Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Interesting indeed! Why on earth would they render any character not meant for release. Still can't get my hopes up though. We know what hope brings.[
Does this helps?
Her new dress from ther artwork was rendered :o
This is odd to me, the flowers on her dress look straight out of CaS, but her hair is not in CaS. Yet, her hair is clearly the same as her SCIV hair, so it's not like they remodeled it.

I'm not really sure if this makes me think she's more likely or less likely to be DLC.

These are the most interesting portraits I've found from Libra (these are extracted from the game):
Face02D_501_R_Normal_00.png
Face02D_009_R_Normal_00-fix.png

Face02D_503_R_Normal_00.png
Face02D_503_02_R_Normal_00.png

Face02D_502_L_Angry_00.png

Hwang looks mostly like a CAS (assuming that's supposed to be Hwang).

And then we have... SC3 Colossus model!?

The Amy portraits are weird. I suspect they took her SC4 model and then drew over it. I don't think either outfits are 3D meshes. I also think her hair as young Amy is drawn as well.

Edge Master is definitely his SC5 model directly copied over.

Does anyone know if any of these characters show up in the game itself? Or are they only ever shown as portraits?

These are the most interesting portraits I've found from Libra (these are extracted from the game):
View attachment 52203View attachment 52204
View attachment 52205View attachment 52207
View attachment 52206

The Amy portraits are weird. I suspect they took her SC4 model and then drew over it. I don't think either outfits are 3D meshes. I also think her hair as young Amy is drawn as well.

Does anyone know if any of these characters show up in the game itself? Or are they only ever shown as portraits?

Hwang and Amy appear in Libra as NPCs. That’s a CaS Hwang for sure, that face is one of the presets from SCV and he’s wearing a recolored Noble Garment(?). The headband is certainly custom but it looks haphazardly drawn over.

I just finished Libra of Soul, and none of these characters show up in battle. The second one is actually Hephaestus, not Colossus. You see Amy as an orphan attire early on, and finally see her new dress much later, in the postgame. One you didn't get who does show up as a fighter is Han-myeong, which was pretty interesting if you ask me, since he hasn't appeared since SoulBlade. If they are CaS, though, it makes me wonder why they wouldn't be playable. Especially Hwang, who had even more opportunities to fight in Libra of Soul than in Soul Chronicle... but yeah. Another one who shows up but does not appear in battle is Salia, and there is also Arthur who does show up in battle, though like Han-myeong, he's a CaS, of course. Still no Rock or Li Long, so I guess they're on vacation somewhere.

On a related note...

These are also unlocked in the postgame of Libra of Soul. Zasalamel's part details his plans for the future, after everything is said and done, and Raphael's part also does the same, and also confirms
AZWEL LIVES ON.
This may be interesting to see how it shapes the next game, but another curious part about Raphael's second ending is that it gives more information about the ending of SoulCalibur II, and the updated museum information in his profile then has implications for SoulCalibur V.

The final Soul Chronicle screen looks like this, with all of Libra of Soul included:
mmtLxJv.jpg

So it would seem that Libra of Soul is more canon than we originally thought. All of the book icons are entries from Libra of Soul, and you can read them in the museum, they don't do anything but place on the timeline here in Soul Chronicle.

That's not a song name, lol.

Later on in Libra of Soul, you unlock the ability to fight other people's creations as astral fissure points. "The End of YoRHa" is someone's name.

So that's the creator's username?

Even if it wasn't, it would be an easy enough thing to shop in.

Started playing the game for the first time today. Everything is brilliant. Though I would like to see a lot more items for CaS and a update where you can actually chat in casual rooms cause now you only get to pick from a few messages. Also, the main story was sooo good I can’t wait to play the character stories.

IMO it will be lame if the next guest is 2B. I'm not even indifferent about her being in, I'm absolutely against the idea not only because I only want guest characters to be aesthetically in line with Soul Calibur's setting but if there's no rule to where the guests can come from I can think of far better choices.

That's not a song name, lol.

Later on in Libra of Soul, you unlock the ability to fight other people's creations as astral fissure points. "The End of YoRHa" is someone's name.

How does this work? How far in to it before you unlock it?

Also I really hope they make a mode like "quick match" in SCV where we can fight cpu controlled versions of people's CaS characters. This would offer infinite replayability for casuals.

How does this work? How far in to it before you unlock it?

Also I really hope they make a mode like "quick match" in SCV where we can fight cpu controlled versions of people's CaS characters. This would offer infinite replayability for casuals.
It starts in chapter 5, and the game will tell you about it. Essentially, it's just like the other "random battle" nodes that come and go, except they appear on the map as an astral fissure, you visit it, and fight someone's creation with a special battle condition. The AI is tuned up, too, and they play much differently than the rest of the AI-controlled opponents. They give you a decent amount of money for doing them, though, and if you want to change your libra scales, they're good for that, because every one of them lets you choose a good or bad option that doesn't affect anything else.

I think this is the closest thing that we're going to get to Quick Battle, since it's basically the same thing. It's randomly seeding people's creations into your game, and the AI controls them, so my assumption is that they'll take your Libra of Soul character, too, and other people can fight against it. They also keep coming infinitely in the postgame of Libra of Soul, just like all the other "random battle" nodes.

View attachment 52203View attachment 52204
View attachment 52205View attachment 52207
View attachment 52206

Dang.... rip again Amy xD as soon as I think, "she must be one of the DLC characters" you get all these infos... Raph story does have an ending, her portrait is just CaS mixed with SC4 (LS)
Now I'm sad again, still think she better be one cuz if she isn't I really find it dumb to go to the trouble to even bother doing all this just for nothing. I mean you better not put anything related to the character if you don't plan to release it, (like it is the case with Setsuka for example, no voice, no portrait, no artwork/redesign)

IMO it will be lame if the next guest is 2B. I'm not even indifferent about her being in, I'm absolutely against the idea not only because I only want guest characters to be aesthetically in line with Soul Calibur's setting but if there's no rule to where the guests can come from I can think of far better choices.
I can agree. A guest character should also be more iconic than 2B.

I can agree. A guest character should also be more iconic than 2B.
I really don't understand why people are so opposed to 2B it's just incredible, what do you guys want, Master Chief, Nathan Drake, Adam Jensen what other video game character are there that are actually liked that much.
Nier manage to build a strong and faithful fan base, those are the guys you want at least that's what I think.

Dang.... rip again Amy xD as soon as I think, "she must be one of the DLC characters" you get all these infos... Raph story does have an ending, her portrait is just CaS mixed with SC4 (LS)
Now I'm sad again, still think she better be one cuz if she isn't I really find it dumb to go to the trouble to even bother doing all this just for nothing. I mean you better not put anything related to the character if you don't plan to release it, (like it is the case with Setsuka for example, no voice, no portrait, no artwork/redesign)
I still think Amy would fit perfectly as DLC if Raph's story arc ends with her in her teens. Those weird still portraits could just be deadline stuff, while they began working on the 'real' Amy after the release.

Back