Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

What are the ramifications of this?
If Autumn from a year ago was answering this, her response would've been something like "OH NO WE'RE FUCKED!" But now? I'm not bothered by this much, since A.) SC6 didn't flop and actually sold really well and B.) the whole "Harada hates Soulcalibur" thing seems a little blown out of proportion sometimes.

Now, do I believe the higher-ups at Namco don't like this series? Yes. Do I think Harada is a big part of that? Not really.

Wasn't Harada on the PS team once, and isn't he good friends with Okubo?

I kinda hope this means we'll get SC games greenlighted. Wonder how Tekken is going to be with Michael Murray leading as well.

I just hope nothing weird happens with potential future entries of SC.
By weird I guess just mean SC3/4/5 things in general.

Okubo is still in control right? Or am I just misunderstanding this completely? I like Okubo a lot.
I think this basically means Harada is now Okubo's boss. I'm pretty sure a producer's role is to manage scheduling and budget. So if Okubo has to wrestle with higher-ups for a bigger budget again, he'd probably have to wrestle with Harada now.

Hopefully they'd make a video out of it. If Okubo wins 3-out-of-5 in SC6 and Tekken 7 against Harada, then SC6 gets another season pass!

Oh, I changed nickname by the way. Instead of Sectus, it's FluffyQuack, which is the same nick I'm using everywhere else.

Okubo told in an interview that Harada himself said that « the Sc franchise will crash if nobody takes the leadership ».
Then Okubo raise his hand and said « I will be the leader » .

Plus Harada was involved in Sc4 .
So I would say that it is a good sign that he is now general producer .
And also , the relationship between Okubo and Harada seems to be good ( Okubo seems more an introverted person , the opposite of Harada’s general attitude).

I think this basically means Harada is now Okubo's boss. I'm pretty sure a producer's role is to manage scheduling and budget. So if Okubo has to wrestle with higher-ups for a bigger budget again, he'd probably have to wrestle with Harada now.

Hopefully they'd make a video out of it. If Okubo wins 3-out-of-5 in SC6 and Tekken 7 against Harada, then SC6 gets another season pass!

Oh, I changed nickname by the way. Instead of Sectus, it's FluffyQuack, which is the same nick I'm using everywhere else.

Oh! I get it. Well if that's the case and its true that they're close then perhaps it won't be all too bad. I was expecting something quite different from this, thanks for that clarification!
10/10 Harada Vs Okubo though! I'll cry with no S2!

Well in the defense of Harada he also made T5 and was co director of T3 and T4 those are some of the best fighting fighting games ever made. Even Tekken 6 was super good tho there were things i didn't like in that game.

He also worked on some past SC games, making him to be the main reason SC4 was not good isn't fair tbh.

Some SCVI models so you can make your own images!

dctmc86-5a280228-e4b5-44ed-b8cb-aaa479c45517.jpg

dcslsuo-21f81f68-26de-4108-b35c-919c19eae144.jpg

dcqdq38-06727691-6624-4b99-b042-64088d2f0f68.jpg

For future games, SC could improve by having new faces and not the same ones from SCIV.

It is indeed disgusting. Look at how Sub Zero looked in his MK2 ending. And then in MK3 he resembled Christopher Reeves. There's no excuse for that sloppiness.
View attachment 61411View attachment 61412
I must admit though that I have a bit of a 'crush' on MK11 Kitana. She's not consistent, but she is stunning!

They have given a reason for this, sort of. In MK11
"it's shown that every game has taken place in a different timeline as Kronika deleted the universe to restart it again"

hey, did anyone here get the Collector's Edition? If so, would you say the Art Book and Sophitia statue were worth the price?

A local store has the CE on sale for $90, and that's the cheapest I've ever seen it.

For $75 you can take my UNopened Sophitia statue, and artbook in its original box.

Well in the defense of Harada he also made T5 and was co director of T3 and T4 those are some of the best fighting fighting games ever made. Even Tekken 6 was super good tho there were things i didn't like in that game.

He also worked on some past SC games, making him to be the main reason SC4 was not good isn't fair tbh.

I think it's easy for most people to forget that Harada is just one man and that Project Soul as whole didn't really understand what game they were making. We've even seen this happen in SC6 with some very questionable changes like flapjack not ringing out then put back in with a later patch. Also people really forget that the fighting game genre had a pretty big downturn in the mid and late 2000's due to other genre's taking up people's attention which would have contributed to dwindling interest in the Soul Calibur series, it's only been in the past three to four years that fighting games have had a big resurgence, it's not 90's craze but right now is definitely a silver age. I do get the feeling that the interest in the fighting game genre is starting to die off again though, it feels like we've reached it's peak this console generation and we will get another resurgence next generation mid cycle.

For future games, SC could improve by having new faces and not the same ones from SCIV.

They're not the same (see image) but they do use them as a base model. Next game I do want fresh new models though.

SC4 Taki vs SC6 Taki 2.jpg

Back