incentive to play it.
Well one way to get around that is to strip off any equipment that you don't have in libra

I just checked and you cannot transfer characters from or to chronicles of the sword mode in SC3 so... yeah. Hopefully that's something they thought about for 6 cause that would suck if you have to remake the character whenever you wanted to transfer

I just checked and you cannot transfer characters from or to chronicles of the sword mode in SC3 so... yeah. Hopefully that's something they thought about for 6 cause that would suck if you have to remake the character whenever you wanted to transfer

Perhaps when you first start libra after putting the game in for the first time you have limited equipment until unlocked or purchased through the achievement/libra shop interface, then all future new libra games you start would have this equipment unlocked from the get go due to the previous play through.

But yeah it would be a shame and like you said, a missed opportunity if you can't start a libra campaign with a pre-made character.

That's the reason why you can't import a character to Libra of Soul, yes, because presumably, equipment is going to have stats like they did in SoulCalibur IV, but only in Libra of Soul, like weapons have stats and effects, only in Libra of Soul. It was said that equipment and weapons both would be level restricted in Libra of Soul, and it would make sense why if the higher level stuff has better stats and abilities.

That's the reason why you can't import a character to Libra of Soul, yes, because presumably, equipment is going to have stats like they did in SoulCalibur IV, but only in Libra of Soul, like weapons have stats and effects, only in Libra of Soul. It was said that equipment and weapons both would be level restricted in Libra of Soul, and it would make sense why if the higher level stuff has better stats and abilities.
there's still no reason to not let you copy the body data of a character and forgo equipment and weapons. all that stuff is saved and a transfer feature could just load certain values and ignore others

I'm guessing I can't use the younger looking faces and have a beard, right? Last I checked, facial hair isn't a separate slot and it's usually tied to the older faces.

I'm guessing I can't use the younger looking faces and have a beard, right? Last I checked, facial hair isn't a separate slot and it's usually tied to the older faces.

Seems unlikely. :\

Soulcalibur 6 Gameplay Showcase - Gamescom 2018 [VDownloader].mp4_snapshot_02.24_[2018.09.26_0...png

There look to be two or so more rows, but I'm thinking those will just be the rest of the SCIV faces and the few they added in SCV, with probably no additions from SCVI. For whatever reason, they haven't modeled many faces from the ground up for this game.

Best you can probably do is the thin beard on the second face. Maybe you can wrangle up something half decent with the extra items. We'll see.

I was really hoping they'd get facial hair right this time, but it seems like they're sticking too close to SCV's foundation. At least the faces look nice in the new engine.

A very in-depth look at CaS for female characters. There's a lot of stuff we haven't seen before (NEW VOICES!!!):

EDIT: This guy uploaded a male CaS video too.

Kinda sucks how certain races have no gender option. Oh well.

At least randomly-generated equipment is now color-coordinated.

Hope there’s more unlockable...

Still the new male voices seem a little bit too old-ish in general. Cold assassin will have to do for my main OC.

But we still don’t know what battle comments are.

Last edited:
Gotta say, that is some awe-inspiring music they got going on in CaS. Nothing else better to boost my self-esteem and my ego when I'm making stupid things in that mode.

so it looks like only lizardman, malefic, darksider, and malfested(fully transformed) are gender locked

mummy and automaton are still a mystery but I don't see why mummy would be considering it's just a full body suit with a bandage texture. the more questionable one is the automaton

I imagine Libra will unlock more stuff to buy.

Hopefully. But what's worrying is that the demonstration shows certain items already selectable that need to be paid for with the game money which may suggest everything we see selectable here is all the base game has. Hope I'm wrong.

Back