Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

Has anyone noticed that all the 2B outfits actually morph character models to have wider hips and a tiny waist? Sophitia and Ivy look like Kardashians with 2B's skirt-less bodysuit
Also breast reduction, you literally just transform your body into 2B's by wearing her clothes.

Yeah, that whole deal was kinda disappointing, but hey, I'm still happy 2B is customizable, and her outfits available for Cas. If you use them on your own characters, you can still change the body proportions to an extent, and make them less exaggerated.

D56A1016-E8CD-4F0E-9B7E-93916164130A.jpeg

Something really weird with mummies. And it changes with skin/linen color. Females just have the bandage...

I made Kaine's outfit prettier by first using a multicolor pattern, then recreated Kaine's dlc colors, and lastly I tried making 2B's outfit better through extra items and recolors.

I used Tira's color scheme then added some other stuff.

The fur scarf, warlord's belt, and partial shadow leg guard look cohesive enough.

I'll upload to Twitter and then to here. I can't convey it through bad android quality photos sadly.

I think Kainé's outfit deserves more love since it can't be destroyed. Same for 2B's.

I have yet to actually screw around officially with 2B's new items, but I'm so in love with the visors and her hair. I don't particularly mind that the dress is all or nothing, but I just hate that it will pretty much only look good on 2B because of the matching doll-like proportions. Everyone else wearing just looks like they have a big head.

I think it came out okay.

Attachments

• Du5bziQUUAAuB_Q.jpeg
    Du5bziQUUAAuB_Q.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 299
  • Du5cJTDWwAEy2Gp.jpeg
    Du5cJTDWwAEy2Gp.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 250
  • Du5bub5U0AEZnhX.jpeg
    Du5bub5U0AEZnhX.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 260
  • Du5cGIvWoAAytqT.jpeg
    Du5cGIvWoAAytqT.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 243
  • Du5cBwyX4AAByH2.jpeg
    Du5cBwyX4AAByH2.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 284
Has anyone made good weapon recolors for 2B?
I was going to turn Virtuous into Cruel, but when I realized that the spear and fist weapons don't change color, and then also that no matter what weapon I use, the spear and fist weapons are going to be Virtuous, I kinda lost interest in the idea.

Even if the combat bracers and spears are white, I tried this and I really love it.

Attachments

• DvAMzMSWoAA0ILr.jpeg
    DvAMzMSWoAA0ILr.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 233
  • Kingdom-Hearts-79-Marluxia-Scythe-Keyblade-PVC-Cosplay-Prop-0018.jpg
    Kingdom-Hearts-79-Marluxia-Scythe-Keyblade-PVC-Cosplay-Prop-0018.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 194
I think that sword and shield wielding statue at Eurydice Shrine is wearing footwear that was in the previous game but not this one. What. Afaik V had background NPCs that also wore the CaS equipment as well as the statues at the Wolfkrone stage in IV.

It seems like it would be easy and story mode had that. It really ruins some costumes for me so I’d really really like it to go away.
I'm kind of surprised no one's figured out how to do it with hex editing yet, since it could be done in SoulCalibur V. Unless they reworked how it works, which I doubt, because the mechanics are practically 1:1, your equipment was listed twice in the CaS data, for unbroken and broken states. Possibly four times, now, which may be why it takes so long to load a CaS, for unbroken, high broken, mid broken, and low broken, so... theoretically, you could hex edit all four of these lists to have all your stuff, and breaks wouldn't do anything aesthetically to your character.

I think we need four ExEqs. Two that don’t break and two that do just to be fair.

My other concern for future releases would be separate lower and upper layers. I really need Voldo’s belts, but my character could end up in a jock strap if he’s unlucky.

If we could have unbreakable extra equipment slots, then race selection would have been pretty meaningless an addition to the game.

Besides that, we all know people would just use it to have their Thunder God Drums / Turtle Shells / etc. be unbreakable and troll with it if it was a thing.

then race selection would have been pretty meaningless an addition to the game
We can just have some "unbreakable race equips that are part of the body" in body modification menu, like with hair. So tails, horns, glowing eye(s) special ears, special legs (minotaur for example), heads (wolf, mintoaur again etc), special skin/body type (mummy, statue, automaton, skeleton, malfested etc) etc would be chosen here instead of being a special equip or a separate race. Those parts can be adjusted, but their movement is limited (you can't move wings from the back of the body, but you can place them wherever you want here and in way you want, also for those that want to add wings as head piece, there will be version of them in horns category). All of those still can be in extra equipment too, for those that want to use them in unusual ways too.
The only "race" that is justified as a separate thing/actual race (and is not some type of "human, but with horns/human, but skin is slightly different/etc") is Lizards, because those actually have different body that needs special treatment.
I think it would've been nice if it worked that way.

What if the "troll" ExEqs like the Thunder God Drums etc. were in the category of breakable-only eguipment? And have the ones that are actually applied to create something nice in the unbreakable section. Just an idea I came up with.

Back