Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, you know what would be sick? I just thought about it, what if the Story will retell all of the first 3 games, and we'll even be able to see the characters with their outfits from all those games, and will even change a bit aesthetically (like they'll look a bit Older), Goddammit that'll be too KREYGASM OMG!!!

That's LITERALLY what I've been saying over and over this entire time and everyone has ignored me. I literally said this exact thing with the outfits and different character aesthetics a few pages ago when we were talking about the character select screen, and I've talked about how I think the story mode will transpire over several games since the first trailer.

Am I going crazy.

Last edited:
That's LITERALLY what I've been saying over and over this entire time and everyone has ignored me. I literally said this exact thing with the outfits and different character aesthetics a few pages ago when we were talking about the character select screen, and I've talked about how I think the story mode will transpire over several games since the first trailer.

Am I going crazy.

Haha Sometimes when i find many new pages i may accidentally skip some comments, sorry about that lol

At the end of the day, you have to understand that Ivy's character and thematic is a dominatrix alchemist first and foremost since her inception. It's prevalent in her personality and moves. It's the type of design that anyone can understand who and what she is at a glance.
To change her is like wanting Voldo to not be gimpy. Their defaults always reflect aspects of their S&M inspired duality. Their additional alts get into different things that explore aspects of them outside of this, but their base concepts are always what's most important to express and have people understand. It's the theme to their character designs as a whole, whether people like it or not. That's who they are. To want them to be something other than what they are is to want them to be totally different characters and lose the "point" of them both.
That is probably why they have fun and include other things as their alts that are more experimental however. But the defaults for both always are to the point and meant to be.

Mari Shimazaki tried to do some kind of high fashion thing with her, as that's what she likes and typically is stylistically inspired by when designing. High fashion is divisive. I wasn't much a fan of it mainly because the color scheme was just wholly unfitting for her. You could fix that by editing that in-game, but eh. It just wasn't her best work either way.

You know what gets me about all of that? The biggest ignorance is how the interviewer had the gall and audacity to ask such a question, when the Soul Calibur series' weapon designer since the beginning is a woman.
Their theme needs to be expressed in their designs - that's for sure :)
It's not like i want this aspect to get lost - as long as CaS will be as good or better than in SC5 it would be already enough for me ^^

It was very much 80s disco style ... never looked good in my opinion - i liked her SC5 2P only because of using it in CaS.

This question was really unnecessary, but i don't believe it was meant in a bad way... to answer this question he could have done some research in the internet.
As far as i know the situation about women rights etc is similar to the in germany and some other lands, that in the post-war period women got more rights and where legally equivalent to men.
But women still have it harder in terms of getting work and payment. (correct me if i am wrong xD)
(Also i find it very interessting that there was a women centralized time in japans culture - but ok going to far off-topic)

•equally condescending tone• You’re very welcome!
I didn’t realize I was being tracked.
However, there’s not much of a proper discussion that can truly take place — Batman is just not the one. I do support this project he’s getting, and that’s where he needs to stay.
1. It wasn't meant completly serious ^^ (50/50)
2. It would make more sense than Starwars (as far as i understood Batman Ninja is about Batman getting in a earlier timeline (feudal Japan) - so this would already be closer to SC)
3. The release time of this anime would be also fitting with SC - so this wouldn't be a bad marketing move.
But that's just my opinion :P

All of them were fine for me except number 3, that hooker shit was ugly af. Please do not add anything like that again, the fuck was that inspired from anyways?? (plz don't say Mrs Claus)
Actually, it was designed by the same artist who designed Bayonetta. She also did Leixia's 1p and Tira's 2p. So it makes sense, considering Bayonetta and Ivy carry a similar theme (though the design was polarizing)

http://shoryuken.com/2011/11/22/sou...s-designer-bayonetta-was-considered-as-guest/

SCV P1 Ivy is my favorite costume, but i won't be surprise if she'll have her SC1 costume since SC6 will be a kind of a reboot, and Mitsu and Sophie are already wearing their SC1 outfits. (or at least something that looks a lot like it)
Personally I think Ivy's SC5 costume design was the best. It was also nice to finally see her boobs covered up a bit. Hopefully the new design will keep some elements from the last game.

