Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

This game is running on fumes from my experience, and has been for months on end. I'm happy they're doing CPR with the promise of a second season but really, who are they kidding? Online is practically dead compared to other fighting games and in those rare occasions when sessions get somewhat active it's mostly a laggy, miserable affair. I dunno, maybe it's bad luck with these continual bad connections, but I'm so sick of it.

Online has been breezy for me the past month or so. Very short wait times, less bad connections. Still dealing with the odd network glitch but I never seem to feel the need to pull out my phone in between matches.

My online experiences are few and far between, but none of them have been overly bad or even mediocre, honestly. I might need to test them again now though, since I lost my broadband connection. :/

This game is running on fumes from my experience, and has been for months on end. I'm happy they're doing CPR with the promise of a second season but really, who are they kidding? Online is practically dead compared to other fighting games and in those rare occasions when sessions get somewhat active it's mostly a laggy, miserable affair. I dunno, maybe it's bad luck with these continual bad connections, but I'm so sick of it.
Well, it's not just you: the online experience is attrocious at times, and I think a lot of us who are sticking with the game out of franchise loyalty and a desire to see it rejuvenated are still not playing a lot outside of the occasions when they get together with friends for live play or at least set up casual matches with reliable connections. I get a couple of ranked matches in a week, the last couple of months.

But I don't think that really means the game is "running on fumes"; it just hit its sales peak early (not atypical for most games in this genre now), and now its in a different phase. It's no accident that the mechanics are suddenly shifting back towards not bootstrapping the newbies around season two: Namco are well aware that the broad audience sales have fallen off at this point: indeed, they would have more specific figures as to that than anyone. But their profit margin is so much more massive for season passes than it is for core games, if they do it right, that they can afford to support the game via DLC for a while. Indeed, insofar as I think Namco has been searching for every opportunity to push the continuing support / deliver the game in components model, I think they are willing to continue to release content for Soul Calibur for a while, even if the profit margin shrinks to next to nothing by the end of a third season. As it happens, I was just discussing the same topic here.

I think they'll probably start selling season two by the end of the month, or early next month. There was a monthish between Tekken's second season pass announcement and availability to be purchased as well. And you can't buy its third season pass yet, either.

Excellent.gif

i shall wait then.

Last edited:
She does seem especially powerful. Some moves definitely need nerfs, her 1A does more damage than most other characters' and she has some crazy fast attacks.
And, while it needs specific circumstances, she also hasa really execution light 148 damage combo.

They are not uncommon either, Cass often has little guard meter, and the minute she had a full super meter and yellow health, she can essentially end a match in one quick and easy combo, if she has done even just a third of health.

Is it just me who thinks Cassandra’s P1 would have been better with a longer skirt, either her traditional tennis skirt length from SC2 or something more like this:

7587FAAD-718E-4C21-88BF-345EDB29A7BA.jpeg
6C333DBC-0DC7-41F0-B524-BEF0D02BA239.jpeg
5E42CB51-4108-49C2-B690-BE133EAA7124.jpeg

it’s a shame all the skirts in the game are either extremely short or as basic and plain as that one^

also, any ideas on how to make it look as exciting as the shirt? i’d ask in the CAS threads but they’re highkey dead

also, any ideas on how to make it look as exciting as the shirt? i’d ask in the CAS threads but they’re highkey dead

I love the colors you used!
As for how to make the skirt more exciting to look at, my guess would be to experiment with a pattern, in terms of its size, colors, and angle, and block off certain parts of the pattern using stickers, that way you can mimic some of the designs in the shirt. 🤔

There might be a way to use a pattern with stripes to get the black and gold, and use stickers to introduce some maroon parts, covering up a portion of the pattern to break it up. The stickers I'm talking about would be the plain geometric shapes; sometimes I think they lay nicely over certain garments.

(There are some very badass CAS folks on this site who might know better, tho. Shame the CAS threads are dead af.)

Thank you! I ended up with this:
D763E9CE-EF7F-4916-843D-76D04F3D48B3.jpeg

by using western 18 and sizing it up to full. I tried using butterfly stickers in maroon and circles in black to introduce the maroon from the shirt into the skirt in a similar pattern to the brocade, panelling off the butterfly wings with the black circles, but there aren’t enough sticker slots to make it look good enough :/

Zas' CE tends to be pretty damn annoying but I find his reverse RO game to be way more infuriating, especially his throws that make it basically a guessing game. No sense to approach this guy near the ledge.
I pretty much NEVER approach Zas near a ledge as long as I have the health lead. It’s my of telling them that you’re going to have to approach me. Same goes for Siegfried players with their 4B.

If they brought back brave edges for everybody how do you think soul charge should be balanced around this? I think people would opt to do brave edges more than soul charge so i think buffing the time limit you have on it would be a good

Back