Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

It's weird, though, if Cassandra is going to be playable, be it as unlockable or as DLC, then why did Sophitia get one of Cassandra's weapons (Katzbalger)?

Animated versions

Cassandra Cute.gif
Cassandra Sweet Talk.gif

Greeks always had interchangeable weapons from game to game, for example:
-Cassandra had Valkyrie in SCII, III and IV
-Sophitia had Valkyrie in SE and SC: LS
I wouldn't say this really counts, though. Valkyrie is a cameo weapon from Valkyrie no Densetsu, not really one or the other's weapon. Even Abelia could use that weapon in SoulCalibur III. Though Cassandra has had it far more often than Sophitia, so she kind of "claimed" it, I guess.

Valkyrie aside, the "Sophitia weapons" have always been Swordbreaker, Fire Blade, Blue Crystal Rod, and Orichalcum, while the "Cassandra weapons" have always been Katzbalger, Ivan the Terrible, Spine Blade, and Dark Blade. They've never swapped these up between each other, so Sophitia suddenly having Katzbalger is weird.

But it's just an image.
You don't need a lot of money for that.
Hiroaki is a freelancer and not an official member of the team, so someone else had to take the time to create an all new design. They're not going to do that just for him to draw headshots for Soul Chronicle. They could've provided him with preexisting artwork from any of her three other appearances if the headshots were all we were going to see of her. It's not a question of if she's coming anymore, it's when.

Wait, really?
Ehh I wouldn't look too deep into it. People were talking over each other and Max expressed interest in her new design basically saying "hmm I'm curious about that" and the rep didn't respond, but everyone was talking and he was just trying to show that each character had their own story.

Combine that with the fact that he's just a marketing head and there's a decent chance he doesn't actually know anything about future DLC, I would say it's silly to speculate based on that.

That said, the redesign itself is decent enough reason to think she might POSSIBLY be DLC, not to mention her popularity. I just don't think the rep actually knew anything one way or another.

Saw that part of the live stream thanks to youtube recommending it and as soon as I clicked on it the part with Cass and Sophie was there.
I remember hearing she'd be in the story mode and after seeing how she looks....I need her in this game NOW.
She can be DLC or part of the DLC Season Pass and I'll buy her either way. Hopefully she is an unlockable...but I doubt it. It would be cool if her Hwang, Edgemaster, and Lizardman were unlockable after completing Story Mode.

Back