Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Since I started brawling online I've RARELY met the slower characters, like Siegfried or Astaroth.

The few times they showed up I easily destroyed them with pure speed, despite them having a stupid high ranking, experience and talent. It's so easy. Just jab away in a nonsenical pattern and they're gone. People generally seem to favor fast characters. It just seems alot easier to win using them.

I even managed to rob several Siegfrieds of their criticals just by spamming quick verticals. You can see them initiating CE but I mash away and they lose their entire meter, sometimes twice in a row. Pretty weird that I'm able to do this even though their CE animation has begun.

Last edited:
CEs have start up, and they don’t all have armor on them like Tekken 7. Nothing sadder than getting into a GI war and GI’ing someone’s attempted super twice in the exchange.

And for a ghetto tier list:

Ivy, Seig, Yoshi
-
Everyone else

Tadaaaaaa

There should probably be a tier list discussion thread at this point. I think the top would maybe be something like Ivy, Nightmare and possibly Mina and Zas.

I don't see too much Zas players but he seems pretty strong, he seems to have lots of fairly safe fast knockback attacks that can completely shut out the shorter range characters.

Zas and Nightmare's CEs in particular seriously need to be changed, guard impact break attack uninterruptible is just a ridiculous combo, and Nightmares I think can be made unblockable too? Not to mention the hitbox seems to be a lot larger than it looks for Nightmare, I've been hit by that when it's not even close to touching.

Last edited:
Siggy? He's worthless. To slow to be a threat.

Until we stop seeing Siggy in top 8 consistently, he is anything but worthless.

I don't think Nightmare is that big an issue compared to Ivy, but maybe it's just match-up knowledge. Nightmare has some bad match-ups. I don't feel the same for Ivy. She pretty much feels... just good... and that's with her CS/SS nerf, which is unbelievable!

And Yoshi... I hate that fool. Always manages to sneak up the tier list the longer a game is out. He needs to go back to Tekken!

There should probably be a tier list discussion thread at this point. I think the top would maybe be something like Ivy, Nightmare and possibly Mina and Zas.

I don't see too much Zas players but he seems pretty strong, he seems to have lots of fairly safe fast knockback attacks that can completely shut out the shorter range characters.

Zas and Nightmare's CEs in particular seriously need to be changed, guard impact break attack uninterruptible is just a ridiculous combo, and Nightmares I think can be made unblockable too? Not to mention the hitbox seems to be a lot larger than it looks for Nightmare, I've been hit by that when it's not even close to touching.

Nope Zas and Nightmare CE’s is fine as they are.

I don’t know how far you look into those characters but Zasalamel in particular does very very little Guard damage that’s including his break attacks when compared to Nightmare and Mina.

And Nightmares has to be held as long as a fully charged RE for it to be unblockable if you can’t see that you’re being too defensive.
Work on punishing him instead of just defending against him, I can guarantee you’ll snap out of the “deer in headlights” trance.

The only CE I have an issue with is Ivy’s.
Her range game and floor grab is insane but a wide area auto GI super is a little stupid
(Not to mention it’s a GI that pulls you in from kilik’s range)

It doesn’t need to be an auto GI she’s decent enough at close range and that floor grab needs to be a special low.

One word: Sidestep. Use that 8wayrun like your life depends on it.

Back