Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

Yo, at this point I'd throw my money at any CaS DLC.
You will be a part of the problem.
If you buy the DLC, Bamco will continue making scummy moves such as this...

I urge restraint, fellow SC fans...

If people made a big stink over this maybe they will just release those parts as Free DLC.

You will be a part of the problem.
If you buy the DLC, Bamco will continue making scummy moves such as this...

I urge restraint, fellow SC fans...

If people made a big stink over this maybe they will just release those parts as Free DLC.
That is only assuming they are not already planned for the Season Pass. If that were the case, they couldn't release them for free, since it would make the Season Pass far too expensive for what's offered in it.
Also, I hope I'm wrong, of course, but I don't see Bamco releasing free DLC.

well another way to look at it is this

"people aren't buying our DLC, guess they're not interested in more characters or CaS, welp let's not waste funds on those things in the next soulcalibur"

nothing is truly gained by making a big stink about it simply because it's almost always a very vocal minority and the publisher will hardly ever give a fuck about that unless it starts giving them bad PR, it's not till it's something like battlefront 2 loot box shit or shadow of war dead guy memorial as paid DLC.

people upset they didn't get all the CaS parts they wanted isn't something they will have a 'moral' dilemma over, they'll look down at you and just say "well you could get the parts if you buy the DLC"

Wow. Thanks for the count, but, wow. This is worse than my worst case scenarios, and has completely killed any hype I had for this game, which is no small feat considering how much I wanted it. But yeah, I'll refund my deluxe edition, spend the cash on RDR2 or something. Good news is that people who are tired of reading negative stuff propably won't have to deal with my ugly mug here lol.

Peace.

Yeah, I really like CaS, and I already have so many characters I want to remake from my SCV creations (even if I lack a bunch of parts), but even without looking at CaS, I am really hyped for this game just for how fun it feels to play.

Is it? I'm sure I recall Okubo saying it wasn't. I'd like to be mistaken however.

Also BIG thanks to Ryuhza for counting all that. Much appreciated friend.
I confirmed for myself that the guy that streamed the Deluxe Edition had Tira's equipment in CaS, so unless they only gave it to him...

Though the knowledge Tira is on-disc is deeeeeeeeeffffinitely troublesome.

Only to those who don't know the development history of Tira for SC6.

If anyone wants to know because they're out of the loop, Tira is a character that was developed for SC6 with the DLC budget and was completed before the vanilla game went gold. The reason she was completed before the release is because Project Soul saw the online popularity of Tira and so pushed their workload to get her ready for the vanilla release.

If anyone here thinks I'm defending the practice, all I say is please don't. I despise on disc day 1 DLC because there are publishers that deliberately fragment content to squeeze money from the consumer. This puts barriers to entry thus creating a smaller group of ownership and shrinking the player base maximum potential which will kill the scene quicker which will then affect possible future content being created.

Yikes, as much as I love CaS, going to extremes like that just for this... Well it's your money in the end, but honestly, even with 11 stages, no 2P and less CaS pieces, this is looking like the best SC game since 2, and I don't want to miss that no matter what.

In the end it comes down to this (for me): I can give my money to a game that seems to be pushing the envelope on every single aspect possible (RDR2 in this instance) or to a game that has regressed in almost every quantifiable aspect of the game (roster size, less than half the amount of stages as last game, no 2P, half the amount of CaS content, no CaS specific weapon style). The only thing I think they have improved upon are the story modes, but those have always been low priority to me as the long term enduring gameplay consists of all the things they downgraded.

As for quality of gameplay, that's subjective so I won't make a point of that.

At some point there's just a line of how far I will go to support a franchise I love, and I do love SC, but money doesn't grow on trees and I gotta try to get as much for the buck as I can. I dunno how long it takes for Bamco to release all season pass content, but I reckon I'll be checking how the game looks like when all that has released.

I mean if you gave Project Soul the budget RDR2 has and also made them overwork 15h a day, I'm sure you could have a masterpiece too. But honestly the things you're complaining about are almost moot. The roster size is fine, yes it's missing 3 or 4 relevant characters, the rest was good riddance. I'll give you the stages and 2P costumes, but that's far from being the most important things in a fighting game. Like I said, I love me some CaS too and I'm bummed for the pieces, but you're still gonna see great creations anyway, all the features are still there. As for CaS styles, as fun as they were, good riddance, they weren't balanced nor was it realistic to expect them honestly.

The most important things in a fighting game is the offline content, the online aspect, and most importantly, the gameplay. This game has more hours of single-player than many Action and RPG games these days, the online seems decent enough too from the reviews, and pretty much everyone who's played it says this is the best the gameplay has been since SC2, so I'm not sure if it's just subjective anymore.

Again, it's your money, and I'm sure RDR2 is gonna be great anyway, but let's not cut SC6 short either, they seemed to have done their best with what they had, and they had to cut on the less important parts of the game. The fact that we have a Soulcalibur game coming out in roughly a day is a miracle.

We all take different things from different aspects. To some, CaS isn't even a factor, they won't use it. For me it's propably the biggest draw that pushes, or pushed it just enough to like it more than Tekken. For me it's clearly a larged deal than it is to you, so if it's lacking, it'll impact me and my enjoyment factor more than it would yours.

I remember at the time buying SCV even though I had some problems with that as well, but I wanted to support the franchises so SCVI would have more funding to cover what I thought was lacking in that. But here we are, and now I don't think I can do that again with a straight face. I have no doubt that the core gameplay will be good, but I already liked it pretty much every SC game for different reasons.

I'm sure the team did their best with what they had and it's Bamco who's to blame if anything. The game is enjoying great reviews, I think it'll sell well enough to reward the team's hard work, but as of now, I just can't bring myself to deal with the game when I constantly see corners cut in the things I enjoy the most.

While I agree that the dlc business is scummy, unless global economic systems are changed or people protest against dlc practice across the whole industry, then there’s little that can be done, especially if we do want more characters and do want more soul caliburs.

Hope there's enough parts to make my favourite Taki alt from scv. "Blind Taki"

1539794026827.jpg

1539793948747.jpg

1539794462705.jpg

Well, fuck. Two season passes isn't even enough to cover all that is missing. I wanted new stuff, too...
I don't know how well CAS is going to work for me now. With so little, I fear my creative steam might not last very long...

Well, fuck. Two season passes isn't even enough to cover all that is missing. I wanted new stuff, too...
I don't know how well CAS is going to work for me now. With so little, I fear my creative steam might not last very long...

The only new things we might get are azwel, groh, and guests

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll stay creative. If nothing I'm going to start working on cosplay costumes for each character.
For example X and Talim.
Or maxi and Cervantes
OR Sophie and Tira
I'm too easily pleased and distracted.

So has anyone spotted any footage of people using stickers? I want to know if you can scale them on width/height separate, or if it's still just the 'scale' slider.

Back