Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I was a bigger fan of the Apprentice's moveset though. Give me his style on CAS with a dagger and no Lightsaber sound effects and that is an instant main
Some parts of Kratos moveset were reused in SCV Aeon moveset and I'd like to see Yoda's/Vader/Apprentice movesets to be fused and used for a new character with Apprentice as "core" of the moveset. Some fancy overdesigned dagger could be nice weapon for such character (and s/he could be a CaS storymode boss for SCVII, like Azwel is for SCVI). Such thing could be pretty hype.
The dumbest part was still that it failed spectacularly as a promo for The Force Unleashed, because Yoda wasn't in it. Darth Vader was, sure, and obviously Starkiller (The Apprentice) was
Only Starkiller was for TFU promotion I think, while Yoda and Vader were just for normal SW guest purposes.
Y&V were promoting SC for general audience, while SK was promoting SW:TFU for gaming audience. At least I see it that way.
Seems that everyone is throwing in opinions here's mine on the series
I guess I should do this too.
SCIII (it had the most content, it may be broken as hell, but I had a lot of fun playing it and played it for a quite long time despite not having an online play available) > SCV (best fighting system, best CaS system, this one I was quite happy to play online) > SCII (the most balanced in terms of Casual-Competitive focus) > SCI > SB/SE > SCIV (this one wasn't enjoyable to play much, so I don't think I played it for more than a few hours)
SCVI is obviously not mentioned in this ranking, as it's not out yet.

Last edited:
How I personally view the franchise:
SCIII>SCII>SCI>SCIV>SB>SCV
(I believe SCVI will fall right after SCIII)

Hours spent on each title:
SCV>SCIV>SCIII>SCII>SCI>SCB

Well since everyone seems to be doing it. My preference.

SCIII - Packed with the most content. Introduced elements that I didn't know I needed (Chronicles, CAS). Had small but still nice touches to the character stories (Quick time events, alternate paths). Stories were decent for solo characters. CAS had its own dedicated story mode with their own styles, customization elements, you could pick between characters and the actual gameplay had small changes that helped keep things from being repetitive. CAS had seperate facial hair options. It might not feel like it but I think the sheer variety that was in CAS in this game dwarfs the other iterations, I didn't have as much fun in the four and five as i did in three although that could also be because I kept on making CAS characters during chronicles and giving them stories and what not. The only thing I really missed in it was Team battle. Gave us my preferred version of Tira outside of gameplay (not as much a fan of the later versions, and we got Zas/Abyss who were both pretty cool and setsuka. Didn't really remember dealing with any real bugs in the game though I've now heard of people that have. Best opening cinematic out of all of them IMO.

SCII - Gameplay was great, also the first SC game I played. Weapon Master was fun the first time I ran through it but there are some really annoying elements. Dungeons were boring. Probably my most played because I own the game on four different systems and played Team battle ALL the time. Lots of interesting interactions that I had fun discovering when playing, Wall jumping for example. Introduced Talim, Ralph and a few others (Not entirely sure since it was my first game). Arcade stories weren't really that great and were pretty confusing. 2nd best opening.

SCIV - Gameplay while slower was still fun. Critical Finishes (Whatever the cinematic finishers were called) were a mix of being hilarious or cool most of the time. Character creation was nice but III kind of hyped up my expectations so while still fun to create a bunch of cool looking characters I was still let down. Personal character stories were a bit easier to understand than II but weren't as deep as III. I liked the tag battle system in story and Towers, kinda wish I could use it against friends. Gave us Amy (Didn't play arcade version of III), Hilde, Algol and of course them star wars characters. Didn't really care for the challenge modes as much. Still got a lot of awesome gameplay moments when playing with friends.

Broken Destiny - Gave us Dampiere who I personally hate, and a bit more of an update Character creator that we saw in five.

SCV - Story had an interesting concept but failed to deliver due to a multitude of reasons. Previous characters were either retired for no specified reason, had some small reason that wasn't really explained well or appeared and was confusing. I'm looking at you Ivy. Most character backgrounds were more fleshed out in the artbook. Still had some interesting updates to the characters, Mitsu looked good and played well. Sieg was still fun to play, however lots of movelists were simplified and A+K for the most part didn't really exist. Introduced CE which I can get behind and BE which I hated. Gave us meter GI (also dumb) and quick stepping (kinda nice). Ezio was fun to play, gave us interesting stage variety and transitions and some nice music. Loved the idea of Elysium, didn't care for Zwei as much, Viola was fun but I wished Amy was still there. Spent too much time clearing every single enemy in quick battle. CG scene were nice, the still images looked like they were from the rough storyboards. Lacked content and lots of people lost many of their favourite styles and returning styles were heavily altered (Had to switch to Sieg since Talim was gone). Personally, most of the changes I didn't like in terms of style movesets and playstyles. Not a bad game, but just poor when compared to the rest of the series. Worst Opening cinematic.

SCI - Didn't play too much. Still fun to play, but compared to the rest of the series. Lacks a lot of the improvements that happened overtime.

SCVI will prob fall after three based on current expectations, what I've played and the info we've got.

Personally Vader is by far my favorite Guest they put in the serie and the only one that i really played. And i'm not a SW fan at all.

Totally won't mind if they'll brought back his style for a new SC character in the future.
We're still missing a longsword style as Geralt won't be in a future game.

Favorite SCVI level(s)?

Mine goes:
1. Shrine of Eurydice
2. Azure Horizon
3. Sunken Desert Ruins (best lighting in the game imho
4. Windswept Plains
5. Ostrheinsburg Castle
6. Indian port
7. Cursed Moonlit Woods
8. Snow-Capped Showdown
9. Kunpaetku Shrine
10. Astral Chaos
11. Replica Kaer Morhan

Honestly, I like them all quite a bit, and I absolutely love 1-4. I don't even dislike 11, so that says just how great the levels really are.

My favorite stages in no particular order:
  • Jyurakudai Villa
  • Desert Path
  • Valencia Port - Chaos
  • City of Water
  • Hwangseo Palace - Phoenix Court
  • Imperial Capital Ayutthaya
  • Lotus Garden
  • Old Toledo - Burning Gallery
  • Egyptian Temple - Sacred Flame
  • Hall of the Warrior God
  • Phantom Pavilion
  • Wolfkrone Monument
  • Voiceless Volpe Bridge
  • Tower of Glory: Most Holy Dichotomy
  • Last Rites on the Battlefield
  • Utopia of the Blessed

"DLC Character"
nanako (1).png

It's the Tira video again
nanako (2).png

I'm confused with Soul Chronicle's name. In the initial reveal and main menu, it's called "Soul Chronicle", but the Bamco guy calls it "Chronicle of Soul", and it's also called that in the stream schedule as well as within the mode itself.

Back