Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Bruh i love this so much more than default Amy

D1bchivWsAA1ng-.jpg

Exactly, there's too much build up to Viola. It looks to me like them trying to write in a popular character and style into the plot so that they are viable.
I’m expecting the clone idea, mainly because it’d be easy write her in the current timeline that way and it’d be fully believable with Azwel being a master sorcerer and alchemist. Replacing Amy with Viola sounds unlikely because that would go against the theme of Okubo-led SC and would repeat SCV’s mistake.

I’m expecting the clone idea, mainly because it’d be easy write her in the current timeline that way and it’d be fully believable with Azwel being a master sorcerer and alchemist. Replacing Amy with Viola sounds unlikely because that would go against the theme of Okubo-led SC and would repeat SCV’s mistake.
I'm somewhat with you if for no other reason than Amy being replaced by Viola next game would piss me off. Unless both are in this game and Amy reacquires her memory through some plot next game allowing for both in that as well.

Only issue with that is how to have Viola in any game after that...

But what if Amy has been a uniquely convincing automaton all along?

As soon as there was a leap to make something of the doll reference, I almost posted "OMG, Amy=Ashlotte=Viola, it's all so obvious now!" If only to have some fun with convoluted theories being embraced too quickly on skimpy evidence. Honestly, I just don't see a very good argument for there being a duplicate being here. Even in SC's anything goes setting, it seems a bit out of place: we have a few constructed beings (the Astaroths (golems), the automatons), but they are are always recognizably inhuman, in either a frankenstein's monster or marionette kind of way. I'm not saying it would blow my socks off if, in this of all stories, the devs decided to embrace a plot point where alchemaniac Azwel creates a full-on replica of someone, but even so, it just doesn't seem to fit. I think it's much more likely that Azwel will alter Amy's mind (or steal her soul, or some such), probably using the crystal ball, since it has always obviously played some role in Viola's identity and now features in Amy's promotional materials pretty prominently.

Of course, Ardenwolf is quite right to point that out that this would raise issues with how one would accommodate both Amy in Viola in more than one or two games, but I suspect that is probably a bridge Project Soul are willing to defer crossing until they have to (after-all, a two game span of time in terms of how frequently Soul Calibur games are released means this isn't an issue they would have to resolve for another decade. Even then, we don't even know for a certainty that Viola will be introduced in SCVI--it's feasible they are just setting her up for a future appearance, although, I kind of doubt that based on the amount of effort they are going to in order to promote their confirmation of the Amy-Viola connection.

Ivy tried to make a homunculus in 4 with an artificial soul so it's a complete toss up as to what will be done.

Really? I have no memory of Ivy attempting that--interesting info.

Last edited:
This is only tangentially related to the current Amy discussion but what is with Bandai-Namco's obsession with chokers? Every female character in SCVI besides Sophitia, Mi-na and Xianghua have something around or covering their necks. Chokers are way out of style, even here in America. They're a bit anachronistic, too, but that's more of a justification than a critique since SC has moved more toward being one giant anachronism.

I will say that some of the male designs are miraculously stylish by modern fashion and design standards. Maxi, Raphael and Groh's designs are as much high fantasy medieval as they are haute couture.

As soon as there was a leap to make something of the doll reference, I almost posted "OMG, Amy=Ashlotte=Viola, it's all so obvious now!" If only to have some fun with convoluted theories being embraced too quickly on skimpy evidence. Honestly, I just don't see a very good argument for there being a duplicate being here. Even in SC's anything goes setting, it seems a bit out of place: we have a few constructed beings (the Astaroths (golems), the automatons), but they are are always recognizably inhuman, in either a frankenstein's monster or marionette kind of way. I'm not saying it would blow my socks off if, in this of all stories, the devs decided to embrace a plot point where alchemaniac Azwel creates a full-on replica of someone, but even so, it just doesn't seem to fit. I think it's much more likely that Azwel will alter Amy's mind (or steal her soul, or some such), probably using the crystal ball, since it has always obviously played some role in Viola's identity and now features in Amy's promotional materials pretty prominently.

Of course, Ardenwolf is quite right to point that out that this would raise issues with how one would accommodate both Amy in Viola in more than one or two games, but I suspect that is probably a bridge Project Soul are willing to defer crossing until they have to (after-all, a two game span of time in terms of how frequently Soul Calibur games are released means this isn't an issue they would have to resolve for another decade. Even then, we don't even know for a certainty that Viola will be introduced in SCVI--it's feasible they are just setting her up for a future appearance, although, I kind of doubt that based on the amount of effort they are going to in order to promote their confirmation of the Amy-Viola connection.

Really? I have no memory of Ivy attempting that--interesting info.
I’ll explain in further detail later when I’m at my computer but I don’t think they’d be dumb enough to replace Amy with Viola. The clone idea makes perfect sense and is fully believable.

Chokers are forever.
Also, not meaning to bring outside stuff here but seriously, Amy fans are as bad as Talim fans and I hate it immensely.
"She's a cartoon"
Okay so you're not even hiding the fact that you're thirsting over children?
I wish the Soulcalibur fandom had less pervs in it.

Chokers are forever.
Also, not meaning to bring outside stuff here but seriously, Amy fans are as bad as Talim fans and I hate it immensely.
"She's a cartoon"
Okay so you're not even hiding the fact that you're thirsting over children?
I wish the Soulcalibur fandom had less pervs in it.
View attachment 60145
View attachment 60144
I can safely say that I’m a fan of both characters and am asexual. Also that seems like a pretty small part of the fandom.

Is it too early to speculate on Cassandra's special abilities and moveset? I wasn't sure if I should still discuss Amy's if we are getting an English version of the Q&A tomorrow and then gameplay after weapon master.

This is only tangentially related to the current Amy discussion but what is with Bandai-Namco's obsession with chokers?

I love them, they’re really popular here in the UK recently. I always feel like a nice choker/necklace moment works well for the ladies of SC since they tend to counterbalance the insane disproportionate nature of their breasts 🙄 A shame they aren’t unisex though

I love them, they’re really popular here in the UK recently. I always feel like a nice choker/necklace moment works well for the ladies of SC since they tend to counterbalance the insane disproportionate nature of their breasts 🙄 A shame they aren’t unisex though
It's not that I think they look bad, but I just feel like there was no diversity of design. Like, I wish we could have more interesting jewelry similar to the Coerdite Necklace or the round stone one from SCV along with all the chokers.

Back