Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Someone posted the first part of this a short while back; here’s part two. Relevant to the new game as it calls out what’s good and bad in comparison to what came before at the end. Interesting to hear the views of a more casual but knowledgable fan.

Someone posted the first part of this a short while back; here’s part two. Relevant to the new game as it calls out what’s good and bad in comparison to what came before at the end. Interesting to hear the views of a more casual but knowledgable fan.
Tired to watch this video earlier but got triggered by what he said about my bae Tira so fk that guy.
that said really enjoyed the part 1 video.

I did say that SC V didn't do well enough, meaning SC VI had to compete with Tekken for budget purposes but lost out based on SC V's performance.

Again no this is not how business works. It's a matter of investment risk based on the projected returns. It's got nothing to do with Soul Calibur having to compete with Tekken for budget.

I still remember when the announcement trailer for IV dropped and everyone was losing their bananas over Beta Hilde using her sword and spear in conjunction, but she looked like generic CaS because she didn’t have any of the red accents and accessories synonymous with her costume yet.

What particular trailer was that? I mean, was that at like an old E3 or something from years before? I would love to go find it and watch it. I never knew Beta Hilde didn't have her iconic look.

Still clinging on to the hope Libra will unlock stuff. Looking at you, CaS parts.

And we get answers about Lizzy.
One of the biggest reasons I think unlocks are likely is the small amount of - and seemingly random items locked behind the in-game currency. Like instead of any cool helmets, or character equipment, they locked the cat and horse head. And the amount of facial equipment is sad as well.

Again no this is not how business works. It's a matter of investment risk based on the projected returns. It's got nothing to do with Soul Calibur having to compete with Tekken for budget.
I'm aware. Again, you're missing what I'm saying as a whole.

In my experience, anyone who starts a video with "Don't have a tantrum in the comments." is probably going to be hard to take seriously

Does Xianghua seem weak and ineffective now? I tried to play her based on Kayane's guide, but she didn't feel right, and I get the impression even Kayane is struggling to play her, hence has moved on to using Geralt and now Talim?

Would you say it's dangerous to use 8WR in SCVI? There's no SC2 step guard right?

Last edited:
It sounds like it's just an option in the game. I'm not against all the options they want for offline play. Hell, give me options for all the wacky conditions you could fight under in older SC games: wind, wall explosions, yada yada...

Makes for a good betting environment between friends if nothing else, hahaha.

Highly doubt that's going to a ranked option. Ring outs are pretty standard for SC, far as I can tell.

--

Someone just mentioned step-guard, and as someone who hasn't gotten to try the game, to what degree (if any) does step guard exist in this game? Are steps 100% vulnerable?

Btw another thing i noticed from the stream was Nightmares red shield shit he does that had hella range toned down considerably even made it smaller👍🏼 So im sure theres other changes.

Back