Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

Hopefully. But what's worrying is that the demonstration shows certain items already selectable that need to be paid for with the game money which may suggest everything we see selectable here is all the base game has. Hope I'm wrong.
III and IV were the same, some items were up to be bought as soon as you boot in the game, then in CoS and ToLS you unlocked more stuff to buy.

Correct, its hard to explain but basically what i'm wondering is if there is a way to color edit the standard model without changing or downgrading it in any way. This all came to mind when i was thinking of Soul Charges and how color editing would work with that... if at all. Example being Taki's tatoos. Will they still show up if her suit is any other color? Will Kiliks appearance and hair still change if i already colored his hair something else? That is what i'm wondering.
I wasn't aware recolouring the outfits downgrades their textures but it makes sense with how it works. All the textures are in DXT format which is a lossy format. SC4 applied new colours while rendering, but SC5 used a different method. In order to save on rendering time, SC5 generated new textures with the new colours while loading a character. This meant saving rendering time, but it makes sense as it also resulted in worse looking textures as it gets encoded to DXT again. You can compare it to saving a JPEG image twice, that does no favours to the image quality.

Anyway, I really doubt they would have done this with SC6. I imagine they went back to applying the colours during rendering, which I think is the most common way of applying custom colours in games.

Seems unlikely. :\

There look to be two or so more rows, but I'm thinking those will just be the rest of the SCIV faces and the few they added in SCV, with probably no additions from SCVI. For whatever reason, they haven't modeled many faces from the ground up for this game.

Best you can probably do is the thin beard on the second face. Maybe you can wrangle up something half decent with the extra items. We'll see.

I was really hoping they'd get facial hair right this time, but it seems like they're sticking too close to SCV's foundation. At least the faces look nice in the new engine.

The first face has nothing just like the last two games and unless there's more black faces, there's no beard for the third one either. At least they look nice like you said. I hope we get a lot of modern stuff like baseball caps or hoodies. Something to distract from that.

Only Groh equipments are unisex.
thonk.png

That kinda sucks if its true. I expected most of it to be unisex. At first thought it may seem a bit off to have males wearing a lot of the female clothing but i think there is actually a way to get a somewhat acceptable version for almost everything on men. It may just have to be adjusted a bit. Ivy's body suit on males wont leave a pleasant image but then if you really think about it, its probably not much different than some of the outfits Voldo has had. Lose the heels and any flowery/feminine designs and that is more or less similar to his costumes.

I would guess that it's a piece of extra equipment
Haven't thought about that, but it's most probably the thing!
I mean, it doesn't look that we can redact anything about normal equipment outside of color (and this one is placed backwards on the screenshot) and this piece is not seen among helmets, so it only makes sense that it's an extra one.

Haven't thought about that, but it's most probably the thing!
I mean, it doesn't look that we can redact anything about normal equipment outside of color (and this one is placed backwards on the screenshot) and this piece is not seen among helmets, so it only makes sense that it's an extra one.

That... sucks because it has been one of the chief indicators of unisex equipment.

I was especially hoping Raph's equipment was unisex. That stuff would've looked great on a female character
One thing though, we got two voices that I was really hoping for for a long time. A crazy female voice and a feminine male voice. Though I wish they had given us an older female voice.

Hmm, not too big on how stuck-together some of the 1p parts are. Capes stuck to torso armor, boots stuck to pants, etc. Limits some of the use of those parts.

I think I saw at least one SC4 equipment pop up during the male random equipment segments. The old black samurai gauntlets. Actually, hitting random select seemed to equip parts not obtained yet? Dissapointed there's just 3 extra equipment slots. The extra layering i thought was there just turned out to be new underwear with added gloves. Still a decent new option. Only thing left is to see about stickers. If you can scale width and height of a sticker separately, that would be a huge boost. But right now I'm expecting it to be just like SC5.

I wonder if the weirder races can still select the normal voices. It defaults to alien/demihuman/lizardman, but the voice category is still lit up, suggesting you can make another choice. Or maybe it's just the pitch/tone/etc. tweaking.

Last edited:
Still a lot of the same kind of not even trying that we always get with these videos, but this showed some fun things.
For one, face paint can actually be put on standard characters now, as can stickers on their body I believe. There are indeed some new equipment, most notably the Smith's Vest and Savannah Dress (that I kept yelling at them to pick and was so frustrated that they didn't). There's also the Cultist Robe and the jacket next to that.
Battle Comments seem to be as boring as I feared they'd be so that's not so fun.
I also noticed that return of the Goth Skirt from SC4, which indicates that more from SC4 might be coming back.
I'm positive we'll be getting a lot more unlockables tbh. Especially with the presence of Tira's leotard and Hilde's 2P hair from SC5. It'd be strange for those to be the only SCV character equipment to be brought back.

And sidenote, I'm liking the new textures of some of the returning equipment. Like how the stilettos are now glossy and whatnot.

I think they worked at least in part on the bulkiness issue.

I'm hoping we will get some more things to unlock to buy. Also, Tira's SCV piece is named cursed bird. Which sounds interesting, I hope the whole set is in the game.

Back