Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

In this video, they have subtitles turned off for Soul Chronicle (which is a little funny looking considering its graphic novel style layout). They also have the subtitles turned off during story battles, where normally you'd still see it on the bottom of the screen while they're talking.

So this is what I got after counting every armor piece that we can currently see.
per category/total (males will list only what is unique to them for simplicity)
-Head- 29/29
(M) 4/33
-Face- 14/47
(M) 2/49
-Torso (Inner Layer)- 23/72
(M) 13/85
-Torso (Middle Layer)- 45/130
(M) 12/142
-Torso (Outer Layer)- 16/158
(M) 2/160
-Lower Body- 20/180
(M) 9/189
-Hips- 14/203
(M) 8/211
-Neck/Back- 19/230
(M) 5/235
-Arms- 23/258
(M) 9-12?/270
-Shoulders- 13/283
(M) 9/292
-Legwear (Inner)- 7/299
(M) 0
-Legwear (Outer)- 20/319
(M) 9/328
-Extra- 27/355

everything past this point I think isn't factored into the 370 number that was floating around, if someone could link me to that it would be appreciated as I want to see the context. I couldn't find footage of the male arms bottom rows to compare to the females so I guessed based on how many rows there are left but that should be approximate... I don't like this if the 370 number is true, that would mean almost no unlocks or something else isn't being factored in that should be

-Hair- (F) 29(M) 36

-Patterns-
(1) 18(2) 22(3) 15(4) 13(5) 20
-Stickers-
(1) 10(2) 51(3) 59(4/scars) 8(5/dirt) 5(6) 56(7) 56

Feel free to correct me if i missed something or got something wrong as I might have messed up, i'm a bit tired. I used
as the references

I've always found it weird how often there's more dress options for men than women.
There does seem to be more in certain areas

really where most of the extra stuff comes from for the males is that they get to use the main roster stuff so they get twice as many parts as the females do by default. the girls get some nice middle layer and inner layer stuff though

I notice most of what’s missing is head and face wear.

Also as mentioned a circlet and tights for women.

Please let there be unlockables. We got old hairstyles back. Why not more items?

There does seem to be more in certain areas

really where most of the extra stuff comes from for the males is that they get to use the main roster stuff so they get twice as many parts as the females do by default. the girls get some nice middle layer and inner layer stuff though
Well this certainly adds more oomph to argument for more even genders for the characters in game if not having an even split will skew the game even further in favor of one gender. Skewed for plot reasons is one thing but having that skewing result in also penalizing other game modes like CaS is another.

Since it looks like you can’t hold down a button to choose win poses or quotes, I hope they’ll at least fit. It’d be funny to have a Cynical Sophie mention she’s hungry while doing the prayer.

So I was thinking on it. the season pass specifically says "armor packs"

If we are getting strictly armor pieces for the DLC that would average out to 7 per category if they are gender neutral and if there are exactly 100 pieces with a remainder of 9

It's likely that underwear and socks would get smaller amounts as they would most likely not be gender neutral or at least women could wear the male version but not the other way. Maybe 3 socks for women, 1 for men. 4 underwears for women, 2 for men.

I'm not so certain if they would add more "extra" items but 7 of those would be fine and i can't remember if V did, there could be a few stickers or face paints like with V if it's not just armor however I do think we will get some hair pieces from at least the DLC characters since they should be customizable which would imply that their armor would be available too as well as tira since when editing the main roster they are already wearing their outfit but that would imply more that the characters themselves come with their CaS parts unless for some bizarre reason they can't be edited or just don't have their equipment for whatever reason.

Last edited:
The 370 number comes from the official page and famitsu article actually, a estimative.

It is not a bad number all things factored.

Sue me, the possible lack of parts is almost just as bad as the 20 character/11 stage panic. And it’s reused stuff which may also be DLC.

Sue me, the possible lack of parts is almost just as bad as the 20 character/11 stage panic. And it’s reused stuff which may also be DLC.
It isn't great if my count is correct... I'd love to know how many armor pieces V launched with, and how many it got after dlc cause at the very least if we end up getting more after the fact I'll be less annoyed as I planned on getting the season pass regardless.

It sucks that almost a fourth or fifth of the roster and customization is DLC and that we have to pay half the price of the game to get that content but if it's good content it's not that big of a deal to me, if it will prove to bamco that people want soulcalibur and a soulcalibur that has lots of content I'll gladly throw 90 bucks at it.

I'd advise people to at least look into some third party sites like GMG or fanatical to get the best deal they can though as I do believe that PS is trying their best to give us a quality product and I don't want them punished cause of bamcos shitty practices. If they would have been given the time and budget that tekken was given VI could be an entirely feature rich product... but then again tekken story, single player content, and DLC practices haven't been the best either.

Idk, bamco just wants money they don't really care about their IPs, Fuck bamco

It isn't great if my count is correct... I'd love to know how many armor pieces V launched with, and how many it got after dlc cause at the very least if we end up getting more after the fact I'll be less annoyed as I planned on getting the season pass regardless.
I've heard two numbers on that regard:
320- This one comes from 8wayrun
280- This one comes from reddit

The one on reddit does say that post all DLC SCV had around 320, so maybe 320 was the number the person on 8way counted with all DLC.

It sucks that almost a fourth or fifth of the roster and customization is DLC and that we have to pay half the price of the game to get that content but if it's good content it's not that big of a deal to me, if it will prove to bamco that people want soulcalibur and a soulcalibur that has lots of content I'll gladly throw 90 bucks at it.

I'd advise people to at least look into some third party sites like GMG or fanatical to get the best deal they can though as I do believe that PS is trying their best to give us a quality product and I don't want them punished cause of bamcos shitty practices. If they would have been given the time and budget that tekken was given VI could be an entirely feature rich product... but then again tekken story, single player content, and DLC practices haven't been the best either.

Idk, bamco just wants money they don't really care about their IPs, Fuck bamco

I posted above you but still awaiting mod approval because of a wiki link I guess. If the wiki is right SC5 had around 308 items in the launch game. It also lists 25 dlc packs, with an average of 3 items per pack (some had more I believe). So let's just say it also had around 100 pieces as DLC. I think we'll be fine, some stuff will be missing for sure, but other stuff will be back with the DLC

Back