Soul Calibur Developers will help in the new super smash bros 4 wii u

hey whats going on, this is my thread
Well this is a new turn of events for nintendo but it seems the next smash will be actually directed by Namco Bandai themselves. What makes it interesting is the groups that handled Soul calibur, Tekken, and tales of vesperia is helping with the new game... Well... Im intrigued and I bet Yuri Lowel... will make a appearance lol:

www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/22/namco-ba...ping-next-smash-bros
why is your post above mine??? I created this tread!! i was the one who gave the news first!!!

While I think this is great so the series can get competitive again, I really hope it's not unrecognizable as Smash.

But didn't the developers say that any depth that was in Meele was completely unintentional and they would do their best to purge it to ensure that "Tires don exits"?

I think Pacman will be in it for sure.

As for SC guest characters, I think Dampierre would have a high chance of making it in, simply because his goofyness and randomness would fit well in Smash Bros.

But didn't the developers say that any depth that was in Meele was completely unintentional and they would do their best to purge it to ensure that "Tires don exits"?
Their stubborn unacceptance of melee's competitive nature is idiotic. All fans, casual and competitive, are fans. Since they want people to play however they want so badly their reaction towards competitive smash was hypocritical and baffling to me.

Their stubborn unacceptance of melee's competitive nature is idiotic. All fans, casual and competitive, are fans. Since they want people to play however they want so badly their reaction towards competitive smash was hypocritical and baffling to me.
Agreed. Nintendo is becoming crappier every day, to the point where only fanboys and stingy parents are satisfied with their products. They stopped listening to their customers long ago, and just keep exploiting big names like Metroid and Pokemon. This is why I stopped supporting them, they're full of bullshit and only care about the money. Will the next Smash Bros be good? Of course it will, just like Kid Icarus and Skyward Sword, but that doesn't make the company any less greedy and close-minded.

Everyone is greedy. But you would think that, upon discovering that there is a hidden depth to your game that has caused legions of people to play it daily long after the average player has forgotten about it, you would embrace that community. Instead they went out of their way to install systems that are directly contrary to what the most diehard of fans wanted. Their game was an accidental hit with people who love it and they basically spat on them, and loved doing it. I'll never understand.

I'm expecting atleast some kind of cameo from a Namco game but not from Tekken or Soul Calibur. Maybe Pac-Man. Too bad it's 200 years left until the game will actully be released

I realized today that Namco working on Smash Bros was foreshadowed in an interview with SCV producer Tago-san last year!

It starts at 09:06:

"The producer recently said he'd like to make a cross-over with the universe of SoulCalibur, like Street Fighter x Tekken. The Paris Games Week was the opportunity for us to know more about it."

Tago: "Well, that's a project on which I'd like to work on, but instead of making a cross-over called "SoulCalibur x another game", I'd rather make a game that contains a lot of guest characters from different fighting games, and try to make a fighting game blockbuster."

When I first seen that interview last year, it didn't make sense how he would accomplish making a fighting game that's just pure guest characters. Smash Bros is pretty much just that. So that part of the interview makes perfect sense to me now.

Most of the melee team was actually trying to make the game competetive. Sure wavedashing was an accident but they knew about it pre-release and left it in because it was cool. Sakurai is the one who hates competitive play. Probably because he sucks.

Back