Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Sandman, Linkorz, Omega are Boom are decent at commenting but those are American players that commentate American tournaments, it just seems the UK side is lacking when it comes to Soul Calibur. As Brit it's a bit disheartening that we don't have enough interest like the French do.

I don’t think the U.K. isn’t interested I just think we don’t communicate or even know where each other resides.

I want to get better but the only person from the U.K. that is active enough to be visible is Holy Carp on Twitter.
I think he’s based in the midlands (center of England)

I’m based in London and it’s difficult to seek out an offline scene.
It’s knowing where to look and who to ask.
Again like I’ve tried to explain to the Soul Calibur community on twitter, Twitter is not a great place to expand the community without a good footing, it’s a miscellaneous place to harbour content on.

Competitive interest is small in the U.K. because general interest doesn’t have a base.

BTW does anyone have the link to the French stream I’m hella disappointed with the English commentary we’ve waited 6 years to get our hands back in the franchise and they seem really depressed about it.
They don’t need to jump up an down but for the love of the holy sword show some passion!

I want to get better but the only person from the U.K. that is active enough to be visible is Holy Carp on Twitter.
I think he’s based in the midlands (center of England)

I’m based in London and it’s difficult to seek out an offline scene.
It’s knowing where to look and who to ask.
You're right about Carp being from the Midlands yeah. As for up-and-coming events in London, https://www.facebook.com/events/385397868856054 Meltdown on the 25th. No sign-up needed.

There's a Soulcalibur UK Discord where most stuff is organised/discussed. If you (or any other UK players) would like a link lemme know.

I hope with the next-gen consoles coming out next year, that they'll maybe port a Soulcalibur VI: Complete Edition for the upcoming consoles featuring enhanced graphics, all DLC, and added stuff as a launch title. I mean, I know backwards compatibility is a thing, but I feel like this could really keep the community going until they announce SCVII.

It wouldn't cost too much, and they could capitalize on all the people buying new consoles that would like a fighting game, and Namco makes easy money. Sounds like a win to me.

IGN is full of normie reviewers who don't understand nor have the interest to go deep into the mechanics of fighting games. If you want reviews from sites that have an actual investment in the fighting game genre go to thefightersgeneration or any well respected tournament players. Hell even the people here will be able to give you a better review than IGN could ever do. There's a reason why people prefer to subscribe to some random person on Youtube to find out specific details of certain games rather than a mouth piece for IGN.

You're right about Carp being from the Midlands yeah. As for up-and-coming events in London, https://www.facebook.com/events/385397868856054 Meltdown on the 25th. No sign-up needed.

There's a Soulcalibur UK Discord where most stuff is organised/discussed. If you (or any other UK players) would like a link lemme know.

Thanks for this I’ll be sure to check it out...
Strangely enough I used to live opposite Meltdown for 3 years until last August and checked it out a few times but the only thing I saw played was smash every Monday SFV every Thursday and LoL everyday I brought my PS4 there once because Tekken 7 was non existent haha.

Glad to see more fighting games have made it in.

And yes link to U.K. SC discord would be awesome!

Thanks for this I’ll be sure to check it out...
Strangely enough I used to live opposite Meltdown for 3 years until last August and checked it out a few times but the only thing I saw played was smash every Monday SFV every Thursday and LoL everyday I brought my PS4 there once because Tekken 7 was non existent haha.

Glad to see more fighting games have made it in.

And yes link to U.K. SC discord would be awesome!
Good of you to do that, pretty much how scenes start! Let's hope the Soulcalibur one picks up a bit more.

Soulcalibur UK Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/NH6Gfcx

I hope with the next-gen consoles coming out next year, that they'll maybe port a Soulcalibur VI: Complete Edition for the upcoming consoles featuring enhanced graphics, all DLC, and added stuff as a launch title. I mean, I know backwards compatibility is a thing, but I feel like this could really keep the community going until they announce SCVII.

It wouldn't cost too much, and they could capitalize on all the people buying new consoles that would like a fighting game, and Namco makes easy money. Sounds like a win to me.
This would be good, although if they do that, I'd hope they would maintain supporting the current-gen version and have the exact same content in both. Wouldn't exactly go over well to have content unique to a new console making people who want to have everything need to get the new system for that purpose, as another way of looking at it.

hey, did anyone here get the Collector's Edition? If so, would you say the Art Book and Sophitia statue were worth the price?

A local store has the CE on sale for $90, and that's the cheapest I've ever seen it.

Art book is nice, but most if not all of the art's already in the game as well unfortunately. The Sophitia statue's definitely good though.

I don’t think it’s worth it, personally. The art book is tiny (same size as a game case) and only features the art unlockable in-game, and now not even all of it. The Sophitia statue is also pretty disappointing. The paint job isn’t great, especially the shield, and the sword is solid grey plastic.

I don’t think it’s worth it, personally. The art book is tiny (same size as a game case) and only features the art unlockable in-game, and now not even all of it. The Sophitia statue is also pretty disappointing. The paint job isn’t great, especially the shield, and the sword is solid grey plastic.
I'm also personally disappointed with the pose of the character. I mean it is totally sensible as a concept but in practice it's difficult to see the character as a whole. I would so much preffer for her to be standing like on the splash art/box
But then again I had an opportunity to get her for free so I ain't complaining

Last edited:
Back