Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

hey guys back again, not done yet with libra gona go at it today and see if i can finish it.
i am really disappointed in CAS this SC has the least items in comparison with all SC games available with CAS, its really sad to see the budget cuts got the game right where a large chunk of people where exited for.
on other complains, when the beta was out the connection with other was awful now the game is out its better but you could say that around 35 to 40 % of the matches are laggy or you feel this stutters, i am aware that namco knows about this and 1 of the devs said they are working on it so we will see if it improves after a patch or something. the game is good but it can be better.

So quick question, any data mining done already ??? do we know anything that we are not supposed to know ????

Idk if the netcode is garbage or not, but the matchmaking is atrociously bad on PC. I played maybe 6 or 7 matches last night and maybe 2 of them went smoothly at all, and even those still spiked at times. You have to set your preferences so wide to get a single match that you're guaranteed to find shitty opponents.
I guess we're opposites. My online experiences were flawless on Steam so far.

It is a non win situation, people will bitch if they can't use customized characters and people will bitch if other people can.

It would be nice to get simultaneous fights in friendly fight rooms ?
Non-CAS ranked why not but then friendly fight mode should be as convenient as ranked. Actually, i feel ranked is much more convenient.

Banning customs only from ranked won't be such a big deal (and allowing people to create rooms that don't allow customs too). It's a "serious" mode after all.
You'd think that, then you look a few days ago when people thought they couldn't use their CaS on ranked and you see the bitching.

Arnis only speaks the truth.

CaS in Rank will inevitably sucks too bad nothing surprising here. But now maybe if some big voice like Aris spoke widely about it they may end up listening huh? Even tho i'm afraid it's late now as there's already a trophy related to this it seems.

Banning customs only from ranked won't be such a big deal (and allowing people to create rooms that don't allow customs too). It's a "serious" mode after all.

Wouldn't have been if it released like this, but people will never gladly take taking away something from them. And this comes from someone who'd rather have classic weapon selection, no CaS stuff in exchange for 2P Costumes.

Best case scenario: Seprating a Ranked Mode that's Classic from Extra (a la SC2)
Second best case: They don't change anything but take a deep note for SCVII
Next level case: Nothing changes and they don't learn
Worst case: Nothing changes and it doesn't matter because Soulcalibur is ded Jim.

Let's all hope for Cases 1 or 2 so, eh?

CaS in Rank will inevitably sucks too bad nothing surprising here. But now maybe if some big voice like Aris spoke widely about it they may end up listening huh? Even tho i'm afraid it's late now as there's already a trophy related to this it seems.

Ok but wait a minute, a while ago someone was going on about a CAS Nightmare has "phantom grab" due to the missing demonic arm. Now... that tells me there actually ISNT different hit boxes and adjustments made from different size CAS models. Which was the exact opposite of Aris' point. This actually makes a lot of sense to me because wouldnt it be a lot of extra work on the development to figure varying levels of hit properties? Seems more likely they would just use the standard character models.

There does seem to be some unanimous disappointment over some characters; Taki and Azwel seem to be getting the most of it. The biggest issues I'm hearing from Taki seem to be her speed, damage and generally unsafe. While Azwel seems a lot more nuanced and complex. Players seem to point out that Azwel's damage is rather low and his speed is pretty slow. His first CE doesn't compare to the rest of the cast's damage when it comes to CE damage and his lack of kicks hurts him. Others point out that he's pretty complex and no one has really quite gotten him yet. It sounds like neither Groh nor Azwel have achieved the kind of popularity new characters in the past have gotten (see: Hilde, Viola and ZWEI).
Taki needs her 6A+B dash follow-up to be optional and it should maybe be a mid in Soul charge. Azwel's battle comments article was certainly true. He preps his weapons after using them once. I thought it was just to load a special move for B+K but it's a thing for most (?) moves. I did 3A which is a horizontal ax swing. It was a little slow the first time and the second time it was faster and came with slightly different audio cues. But that feature only SEEMS to work for same weapon attacks. Like if I did the 2nd ax swing then moved to a different weapon, it will be slow again till the second use. Idk if using a move that goes into "almighty" bypasses that though.

I'm having an absolute blast playing vs mode against cpu on very hard. The cpu is really good in that it more realisticly emulates how a human would play and has moments of brilliance and moments where it messes up when you get the upper hand and dominate it. It feels just right. And no sense of input reading.

I've been having so much fun fighting with or against my created characters. Ideal for training.

I'm having an absolute blast playing vs mode against cpu on very hard. The cpu is really good in that it more realisticly emulates how a human would play and has moments of brilliance and moments where it messes up when you get the upper hand and dominate it. It feels just right. And no sense of input reading.

I've been having so much fun fighting with or against my created characters. Ideal for training.

sometimes when I play against CPU at very hard there are times where they just stand there without doing nothing and sometimes they just destroy me lol

sometimes when I play against CPU at very hard there are times where they just stand there without doing nothing and sometimes they just destroy me lol

Yeah I found that a couple times but it seems most often in the first round. Then it seems to go apeshit in the next round trying to get a comeback! 😂

Back