Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

DanteSC3

[14] Master
I'm working on a tool for making it easier to share CAS creations (this would only apply to PC users), and I'm curious if there would be demand for anything like this.

This is how I plan for it to work:
  • Export your CAS creations from your save file into PNG files. Each PNG file shows the thumbnail of the CAS creation (the actual CAS data is sneakily hidden at the end of the PNG file).
  • Share the PNG files and be jolly.
  • Download the PNG files and apply it to your save file by using the tool I'm making.
I finished making a save converter, so the next step is to map out the CAS format. I think this is very doable to make, but it will take a bit of time.
That sounds incredibly cool. I just kinda wonder how it would end up working if someone used DLC parts and you didn't own the DLC.

FluffyQuack

[14] Master
Here's a picture of Inferno wearing a top hat. Please like my post.

22.png

This is... PROGRESS! I'm close to mapping out enough of the CAS format to extract and replace CAS creations, including extracting the thumbnail image data separately. I'm posting this to see if the forum software will store the PNG file exactly as is or strip out data as I've hidden super duper hidden data at the end of the PNG file.

DanteSC3

[14] Master
I keep on getting triggered by the fact people keep calling their characters Custom instead of CUSTOM. Like seriously wth
If you do it in Libra of Soul, then everyone shouts your name and it’s distracting. Continuing that trend outside of the mode is just habit. Plus, in general, the names look better with proper capitalization. I would go so far as to say the game should just capitalize the names in specific contexts, such as on the nameplates on health bars.

Exiled Manji

[01] Neophyte
So how long until we get the new CaS DLC? I’ve been having a lot of fun making all kinds of characters but the extreme lack of items is very annoying.

Heniek

[10] Knight
If you do it in Libra of Soul, then everyone shouts your name and it’s distracting. Continuing that trend outside of the mode is just habit. Plus, in general, the names look better with proper capitalization. I would go so far as to say the game should just capitalize the names in specific contexts, such as on the nameplates on health bars.
I can dig both the points tho O didn't thought about Libra (couldnt really played this mode longer Thant two-three hours)
I will also agree that Geralt looks better than GERALT but since it is how it is I find it odd when GERALT is fighting a Custom. But to each of its own I guess

ZionOAS

[09] Warrior
Sorry if I am late or if this has already been touched on. But I don't really play Libra of Souls allot, and I got to the section that I interact with the Schwarzwind. And I noticed that Salia has a female hairstyle not available in game. Do you ever fight her and actually get to see it in game?

mokamoka827

[13] Hero
Sorry if I am late or if this has already been touched on. But I don't really play Libra of Souls allot, and I got to the section that I interact with the Schwarzwind. And I noticed that Salia has a female hairstyle not available in game. Do you ever fight her and actually get to see it in game?
Nope, Salia doesn't seem to have an actual in-game model beyond the portrait. I wouldn't be surprised if that hairstyle is part of the CaS DLC.

FluffyQuack

[14] Master
I'd like to hear people's opinion on this. So I finished the tool for importing/exporting CAS creations as PNG files a while back, would people be interested in a dedicated place for sharing these PNG files? Maybe a thread on this forum for uploading creations in that format? Someone in the modding community made this site: http://cascards.ajewelofrarity.com/post/list - is that something people would be keen on using? Or are most of the people here playing on consoles or not interested in letting other people using their creations?

ZionOAS

[09] Warrior
I'd like to hear people's opinion on this. So I finished the tool for importing/exporting CAS creations as PNG files a while back, would people be interested in a dedicated place for sharing these PNG files? Maybe a thread on this forum for uploading creations in that format? Someone in the modding community made this site: http://cascards.ajewelofrarity.com/post/list - is that something people would be keen on using? Or are most of the people here playing on consoles or not interested in letting other people using their creations?
I play on PS4. And I share my creations in a online community

FluffyQuack

[14] Master
I play on PS4. And I share my creations in a online community
I'm talking about a system where people can share CAS creations in a specific format where you can directly import and export it to the game, you don't have to manually recreate the CAS or anything. But it only works with the PC version.

I'm not getting much response to this, so I think I'll just leave it as it is.

RudderbuttCos

[09] Warrior
I have more WIPs I would love to share with you guys :) Just some cameo characters :D I am looking forward to what's in Creation Parts A when it gets released, hopefully I'll be able to complete these characters too :)

Robin Hood (Disney's Robin Hood)

Kunimitsu (Tekken)

Hsien-Ko (Darkstalkers)

What do you guys think so far?

RagingGhost

[10] Knight
After reading this article, has anyone noticed any difference between versions for the Partial Shadow Leg Guards, the Slacks, the Arabian Slacks, the Slops, the Prayer Pants and the Cropped Pants?

Heniek

[10] Knight
Jesus Christ... Whenever I try to do anything in this CaS it seems that it keeps on fighting against me. Want to make auotamaton as a base for human with automaton body? No paint jobs for them (and one face). Want make some more complex sticker on body? They don't stack. Want to paint hands in a different colour? It doesn't cover whole hands. Want to add some sticker on Armor? No way jose... Seriously. I can't recall having such troubles with it like ever...

Last edited: