Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I wouldn't worry much about SC6 sales, If you look at the steamchart numbers, they are pretty indentical when T7 came out (dno how well consoles are doing though)

BOYS WE ALREADY HAVE OUR FIRST MESH MOD

https://www.deviantart.com/monkeygi...Sparda-Sword-769395104?src=MC_deviation_stack
scvi_mod_nightmare__sciv_helmet__sparda_sword_by_monkeygigabuster-dcq2t28.jpg
Looks like shit but that's already crazy fucking progress. T7 just got its first mesh mod last week, so seeing SCVI get one 3 days from launch is insane.

There's also a mod that replaces the loincloth with a penis (for both men and women) for those who are interested in the game's first nude mod.

Hi-ho, y'allz!!!
Just gonna use this post to say that I am gonna take a break from 8WayRun for a while so I can fangirl over this lovely new SC game and play the shit out of it!
I enjoyed our many months together in this thread and others, and the twisted roller coaster of emotions we all subjected ourselves to.
Enjoy playing!!! :)
Enjoy the game amigo! :)

No one's making the really important mod. Series accurate "Nightmare without a cape". He's strong enough to withstand backstabs come on :P

Maybe I should become a professional speedrunner.

Hi Sectus, I think your YT videos are cool and I'd like to ask you a question:

Who do you think the 3 remaining dlc characters will be ?

It looks like Lizardman might be one of them (due to being unfinished and in the game), though I'd prefer Hilde, Cassandra or Setsuka more instead of Lizardman.

Hi Sectus, I think your YT videos are cool and I'd like to ask you a question:

Who do you think the 3 remaining dlc characters will be ?

It looks like Lizardman might be one of them (due to being unfinished and in the game), though I'd prefer Hilde, Cassandra or Setsuka more instead of Lizardman.
Short answer: I'm not sure who specifically it could be, but I doubt it's Hwang or Lizardman.

Long answer:
  • I think Lizardman has a very low chance. They used his SC4 design and assets, they based his moveset on an extremely early version of Lizardman, and he's even referred to as "Lesser Lizardman" behind the scenes. I think he was specifically added for the player beat up, not to play as.
  • Amy and Cassandra have a good chance. They're popular characters and they both returned in Lost Swords. It's interesting how they are the only non-playable characters in SC6 to get a full redesign (and as far as I know, Namco hasn't shown the full redesigns anywhere).
  • I think Hwang has a low chance. He wasn't re-designed in SC6 and I think they'd have a big conundrum in regards to his moveset. Most of the people who played him played his SC1 version, which is very similar to Xianghua. Maybe they could use his SC3 movest though (I don't know how fully featured it is in SC3: AE).
  • I think Edge Master has a good chance. He wasn't re-designed but Hideo Yoshi (art director) has said he finds his SC1 design very iconic (he specifically didn't want it changed in SC5). He's listed as a fighting style among some game assets. I would rank his chances much higher if he was a waifu (I think most, if not all, characters in the season pass will be female to ensure higher sales) and not a mimic.
  • And then I think the following all have okay chances: Hilde, Setsuka, and Yun-seong.

question about Libra of Souls.

do the options to change the color effects of your weapon and change your character portrait become available as you progress in LOS?

cuz initially, both options are greyed out for me.

question about Libra of Souls.

do the options to change the color effects of your weapon and change your character portrait become available as you progress in LOS?

cuz initially, both options are greyed out for me.
They don't. Weapon color is locked down, as are trails. Soul Charge aura is determined by your libra scales, and you don't get a portrait.

• Amy and Cassandra have a good chance. They're popular characters and they both returned in Lost Swords. It's interesting how they are the only non-playable characters in SC6 to get a full redesign (and as far as I know, Namco hasn't shown the full redesigns anywhere)

Good points.

But I think it's a massive stretch to call them "full redesigns". They look virtually the same as we've seen them before asides from a couple of minor details. And we've only seen them from the shoulders up. While I agree they are popular and have a good chance, I think this whole "redesign" thing has been exaggerated too much in terms of using it as justification the way people are.

Okay, now I definitely think I've done enough data mining and snooping. I think I know what the next DLC will be but it won't be anything earthshattering (especially if anyone has looked at how the music menus are designed in the Museum). The next DLC looks like it will be 17 music tracks from SC1.

Good points.

But I think it's a massive stretch to call them "full redesigns". They look virtually the same as we've seen them before asides from a couple of minor details. And we've only seen them from the shoulders up. While I agree they are popular and have a good chance, I think this whole "redesign" thing has been exaggerated too much in terms of using it as justification the way people are.
With Amy you could argue it's not a radical shift as she's wearing yet another gothic dress and that would be accurate. Still though, it seems weird they'd do anything with her design when they could have just used her SC3 design.

But with Cassandra I would argue her new design is very different. There are a few elements similar to her SC4 design, but the colour scheme looks very different, the cape (not sure if it's actually a cape) is unlike all her other designs, and there are hints that there is more to the design (we get a tiny glimpse of something on her upper arms).

I'm not saying this is a clear sign they're gonna be DLC, but it's worthwhile to point out. It is possible the art team randomly felt like designing new outfits for Amy and Cassandra, and it's also possible they were originally meant to be playable but Namco changed their plans.

If they make the decision to do two seasons, I could see Amy and Cass being split up so that fans don't get upset that there are too many similar-styles in one season pass. That might not matter though if they do even more to differentiate their movesets from Raph & Soph.

Okay, now I definitely think I've done enough data mining and snooping. I think I know what the next DLC will be but it won't be anything earthshattering (especially if anyone has looked at how the music menus are designed in the Museum). The next DLC looks like it will be 17 music tracks from SC1.

With Amy you could argue it's not a radical shift as she's wearing yet another gothic dress and that would be accurate. Still though, it seems weird they'd do anything with her design when they could have just used her SC3 design.

But with Cassandra I would argue her new design is very different. There are a few elements similar to her SC4 design, but the colour scheme looks very different, the cape (not sure if it's actually a cape) is unlike all her other designs, and there are hints that there is more to the design (we get a tiny glimpse of something on her upper arms).

I'm not saying this is a clear sign they're gonna be DLC, but it's worthwhile to point out. It is possible the art team randomly felt like designing new outfits for Amy and Cassandra, and it's also possible they were originally meant to be playable but Namco changed their plans.

Cassandra & Amy are Soul Chronicle NPCs that might be playable in Season 2

Hey guess what

SCStageTracks.png

That is exactly 17 tracks. We won't be missing a single stage one.

Also hopefully that means we can get full SC3 OST. I want that version of "If There Were Any Other Way..."

Interesting thing to consider about Amy and Cassandra's redesigns is that they had no appearances whatsoever in the original SoulCalibur. Cass has a few concepts from Soul Edge, but given that they made Hwang look like his SC self rather than his more recent SCIII self, it seems like they're trying to be accurate to the specific period of the game, and for Amy and Cassandra, that necessitated brand new designs.

• I think Edge Master has a good chance. He wasn't re-designed but Hideo Yoshi (art director) has said he finds his SC1 design very iconic (he specifically didn't want it changed in SC5). He's listed as a fighting style among some game assets. I would rank his chances much higher if he was a waifu (I think most, if not all, characters in the season pass will be female to ensure higher sales) and not a mimic.

You really think Bamco has the balls to sell a mimic as DLC?

You really think Bamco has the balls to sell a mimic as DLC?
I mean, they had the balls to replace series staples with subpar "successors" and add three minincs, one of which used to be an original character. Granted, the team is different now, but I still wouldn't put it past them to release Edge Master (as bad as that sounds).

Back