Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

If there had to be a guest character they could have done a lot worse. I know a lot of people wanted Dark Souls but I didn't...a large part of the DS fanbase is toxic as hell and I would prefer that not leak into Soulcalibur VI. That said I probably would be fine with anyone since at least now the guest characters are done with and they can focus on what really matters.

To be fair I've been on the fence about picking up Nier Automata for ages (since it released) and now with 2B coming to Soulcalibur VI I finally found a reason to pick the game up. Perhaps the hype is valid or perhaps it isn't I'm going to check out the game and see what I think of the character after actually playing said game. One thing I can say from the trailer is that fighting style wise she seems like an interesting character.

yeah, I'm going to wait for Nier to go on sale for Xbox before picking it up. too bad they didn't release it physical though on Xbox.

but I knew when they announced Nier for Xbox during the Summer, that upped her chance for being a guest character here, since she was no longer PS4 exclusive.

otherwise, if Bamco had decided to do platform exclusive guests, then I could have seen 2B as the PS4 exclusive guest.

Ugh another guest... Can we have REAL Soul Calibur characters for DLC?, then guests only in one game then disappear forever???

Ugh another guest... Can we have REAL Soul Calibur characters for DLC?, then guests only in one game then disappear forever???
Well, maybe not forever. They can come back as parts of or even complete movesets, such as Aeon being Kratos in SoulCalibur V. If anything, I'd say between Geralt and 2B, it's pretty likely that SoulCalibur VII could have a true longsword character that isn't Mitsurugi.

So that's that.

Regarding the speed of the announcement, I'll say to Bamco/PS...

You're quicker than I thought. I was wrong about you.

Last edited:
Just my two cents: Were people honestly expecting them to bring back every single character in SC6? Narrative-wise, Cassandra doesn't have much a reason to fight, Algol doesn't reappear until much later with the tower, Amy literally just started learning to fight, we're not sure where Hilde is in regard to Wolfkrone, like if she's on the throne to succeed her mad father (if that even happened yet), and we're not sure how they're going to re-purpose Setsuka to fight Mitsu. Setsuka's story always felt weak to me, since it's just revenge on a relatively minor character lore-wise. I'm not trying to silence anyone, but I went into SC6, knowing not every veteran will make it in. tbh, I don't have much desire to speculate and stress myself out to know who the next guests or veterans are. The game's already out and I'd rather play that.

If there's one thing about 2B's announcement that I dislike is that's all there was. No mention on the dlc costumes, as the creator needs more stuff was a letdown imo.

Just my two cents: Were people honestly expecting them to bring back every single character in SC6? Narrative-wise, Cassandra doesn't have much a reason to fight, Algol doesn't reappear until much later with the tower, Amy literally just started learning to fight, we're not sure where Hilde is in regard to Wolfkrone, like if she's on the throne to succeed her mad father (if that even happened yet), and we're not sure how they're going to re-purpose Setsuka to fight Mitsu. Setsuka's story always felt weak to me, since it's just revenge on a relatively minor character lore-wise. I'm not trying to silence anyone, but I went into SC6, knowing not every veteran will make it in. tbh, I don't have much desire to speculate and stress myself out to know who the next guests or veterans are. The game's already out and I'd rather play that.
She isn't seen, but she's referred to as "Queen", so she's already ascended the throne. Still, that makes her preoccupied, ruling her kingdom, rather than being on the battlefield.

With the inclusion of Raphael, Talim, Tira, and Zasalamel, it became possible to include those who show up later, to get their origin stories. But that's the important thing, here, story. You can argue popularity and unique styles all you want, but if they don't fit into the story, they won't be in SoulCalibur VI. Cassandra exists, but doesn't fight, nor is she seen fighting, so her inclusion would be a little weird, but not impossible. Algol isn't possible. Amy is definitely possible, considering she defends herself a few times, she is capable, yet still in training. Setsuka literally does have the weakest story of the entire cast, except maybe Charade, if you count that as a character. Hwang is also present, active, and fights, though always off-screen...

Though, it is strange, of all Koreans, Han-myeong, who hasn't been seen fighting since SoulBlade, is actually in Libra of Soul as an opponent. Hwang appears, fights, but isn't shown in battle, and Yun-seong is mentioned once and doesn't appear. It's bizarre.

by the way do we know when 2B is coming out? i didn't watch the stream
No confirmation, just "coming soon".

I hope we get a guest character for every season pass. =)

4 new/old characters (one of the guest) and CaS parts.

I do hope they bring back old costumes and items.

Back