Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

The lobby chat system has completely killed all communication for me.

I don’t even hunt for whatever the “GGs” equivalent is in the pages of junk.

Player match is honestly just a gigantic mess right now, like no thought or effort was put into it.

I agree the current chat system is very poor. We can only guess why they choose this design, but I suspect it's to reduce online harassment. But neutering the system, where you can't text what you want is a poor countermeasure. It's also needlessly complicated, because just typing "gg" is far easier than scrolling tab after tab to find an equivalent. I really hate to say it, but the online feels rushed, compared to SCV's.

Last edited:
But, but, but... we have this totally amazing Libra of Soul now. Which is obviously far more important and significant than placing any amount of focus on the multiplayer elements of the game. The amount of replay value and countless hours upon hours of fun, engaging gameplay against AI opponents is way better than playing actual people, right?

But, but, but... we have this totally amazing Libra of Soul now. Which is obviously far more important and significant than placing any amount of focus on the multiplayer elements of the game. The amount of replay value and countless hours upon hours of fun, engaging gameplay against AI opponents is way better than playing actual people, right?
Despite SCV having a simpler chat system than SCVI, which is what we're talking about?

So you can input throw breaks between frames 1-17 and it accepts the last input within that window?

If that’s correct, then there’s no OS and it’s all kosher.

That might be specifically what you're talking about right now but it doesnt matter. The point is not enough time and effort was placed in multiplayer elements of the game. I didnt bring up SC5 anyway.
You implied the multiplayer chat system sucks, because Project Soul put effort in their singleplayer, yet it's more complicated than what SCV offered. A basic, functioning chat system where players can type whatever, is far easier than writing a TON of pre-made lines no-one needs.

You implied the multiplayer chat system sucks, because Project Soul put effort in their singleplayer, yet it's more complicated than what SCV offered. A basic, functioning chat system where players can type whatever, is far easier than writing a TON of pre-made lines no-one needs.

More complicated for us, but maybe its also complicated for them to impliment a chat system perhaps? I suppose i really dont know what is and isnt difficult to code but i wasnt only talking about the chat system. There have been a lot of complaints about online features with this game in general.

More complicated for us, but maybe its also complicated for them to impliment a chat system perhaps? I suppose i really dont know what is and isnt difficult to code but i wasnt only talking about the chat system. There have been a lot of complaints about online features with this game in general.
This website and discord have basic chat systems. There's nothing complicated about adding one in the game. It was clearly a design choice, and a poor one at that. The only compliments I've seen stemmed from the strength connections, the chat, comparing online ranks, and the use of CaS in Ranked. SC6 still has replays and can have up to 8 player per room this time. What online features do you think suffers from them trying to add more singleplayer content?

It's very possible that they just copy and pasted the chat system from Dragon Ball Xenoverse, considering Dimps developed a lot of the game.

This website and discord have basic chat systems. There's nothing complicated about adding one in the game. It was clearly a design choice, and a poor one at that. The only compliments I've seen stemmed from the strength connections, the chat, comparing online ranks, and the use of CaS in Ranked. SC6 still has replays and can have up to 8 player per room this time. What online features do you think suffers from them trying to add more singleplayer content?

I've seen complaints about all of that, ragequits and no CAS portraits. It looks like a lot to me. I'm not going to be able to draw some straight line between PS's work focus on different areas and explain how one affects the other. But i can just draw the simple conclusion that two projects can not be completed at one time.

Back