My favorite Ivy is SC V and for 2P SC IV. I actually think SC IV 1P was just some boundary break and after that they got bored by the idea of just making her more naked.

I'm trying not to take Okubo's comment as increasing the chances of Cassandra, as I don't want to get my hopes up. But I'm struggling here.

All she would need is some of Patty's moves for more of a difference between her and Sophitia. I'd rather that than introducing another Alexandra like Lucius, which would be a waste imo.

Also, I sometimes see comments saying "stay on-topic". How can anything be off-topic in a general discussion thread? The only thing off-topic would be talking about things not related to the game at all.

I'd like a language setting that has every character speak his/her native language.
Mitsu Japanese, Siegfried German and so on
I actually second this. I thought it was pretty cool hearing everyone speaking their native language in Tekken. Weird how everyone can understand eachother i mean, some of these people like Heihachi doesn't really look like the kind of guy who likes to sit down and learn 8 languages when he has a fist for a brain but cool nonetheless.

I'd like to see Ivy's SCIV P1 in Character Creation, or even as DLC. Regardless if you like it or not, you can't deny that it's become quite iconic lol.

Wait, you know what would be sick? I just thought about it, what if the Story will retell all of the first 3 games, and we'll even be able to see the characters with their outfits from all those games, and will even change a bit aesthetically (like they'll look a bit Older), Goddammit that'll be too KREYGASM OMG!!!
That might actually happen for many reasons:
  • Leakers did say it would be the case
  • Developers confirmed some characters from SC2 and SC3 would appear, and most of them would not work at all if the story was only SC1 (leakers mention Tira and Talim, both of which are too young in SC1)
  • SC1's story is quite short for them to make so much focus like they announced.
  • It sets up a sequel better: if they made SC6 only about SC1, then SC7 and SC8 would have to be about SC2 and SC3, and since people already expected that, they wouldn't be as hyped for a story. But if SC1 tells us about SC1-2-3, then people won't know what to expect from SC7, even if they expect a touch on SC4 story.

I'd like a language setting that has every character speak his/her native language.
Mitsu Japanese, Siegfried German and so on
That looks and sounds stupid on Tekken, lets not have that mess happen in SC as well, thanks.

This reminds me, I'm pretty sure Critical Edge animations were outsourced in SC5. The Famitsu article mentioned they were surprised how much is being outsourced for this game as well, so that makes me curious what specifically they're outsourcing. With SC5 it was story mode cutscenes (I can't remember the name of the company, but they've done Asura's Wrath), Critical Edge animations (Just Cause, the guys who did DMC3 and DMC4 cutscenes), and most of the music.
CyberConnect2 were the ones who handled the story mode cutscenes.

Actually, it was designed by the same artist who designed Bayonetta. She also did Leixia's 1p and Tira's 2p. So it makes sense, considering Bayonetta and Ivy carry a similar theme (though the design was polarizing)

http://shoryuken.com/2011/11/22/sou...s-designer-bayonetta-was-considered-as-guest/
And the background for as to why she designed those 3 characters' outfits was because Bayonetta was the original idea they had for SCV's guest character, but they thought/decided/realized she might be too gamebreaking, over the top (in regards to abilities, but hey her personality is too but can fit in amongst the motley crue that is the Soul Calibur cast), and there was also worry about her guns being auto-projectiles you can just cheese out forever and that she would kind of have all over the place movement and mixups, ect. so they ditched the idea before it officially got off the ground, and chose the much more reserved Ezio in her place.
To compromise, they had Mari Shimazaki design those 3 characters' outfits instead.

I don't think Ivy's SC4 P1 was iconic. The thread covering her nipples was but I don't remember what the outfit as a whole looked like off the top of my head. She has other, far better outfits that should be CAS pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back