Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

I’m glad that Siegfried does, in fact, have his nodachi, though I still don’t really believe that it fits Nightmare at all. We’ll see how it looks in practice, I suppose, but I don’t really think it works. But I also wonder how many more weapons will be shared.

I’m glad that Siegfried does, in fact, have his nodachi, though I still don’t really believe that it fits Nightmare at all. We’ll see how it looks in practice, I suppose, but I don’t really think it works. But I also wonder how many more weapons will be shared.
I agree on how it fits Siegfried a lot better, but I do love me some more weapon variety. I was very worried Siegfried wouldn't have it anymore, but now I'm kinda glad they both do. I personally welcome a katana for Nightmare, even if, in practise, it doesn't entirely make sense.

I agree on how it fits Siegfried a lot better, but I do love me some more weapon variety. I was very worried Siegfried wouldn't have it anymore, but now I'm kinda glad they both do. I personally welcome a katana for Nightmare, even if, in practise, it doesn't entirely make sense.
The nodachi will look cool for a samurai-ish Nightmare CaS. As for shared weapons and variety, so far only Nighty and Sieg have the nodachi since it's the same guy (albeit different versions) that we're talking about. For the rest of the cast, there are only new/past games weapons. No shared stuff besides the above-mentioned duo. Hope my info was useful to you guys! :)

Does this mean that you’ve seen all of the weapons? I’m curious if Mi-na’s last weapon is new, the “Ancient Spear”. Also if Xianghua has eight weapons, because she had six listed in the modes trailer, and Sapara wasn’t one of them, but neither was Krita-Yuga.

Someone on Reddit says there are no customizations to unlock in Libra of Soul, so I guess we've seen all the base game has to offer.

Those armor packs had better be good...

Someone on Reddit says there are no customizations to unlock in Libra of Soul, so I guess we've seen all the base game has to offer.

I expected as much, unfortunately. The leaked footage of Libra that I saw had no indication of unlockable CaS items.

Speaking of armor packs, I'm gonna throw a massive shitfit if the DLC items are pieces that were present in base SC5.

Fucking hell I shouldn't have bought the deluxe edition and wait and see like a rational person. What I've seen in the base game in terms of pieces has been lackluster as hell and even though I kinda expected this, it's so fucking disappointing. I have a real hard time dealing with regression like this. So much stuff missing.

yeah, that sounds about right.

we were told we had around 370 items and i counted like 355

I expected as much, unfortunately. The leaked footage of Libra that I saw had no indication of unlockable CaS items.

Speaking of armor packs, I'm gonna throw a massive shitfit if the DLC items are pieces that were present in base SC5.

I'd rather pay for them than not have them at all. Too much seems to be missing. It'd be nice to get them in free post release updates, but with them promising over 100 pieces, I don't see how it could all be new stuff.

I'd be more annoyed if it was saturated with weird/overtly modern crap like these:

latest
latest
latest
latest
latest

Like, I'm sorry, but who on earth is wanting to make a modern day fireman in SoulCalibur? Look at that last one. There's a fighter pilot's helmet in there. Why?

You ask me, the races are nowhere near good enough to compensate for this. I mean in practice, most of them are not really all that. Lizard race propably has like 90% of equipment blocked, so you'll have this more or less same looking lizard for every player.

Then you have what basically amounts to glowing eyes and elf ears. Nice bonus but very small bonus in practical terms for me, and some have gender limitations still. Super disappointed in CaS stuff so far, becasue IMO, if you can't do better than your last game, at least stay exactly the same level, don't be even worse at anything.

On positive note, it takes a lot of the hype away for me so I don't have to feel anxious all the time. Sorry for the negativity, I just hate how much the word "compromise" this whole game seems to embody.

As long as they don't include 30+ head pieces or the modern stuff we should be good, the majority of missing stuff is the helmets and extra parts... that is for base V, with V's DLC there were over 200 items added, though allot of that was 1p/2p outfits and modern clothes.

Yeah but the dlc in it's entirety only promises 100, and even those are divided between 2 packs of 50. We'll propably wait for many, many months before getting those. For me the CaS is worse than SCV so far because I don't really care about the races at all. They just seem very limited and something that could have been achieved with few small things, like having eyes glow as an option, or have a skin pattern that makes your skin be like the demonic race etc.

Unpopular opinion: Lizardman could have at least been a mimic.

But what if those are the same ones as in the regular CaS? What if you have to buy them twice?

like there are the "unlockable" parts that are just there you need money to buy... i hope he isn't talking about those and is actually saying there are NEW parts

Back