Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

This just in from my sources. Apparently they did another poll, and the 4 new dlc will be:
1. Dampierre
2. Yoda
3. Devil Jin Style
4. Alpha Patroclus
Are you sure?
I got
1. Alpha Pat
2. Beta Pat
3. Gamma pat
4. Rock

Kappa Kappa Kappa
Apparently alpha Pat will be like we know, while beta is going to take Yun Seong's style, and gamma takes Hilde's style. Rock is a clone of astaroth but his gimmick is that he can't use meter, and he doesn't get a break attack. Also he doesn't get a redesign, he's just straight ripped from soul blade.

while beta is going to take Yun Seong's style
don't mock me malfested, I'm still upset..
patroklos_eats_a_sandwich__by_dhim-d4ka7dm2.gif

I was watching some replays earlier of Japanese players using Cassandra and I noticed that she has Patroklos A+B and B+K animations during her Soul Charge strings and I believe she also has Pyrrha Ω 236A and back throw animations, and Pyrrha WR A+B. The knockback from her RE K on hit is ridiculous, it's like Astaroth RE B. They changed her standing guard pose so that it matches her idle pose. Her moveset looks more interesting than I expected, it's not as basic as Sophitia. But whether I will actually like playing as her, I don't know. I find Azwel's moveset interesting, but his playstyle doesn't work for me and Voldo is interesting (I played him in SCV), but there are too many things I dislike about his moveset in this game. So I will try her out and see if I like playing her. I wouldn't mind having an extra secondary.

It's great that SCVI will continue to be supported, but they need to fix the online issues as soon as possible. I find this even more important than adding extra characters and stages because when I inevitably get frustrated by the bullshit that happens online and stop playing for a while, those extra characters and stages would just sit there unused until I get back to the game again. I would play offline at events if I could, but I can't travel.
Good observation with A+B and B+K. I think those back throw animations are something Omega Pyrrha originally stole from Cassandra. I couldn't see Omega Pyrrha's 236A anywhere. Looks like Cass still has the same 236B animation.

Kind of wish we got Cassandra’s SCIV 2P but I’m glad we didn’t get two sets of pantyhose. Can someone who has her check to see the placement of her items? Specifically, are her tights an individual item and is her dress in undergarments or middle layer upper body?
Not sure if anyone's answered this, but her tights are actually a kind of full body undergarment. They have a break feature on low break, like Ivy's. Cass' dress is an unbreakable upper body, and you can place things over it. Her shoes and gloves are both breakable like normal.

One extra little thing is that she also comes with three hairstyles, one as you see in game, one that's broken and one without the ribbon. The ribbon-less doesn't break.

TL;Dr the tights are separate, count as an undergarment and have a tear function on armor break.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone's answered this, but her tights are actually a kind of full body undergarment. They have a break feature on low break, like Ivy's. Cass' dress is an unbreakable upper body, and you can place things over it. Her shoes and gloves are both break like normal.

One extra little thing is that she also comes with three hairstyles, one as you see in game, one that's broken and one without the ribbon. The ribbon-less doesn't break.

TL;Dr the tights are separate, count as an undergarment and have a fear function on armor break.
Thank you so much I been looking all online for this info. I’m so happy those shoes are separate! I’m so happy I’m crying!

Not sure if anyone's answered this, but her tights are actually a kind of full body undergarment. They have a break feature on low break, like Ivy's. Cass' dress is an unbreakable upper body, and you can place things over it. Her shoes and gloves are both breakable like normal.

TL;Dr the tights are separate, count as an undergarment and have a tear function on armor break.
Thank you! Glad to hear they didn’t mash all of her costume into one item like Sophitia and Xianghua. Her dress seems really versatile + it’s nice and structured.

Well my bitching about Haohmaru aside, the Cass portion of this reveal was absolutely wonderful. I think a lot of people had some different preferences for how she should turn out and honestly it seems like they did a great job attempting to please everyone with her. She appears to be a step up on just about any way you can judge the character. Congratulations to all the Cass fans here. I used to like her in 2 and 3 but not so much in 4. This looks like her best version yet going off the trailer and brief video i've seen. I just might be a Cass main going forward.

If you asked me if I’m more excited to see how Cassandra’s story turns out or to hear the fruits of @FluffyQuack datamining the update... I’m honestly not sure which one I’d answer. And you guys know how much I value this series lore.

Back