Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

Why they just didn't make all equipment and hairstyles unisex?
There is no sensible reason to not allow us to equip any of the items on the opposite sex.

Why they just didn't make all equipment and hairstyles unisex?
There is no sensible reason to not allow us to equip any of the items on the opposite sex.
It takes more work. Males have different proportions than women. They have broader shoulders and thicker torsos. Even their heads aren't quite the same shape, so hairstyles would have scalp peeking through. All of their equipment would look funny if they simply let you equip it on the opposite gender.

proportions
Haven't thought about that, though I seen some hex-edits in SCV that used EdgeMaster ponytail on a female CaS and it looked fine.
Also even though it requires some additional work - it's still a completed equipment, just resizing it to fit a female/male is much simplier than creating a new one for example.

Haven't thought about that, though I seen some hex-edits in SCV that used EdgeMaster ponytail on a female CaS and it looked fine.
Also even though it requires some additional work - it's still a completed equipment, just resizing it to fit a female/male is much simplier than creating a new one for example.
Some hair works, others don't. It just depends on the hairstyle itself and how the layers of hair fall.

And yeah, they very well could have resized it all to work, but considering their budget barely covered the base game, I'm not sure it would've been a good use of the money right up front.

Personally, I'd rather have good gameplay than customization, but that's just me.

I’m going to assume that exposed genitalia was a no-no in this game, so otherwise we can’t tell. Just give your Lizardperson a female style for femininity.
It's not like the man has a huge, throbbing dick showing.. It'd be no different than the other races that don't require undergarments because there's no detail other than the general shape.

Like, they literally could've just changed the eyes and gave it lashes. XD

Like, they literally could've just changed the eyes and gave it lashes. XD

For such a small detail as that, I can understand why they didn’t bother. The point of genders with humans and the like is that there are obviously physical differences, whereas ther’a nothing to suggest there’s any between male and female Lizards. I think it’s more of a cop-out that the full malfested and the other one (I forget the name) are gender-locked.

Yeah... I'm just surprised we have all those options at the start.. at least with SC5, you had to unlock more gear by playing the game and leveling up. I wonder if it's gonna be the same here in that aspect.

Things that are really going to bother me is the complete lack of race customization. you probably can't change any physical features of the Lizardman, Mutant Malfested, Malefic, and others. Playing a Lizardman will get stale if they don't end up adding choice for different faces, tails, head shapes, etc.

Not to mention horrible symptoms from 5 still carrying over, including shoulder pads and belts floating around the hips of characters not wearing pants or a shirt, armor being removed from clashing with each other for lame reasons, and the tails on the horned and beast race being reused stiff accessories is really underwhelming.

Shame, too, because we probably won't even get all the armor from 3 and 4 that didn't make it in 5...

Last edited:
Things that are really going to bother me is the complete lack of race customization. you probably can't change any physical features of the Lizardman, Mutant Malfested, Malefic, and others. Playing a Lizardman will get stale if they don't end up adding choice for different faces, tails, head shapes, etc.

Not to mention horrible symptoms from 5 still carrying over, including shoulder pads and belts floating around the hips of characters not wearing pants or a shirt, armor being removed from clashing with each other for lame reasons, and the tails on the horned and beast race being reused stiff accessories is really underwhelming.

Shame, too, because we probably won't even get all the armor from 3 and 4 that didn't make it in 5...

Are we sure we definitely can’t put a Maxi quiff on a Lizard?

I’m just looking forward to (hopefully) putting an Ivy-tard on one. To distract opponents, naturally.

If Lizardman looked more gender neutral, then I'd understand the insistence that male and female Lizardpeople would look the same, but I can't be the only one who sees that Lizardman has a distinctly masculine body shape in the torso area. They totally could have made a female version, though I highly doubt their ability to make something look feminine without giving it boobs. So maybe a bullet was dodged.

Still, there's no reasonable justification for the lack of female Malefic or Darksider. My guess is they thought "We don't want to make monstrous women, so why would anyone else??"

For me the positives still outweigh the negatives thus far, though the negatives are quite glaring.

Are we sure we definitely can’t put a Maxi quiff on a Lizard?

I’m just looking forward to (hopefully) putting an Ivy-tard on one. To distract opponents, naturally.
Indeed, that should be fun. My only wish is that when Aeon gets released, we'll get his unique body parts as customization for our lizardmen. I'm praying we'll also get DLC that will give us more lizardman customization. I'd love the club tail from his SCII 2P, or his head feathers from SCIII.

If Lizardman looked more gender neutral, then I'd understand the insistence that male and female Lizardpeople would look the same, but I can't be the only one who sees that Lizardman has a distinctly masculine body shape in the torso area. They totally could have made a female version, though I highly doubt their ability to make something look feminine without giving it boobs. So maybe a bullet was dodged.

Still, there's no reasonable justification for the lack of female Malefic or Darksider. My guess is they thought "We don't want to make monstrous women, so why would anyone else??"

For me the positives still outweigh the negatives thus far, though the negatives are quite glaring.
Normally to make male and female reptile people, females are given softer more slender features with fewer extras, while the males have sharper features and have more extras.

So NGL, one thing I'd love to see in a SC game's customization is an "astral chaos" themed set of customization. For example, allowing us to make characters that look like Abyss, Night terror, Charade, and Inferno. Even better to have the option for cosmetics like Nightmare, Necrid, or Pyrrha Ω's crazy malfested arms as customization.

Besides, who wouldn't want to wreck people online looking like this?!

https://youtu.be/s1kqs9ICmkk

So...
  • Customs still don’t get those intro/victory camera angles the main cast gets.
  • Don’t have to select from a single row/column list.
  • Customs don’t have the CE finishing shots. No peace signs for male Xianghuas, but what a shame...
Now this, I really hate. How hard is it to have the camera angles for CaS characters? I thought that feature was in SCVI, but I suppose my eyes deceived me.

Back